Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostMinerTrog909, on 12 April 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Looks awesome!!!! Is it just you or do you have a team? Posted Image
Thanks! Posted Image
Right now it's just me (changing code), but I plan on making it open-source (or something similar) soon.
Even now I can just barely keep up with new ideas from people, bugfixes etc.

Edit: Of course SirusKing is doing the textures Posted Image
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

SirusKing
  • Minecraft: SirusKing

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostMaexx97, on 12 April 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Thanks! Posted Image
Right now it's just me, but I plan on making it open-source (or something similar) soon.
Even now I can just barely keep up with new ideas from people, bugfixes etc.
You forget about me? D:
And the oreDict for Bronze plate is plateBronze
Yeah its GT that adds it. Its same cost as Bronze just needs processing. And 3 copper + 1 tin = 1 Bronze in GT anyway sooo Posted Image

You are aware of the Bugs with the Mecha Armour? (Not needing power for the effects and Invincibility?)
And a nerf (I like nerfing things), 1 MJ a second is nowhere near enough for the effects, thats like 1 Redstone engine. 1 Every tick would be better :P
Posted Image

Maexx97
    Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostSirusKing, on 12 April 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

You forget about me? D:
And the oreDict for Bronze plate is plateBronze
Yeah its GT that adds it. Its same cost as Bronze just needs processing. And 3 copper + 1 tin = 1 Bronze in GT anyway sooo Posted Image

You are aware of the Bugs with the Mecha Armour? (Not needing power for the effects and Invincibility?)
And a nerf (I like nerfing things), 1 MJ a second is nowhere near enough for the effects, thats like 1 Redstone engine. 1 Every tick would be better Posted Image
Sorry Posted Image
I was referring to people accessing and working on the source code, because that's what I'm thinking about changing (making it open source or semi-open-source).
And thanks!
Where did you get the ore dictionary information from? Is there some site listing it, because that would be very useful for me as well.
As I said, GT stuff will be in v1.3 of the mod, v1.2 is ready for release at this point.

The armor should use energy when active, are you completely sure that id doesn't use it ?
And 1MJ/t doesn't really work because with an average maximum of 3000MJ storage it would drain in only ~150 seconds.
Posted Image

trancefer

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Maexx97 Thank you very much for fast fix. You super!Posted Image

x3n0b4t3
      x3n0b4t3

Tree Puncher

• Members
    • 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Maexx97, thank you for update! I already tested some stuff from 1.2. Compressed air pack works nice. Thumb up!

Bugreport: I tried to use Mechatronic Armor T3, and there are some problems with it. I picked up full charged set of armor and tried to attack agressive mobs. Armor was deactivated. First time armor spent energy for damage blocking. Then energy is low, energy consumption is stopped. Armor still blocking all damage, but don't use remains energy. Energy level stopped on ~ 140/270/190/40 MJ for helmet/chestplate/leggings/boots. So, if mechatronic armor is not activated, it is infinite.

New stuff offer:
    1) What are you think about new tool for pipes fast dismantling? Like a Crescent Hammer from TE.
    2) I think, it is a good idea to add Energized Ingot (ingotEnergized) and Energized Plate (plateEnergized) to Forge Dictionary for better compatible with other mods.
    3) Changing recipe for Energized Plate, if RailCraft of GregTech is installed. It can be crafted in Rolling Machine or Plate Bending Machine, not on the Crafting Table.
    4) Mechatronic Armor is better and cheaper, then Quantum Suite from IC2/GregTech. Perhaps you should add iridium plates to Mechatronic Armor recipes, if GregTech is installed?

Maexx97
      Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
    • Curse Premium
    • 258 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

View Posttrancefer, on 12 April 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Maexx97 Thank you very much for fast fix. You super!Posted Image
      Well, the bug was also my fault, but thanks, glad I could fix it so quickly Posted Image

View Postx3n0b4t3, on 13 April 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Maexx97, thank you for update! I already tested some stuff from 1.2. Compressed air pack works nice. Thumb up!

Bugreport: I tried to use Mechatronic Armor T3, and there are some problems with it. I picked up full charged set of armor and tried to attack agressive mobs. Armor was deactivated. First time armor spent energy for damage blocking. Then energy is low, energy consumption is stopped. Armor still blocking all damage, but don't use remains energy. Energy level stopped on ~ 140/270/190/40 MJ for helmet/chestplate/leggings/boots. So, if mechatronic armor is not activated, it is infinite.
      You're welcome!
      The armor thing is very well observed, but not quite true, I'll explain it to you: Normally the damage gets distributed pretty equally between all the armor pieces. When the armor energy gets low, the armor differs from vanilla armor though - instead of breaking, it detects whether it can take even more damage - if not, it doesn't absorb any damage, meaning the other armor pieces have to absorb more. If no armor piece can absorb damage anymore because their energy is too low, the armor won't absorb any damage at all, and the full damage will be transfered to the player. So if your armor is low and a creeper explodes next to you, you're dead Posted Image

But I'm not 100% happy with how the armor works either, I'm tweaking and playing around with it ever so often, there may be some changes to it in the future.

