• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jordancarr

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

EDIT - Shutdown <3 GG

Register or log in to remove.

Jordancarr

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Edit : We are thinking about Using Snapshots? And Also About A Website? what do you guys think?

Roadsguy
    Roadsguy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1158 posts
  • Minecraft: Roadsguy

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

IGN: Roadsguy
Skype Username: roadsguy1 (Roadsguy was taken Posted Image)
Picture of one of your builds (Can be done over Skype or link): Though not finished, my first real "good-looking" build is my temporary base in a mountain in my singleplayer world. I made a massive Cobble castle on another server, but it's down indefinitely.
Time zone: EST (America)
Favorite Block/Item: For use and value, Diamonds. For sheer rarity and rareness value, it'll have to be the Dragon Egg.
Favorite Building Block: Stone Bricks
Favorite Biome: Not sure, probably Extreme Hills
Strengths: I know a lot about how Minecraft works, and I always help out to the best of my ability.
Weaknesses: I'm not a very good aesthetic-designer, or at least I never really thought so. I never did get much of an outside opinion on it though.
Will you be recording the server (Not necessary): Perhaps eventually, but probably not.
Are you respectful ALL the time?: I'm not sure if anybody has ever been respectful all the time, but I always respect the admins and the other players.
Building: 4.5/10
Farming: 8.5/10
Killing Mobs: 9.5/10
Redstone: 7/10
Pranking: 7/10
What makes you better than an average Minecraft Player?: I don't really consider myself "better" than any general player, though I do tend to read up on the technical aspects, or Mojang's spoilers, or just Minecraft history.
Who is your Favorite Mindcracker Player?: Probably Etho, but I haven't watched much of anyone else yet... (You might want to explain what Mindcrack is, since some might not know what it is.)
You have been pranked. What would you do?: I wouldn't get mad, but I'd get back. Such is the way of the Prank Wars. Posted Image
Do you know how to operate a nether hub?: Yeah, I know how it works, though I've never actually used/built one myself. Anyway, build a path or rail line from the hub to a portal to your base. I've watched plenty of Mindcrack videos.
Any additional info about yourself and/or your Minecraft Skill: Not much else that really matters to the application. I know to never dig down, don't hug Creepers, and I know how to not grief, or "accidentally grief" (like a Creeper blowing someone's house up because of you...).

As for the snapshot question, I don't think we should do that. Snapshot servers aren't that common, so people playing this are limited to only a few servers and their single-player world. Not to mention the fact that the snapshots are heavily bug-prone. Besides, waiting for updates builds character. Posted Image

And as for the website, sure! A website would be a great place to post updates in a single place, but keeping this as more of an advertisement thread, and the applications would bump it.
Insert clever signature here.

Roadsguy
    Roadsguy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1158 posts
  • Minecraft: Roadsguy

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

You seriously just randomly shut it down with no advance warning, or any indication that it might be shut down? Posted Image
Insert clever signature here.