• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can you get silk touch on a diamond shovel?

shovel diamond dig digging enchant level 30 silk touch

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Kirby4ever

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

Before I made a diamond shovel and then enchanted it, I read on the wiki that silk touch is tough to get. You need an enchanted book with silk touch for sheers. One part of the wiki said that you can get silk touch on the diamond shovel normally and with luck. I made the shovel and enchanted and it gave me Fortune II (at lease I can get more flint from gravel when I need it), unbrakeing III, and efficiency IV.But no silk touch even though I tried it from level 32. Is there anything that I did wrong or was I miss-leaded by the wiki?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

FinalStrike97
  • Minecraft: FinalStrike97
  • Xbox:FinalStrike97

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

View PostKirby4ever, on 10 January 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

Is there anything that I did wrong or was I miss-leaded by the wiki?
Neither. Enchants are completely random, it could take a few tries before you could get silk touch.
i5 4670k l Noctua NH-D14 l Asus Gryphon Z87 Micro ATX l Corsair Vengeance 8GB l Seagate Barracuda 1TB l GTX 660 l Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl l Seasonic M12ll 620W l

Kirby4ever

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostFinalStrike97, on 10 January 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

Neither. Enchants are completely random, it could take a few tries before you could get silk touch.

Thanks, I only have 6 diamonds left, so I can try again when I have more. I don't want to waste the diamonds since I'm saving it up for full diamond armor.
Posted Image

Abadayos
    Abadayos

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

My advice to get more diamonds faster is to do a branch mine at eye level of 12. Check out the wiki for how to go aboutt his if your unsure. It's also galled grid mining.

As to your topic, it's random so will take a few tried to get what you want, unless you use mods that let you pick which enchant you want (I wouldn't do it personally as I like the randomness of it, though it can be a massive time and diamond saver)

KeenCoyote

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Yes, you can get Silk Touch on a Shovel.

Try enchanting a Book, if you get Silk Touch, make an Anvil and convert the Enchanted book into the Shovel
I'm back on the MCF again!

JTTCOTE2
    JTTCOTE2

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostAkiiuus, on 10 January 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Yes, you can get Silk Touch on a Shovel.

Try enchanting a Book, if you get Silk Touch, make an Anvil and convert the Enchanted book into the Shovel
^ Do not follow this advise. You have a much lower chance of getting silk touch on a book than on a shovel, so it is only useful if you have an enderman farm. Just enchant shovels. It's approximately one chance in five, last time I checked.