View Postx3n0b4t3, on 13 April 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

New stuff offer:
      1) What are you think about new tool for pipes fast dismantling? Like a Crescent Hammer from TE.
      2) I think, it is a good idea to add Energized Ingot (ingotEnergized) and Energized Plate (plateEnergized) to Forge Dictionary for better compatible with other mods.
      3) Changing recipe for Energized Plate, if RailCraft of GregTech is installed. It can be crafted in Rolling Machine or Plate Bending Machine, not on the Crafting Table.
      4) Mechatronic Armor is better and cheaper, then Quantum Suite from IC2/GregTech. Perhaps you should add iridium plates to Mechatronic Armor recipes, if GregTech is installed?
      • Do you mean making them break as fast as it was before? I planned on adding such an item a long time ago, but never really got to it…will to it at some point, maybe in the next version,

• That's a good idea, will do it Posted Image

• I'm always working on more compatibility with other mods, the big Railcraft&Gregtech thing is planned, I will add those recipes to my list, thanks!

• That's also a good idea, although I'd like to keep the requirement of IC2 pretty low, as this mod is supposed to make it possible to make tools and armor with just Buildcraft.

• Thanks a lot for all those ideas, as always! Posted Image

Posted Image

x3n0b4t3
        x3n0b4t3

Tree Puncher

• Members
      • 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Maexx97, I made a short video about armor issue. Please, check your pm.

Maexx97
        Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
      • Curse Premium
      • 258 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

Thanks a lot man!
      I see what you mean now, I also found the issue - I forgot to multiply the damage with the damage multiplier at one point - I will release a quick fix in ~30 minutes from now.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your engagement and interest for the mod!
      Posted Image

trancefer

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

Hi again!
      Nei show me recipe "Energized Ingot" from "Bronze ignot" or "Iron ignot" in "assemble teble". But this craft only "bronze ignot" from "forestry". From "iron ignot" and "bronze ignot" from "ic2" dont create "Energized Ingot".
      And if you can, make a .lang file for another countries.
      Thanks.

Maexx97
        Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
      • Curse Premium
      • 258 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

View Posttrancefer, on 15 April 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Hi again!
      Nei show me recipe "Energized Ingot" from "Bronze ignot" or "Iron ignot" in "assemble teble". But this craft only "bronze ignot" from "forestry". From "iron ignot" and "bronze ignot" from "ic2" dont create "Energized Ingot".
      And if you can, make a .lang file for another countries.
      Thanks.
      Yes, the problem is that the assembly table can't use the ore dictionary from what I've seen - that's why you can only use forestry bronze at the moment. I'll either have to go through all the mods that add bronze and add them, or find some way of using the ore dictionary with the assembly table.
      And I've been working on the language files, will be in the mod at some point! ;)
      Posted Image

trancefer

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostMaexx97, on 15 April 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

Yes, the problem is that the assembly table can't use the ore dictionary from what I've seen - that's why you can only use forestry bronze at the moment. I'll either have to go through all the mods that add bronze and add them, or find some way of using the ore dictionary with the assembly table.
      And I've been working on the language files, will be in the mod at some point! Posted Image
      Ok, thanks, but why don't create "Energized Ingot" from "Iron ignot"? Or that true?

Maexx97
        Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
      • Curse Premium
      • 258 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

What do you mean by that? Isn't it createable in the Assembly Table with an Iron Ingot?
      Posted Image

x3n0b4t3
        x3n0b4t3

Tree Puncher

• Members
      • 30 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostMaexx97, on 15 April 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

What do you mean by that? Isn't it createable in the Assembly Table with an Iron Ingot?
      Maexx97, yes, I confirm this issue. Energized Ingot is not craftable from Iron Ingot - result of crafting is displayed in the right part of Assembly Table windows, but process not start. Now recipe works only with Forestry Bronze. If you place iron and bronze ingots in the assembly table both, sometimes it craft energized ingots from iron, but you can not take this ingots, and iron didn't spent.

trancefer

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

I make 2 videos with problems, please see that.

x3n0b4t3
        x3n0b4t3

Tree Puncher

• Members
      • 30 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

And... It is suggestionstime! Posted Image
      The main task of BuildCraft is to help build, isn't it? So, I want to propose a new measurement tool.
      Spoiler: Warning! Photoshop mad skillz!!!1!11

Maexx97
        Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
      • Curse Premium
      • 258 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

