• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

XP Chest

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Supercoolguy4

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

So, don't you ever wish you could store xp inside a chest? My idea is, 8 iron ingots surrounding a chest gives you an XP chest which when you open it, pulls up a HUD which says: Deposit 1, Deposit 5, Deposit ALL, Withdraw 1, Withdraw 5, and Withdraw ALL. Just a thought, please leave your thoughts below.

Register or log in to remove.

Atm12397

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

I think it should cost you more than that to store xp because levels can give you some pretty great weapons, tools, etc. A silk touch enchantment can be very useful especially when enchanting something unbreakable like a stick.

Badprenup
    Badprenup

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11003 posts
  • Minecraft: Badprenup

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

I always though you should be able to fill Bottles of Enchanting by putting a Bottle in a Crafting Table, but at the expense of about 10-25% of the XP you put into it. For example at a 10% cost, using 30 levels on a Bottle of Enchanting would give you 27 levels when you use it. There must be some kind of internal cost to keep it balanced. Otherwise as long as you have whatever the means of storage is you never need to worry about XP when dying again.
Looks like my free time is going to be divided equally between Minecraft suggestions and Starbound suggestions from now on.

gzoom123
  • Minecraft: gzoom

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

this is not a big need in the a game but i can see why u think its a good idea i my self porbs take xp for granted
Posted Image
Please have a look at my channel: http://www.youtube.c...MinecraftSteves

bunivasal

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

I was thinking it would be nice if we could put XP in cauldrons, give them another purpose. That or have a decorative item that saves XP. A chalice? A vase?
Posted Image

Lt_Colonel_Fifi
  • Minecraft: Lt_Colonel_Fifi

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Surround a chest with Endstone and a new ore like, say, Onyx, and bang, XP Chest.

Make it that way and you have my support.

TobiNano
    TobiNano

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostLt_Colonel_Fifi, on 13 January 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

Surround a chest with Endstone and a new ore like, say, Onyx, and bang, XP Chest.

Make it that way and you have my support.

This crafting recipe is better. Support.

Lt_Colonel_Fifi

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostTobiNano, on 13 January 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

This crafting recipe is better. Support.

Thanks.

Maybe remove the 'new ore' part and replace with Ender Eye? Not sure, but a new ore is pretty long-awaited, even if it's purpose is useless.

Also, add a 200 xp level limit. Makes it even more balanced.

Supercoolguy4

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

View PostLt_Colonel_Fifi, on 13 January 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Thanks.

Maybe remove the 'new ore' part and replace with Ender Eye? Not sure, but a new ore is pretty long-awaited, even if it's purpose is useless.

Sure. That would be cool.

View Postbunivasal, on 13 January 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

I was thinking it would be nice if we could put XP in cauldrons, give them another purpose. That or have a decorative item that saves XP. A chalice? A vase?
That would also work.

View Postgzoom123, on 13 January 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

this is not a big need in the a game but i can see why u think its a good idea i my self porbs take xp for granted
And for that, If I put it on "Small Suggestions" It would probably be overlooked.

SuperPotatoGamer

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

View PostLt_Colonel_Fifi, on 13 January 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Thanks.

well, with the new quartz in the nether, you could change the recipe to have a chest surrounded by quartz or something like that
I have a  Signature

Lt_Colonel_Fifi

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

View PostSuperPotatoGamer, on 14 January 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

well, with the new quartz in the nether, you could change the recipe to have a chest surrounded by quartz or something like that

Well... Have you seen how common Quartz is? It's pretty common, but the End Stone in the recipe balances it..

Yeah, I like that better. Thanks for the suggestion.

pinballboy7
  • Location: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
  • Minecraft: pinballboy7

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

Seems pretty OP.

View PostBadprenup, on 13 January 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

I always though you should be able to fill Bottles of Enchanting by putting a Bottle in a Crafting Table, but at the expense of about 10-25% of the XP you put into it. For example at a 10% cost, using 30 levels on a Bottle of Enchanting would give you 27 levels when you use it. There must be some kind of internal cost to keep it balanced. Otherwise as long as you have whatever the means of storage is you never need to worry about XP when dying again.
Agreed. Why not make that into a suggestion?
Posted Image

View PostHMANCRAFTER, on 17 January 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no...

Lt_Colonel_Fifi

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

View Postpinballboy7, on 14 January 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

Seems pretty OP.

Not if you use my crafting recipe using End Stone and Quartz.

Maybe narrow my 200 level cap to 100? That may solve this problem.

deschutes27
  • Minecraft: deschutes27

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

Well I think your also forgetting about the way XP levels work. at level 16 I believe the xp required starts to grow exponentially. Just throwing that out there as a reminder.

J_Dawg2000

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

People could use this like cheating because as you progress in levels it takes more orbs to fill them. So when you put it in the chest it resets your level therefore making it easier and faster to gain xp.

deschutes27
  • Minecraft: deschutes27

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

View PostJ_Dawg2000, on 14 January 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

People could use this like cheating because as you progress in levels it takes more orbs to fill them. So when you put it in the chest it resets your level therefore making it easier and faster to gain xp.
That is basically what I was saying so perhaps after a certain level it requires more xp before the level in the chest will rise. Example: chest is level 15 and you input 5 levels perhaps the chest will only raise to level 18 instead of level 20.

Lt_Colonel_Fifi

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

View PostJ_Dawg2000, on 14 January 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

View Postdeschutes27, on 14 January 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

That is basically what I was saying so perhaps after a certain level it requires more xp before the level in the chest will rise. Example: chest is level 15 and you input 5 levels perhaps the chest will only raise to level 18 instead of level 20.

What you could do is make it so your current progress toward the next level is not counted as a level. Also, the method would go by whole levels anyway, so half levels will not be affected.

However, you could implement something like '1 ender eye per 5 levels' so it would cost something to store XP.

Badprenup
    Badprenup

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11003 posts
  • Minecraft: Badprenup

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

View Postpinballboy7, on 14 January 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

Agreed. Why not make that into a suggestion?
Been suggested before lol. That was my idea for balancing the original thread's idea.
Looks like my free time is going to be divided equally between Minecraft suggestions and Starbound suggestions from now on.