View Postx3n0b4t3, on 15 April 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Maexx97, yes, I confirm this issue. Energized Ingot is not craftable from Iron Ingot - result of crafting is displayed in the right part of Assembly Table windows, but process not start. Now recipe works only with Forestry Bronze. If you place iron and bronze ingots in the assembly table both, sometimes it craft energized ingots from iron, but you can not take this ingots, and iron didn't spent.
      For me it works :/
      I know that it's unusual for the Assembly Table to have different possible inputs for the same output, which might be an issue for the Buildcraft code, but I can't really do anything else than registering the recipes - Buildcraft handles the rest. If I could, I'd fix it of course, but I can't. The only thing I can hope for is that that's fixed in the 1.5.1 version of BC.

View Posttrancefer, on 15 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

I make 2 videos with problems, please see that.
      <videos>
      Are you sure that you are on the newest Buildcraft version and (if it is on a server) that it's not just server lag?
      Because I don't have any of those two problems :/
      I'd love to fix the first one, but I can't reproduce it (neither on client nor on server), meaning I can't find the issue in the code.
      For the issue with the assembly table, again, I can't do anything else than registering the recipes, Buildcraft does the rest, I have no influence on how it does it…sorry…

View Postx3n0b4t3, on 15 April 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

And... It is suggestionstime! Posted Image
      The main task of BuildCraft is to help build, isn't it? So, I want to propose a new measurement tool.
      Spoiler: Warning! Photoshop mad skillz!!!1!11
      Those are some very good ideas, I will add them to my list!
      I don't have an idea on how to make the circle yet, but I'm quite sure I can do the rest Posted Image
      Thanks a lot!
      Posted Image

x3n0b4t3
        x3n0b4t3

Tree Puncher

• Members
      • 30 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostMaexx97, on 15 April 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

I know that it's unusual for the Assembly Table to have different possible inputs for the same output, which might be an issue for the Buildcraft code, but I can't really do anything else than registering the recipes - Buildcraft handles the rest. If I could, I'd fix it of course, but I can't.
      Alternative way to resolve this problem - make an energized ingot craftable only from GOLD ingot (may be, gold + diamond). It will complicate craft of tools and armor. Now it's too easy, I think.

Those are some very good ideas, I will add them to my list!
      I don't have an idea on how to make the circle yet, but I'm quite sure I can do the rest Posted Image
      Thanks a lot!
      It's only my vision of possible features, but tools like this combines well with your mod's name and main idea of BuildCraft - building. This trend (help in the planning of buildings), which does not affect in other mods and, I think, it's possible to invent many good new features in future. Posted Image

Maexx97
        Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
      • Curse Premium
      • 258 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

View Postx3n0b4t3, on 15 April 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Alternative way to resolve this problem - make an energized ingot craftable only from GOLD ingot (may be, gold + diamond). It will complicate craft of tools and armor. Now it's too easy, I think.
      Using gold is a good idea - in fact, I will do that. But I think I will make the energized plate recipe give you 2 plates per recipe, because otherwise the "gap" between the material costs of the T1 and T2 armor would be too big…

View Postx3n0b4t3, on 15 April 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

It's only my vision of possible features, but tools like this combines well with your mod's name and main idea of BuildCraft - building. This trend (help in the planning of buildings), which does not affect in other mods and, I think, it's possible to invent many good new features in future. Posted Image
      Exactly, that's why I like that idea so much. And I really enjoy that so many ideas and suggestions are coming from the community - knowing what the community wants helps making a better mod with really useful features, and is much better than just one person planning and deciding about all the features. More opinions and ideas are always better than one Posted Image
      Thanks a lot!
      Posted Image

trancefer

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Are you sure that you are on the newest Buildcraft version and (if it is on a server) that it's not just server lag?
      Because I don't have any of those two problems :/
      I'd love to fix the first one, but I can't reproduce it (neither on client nor on server), meaning I can't find the issue in the code.
      For the issue with the assembly table, again, I can't do anything else than registering the recipes, Buildcraft does the rest, I have no influence on how it does it…sorry…
      Sorry I find a problem. I am using THIS bc3 for mcpc+. when i use original bc3 3.4.3 for 1.4.7 bug with second movie fixed. but bug with duplucate not fix(

Maexx97
        Maexx97

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
      • Curse Premium
      • 258 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Posttrancefer, on 15 April 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Sorry I find a problem. I am using THIS bc3 for mcpc+. when i use original bc3 3.4.3 for 1.4.7 bug with second movie fixed. but bug with duplucate not fix(
      Ah okay :)
      I'll look into the bug with the charger, see if I can't find something in the code…again, my testing on server and client didn't give me that bug - I guess it's only in creative mode?
      Posted Image