52 replies to this topic

rcpowers
    rcpowers

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Minecraft: rcpowers

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

it is the same as the prerelease for 1.4.7 what you could find in mojang homepage

Register or log in to remove.

PoloniumRadon

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

I'm glad this can be considered a minor update. Hopefully that'll not only prevent mods from breaking, but also prevent the inevitable slew of complaint threads about mods being broken. <3
Posted Image
Superpop is so underground, he lives with a Diglett!

Sir_Magic
  • Minecraft: Sir Magic
  • Xbox:TH3 N3RD XD

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Buggy buggy bug fixes! Tra la la la la la!!!!!...

...What no updating mods!, Servers! Yay!

"I still don't have what it takes I must mine further!"

WaveJones
  • Minecraft: WaveJones
  • Xbox:WaveJones

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

Yeeahhh One Point Four Point Seven!

Posted Image

Insertnamr

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Its no 1.5 but ill take it

masterlugia64
  • Minecraft: masterlugia64

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

it's thrusday and there still no 13w02a/03a
^ this post is garbage
Posted Image

5thHorseman
  • Minecraft: 5thHorseman

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

[quote name='masterlugia64' timestamp='1357829172' post='20247738']
it's thrusday and there still no 13w02a/03a
[/quote]

There is actually no guarantee that (or when) a snapshot will come out. It could come out later today, tomorrow, or not at all. I'm sure if they had something releasable, it'd be released.
Posted Image
Did you know I write Science Fiction? Well I do. Check it out at http://planetretcon.com/books/

flanigomik
  • Minecraft: flanigomik

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

[quote name='5thHorseman' timestamp='1357829504' post='20247781']
There is actually no guarantee that (or when) a snapshot will come out. It could come out later today, tomorrow, or not at all. I'm sure if they had something releasable, it'd be released.
[/quote]
normally when a version such as 1.4.7 comes out there is no snapshot. just a pattern i have noticed

daangelo29
  • Minecraft: daangelo29

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

[quote name='OriginOFPain' timestamp='1357777362' post='20240196']
The frequency of updates really shows Mojang's commitment, but I think it is better to condense more content into fewer updates. That  way, mods don't have to update so often.
[/quote]
Actually, you don't have to worry about mods breaking in this update's case. Almost all mods made or updated for 1.4.6 should work with 1.4.7, provided they do not modify the arrow projectile's class (qz.class) which is where all the bug fixes are presumably.

What if they break? Until the official modding API is implemented, it's technically [b]not[/b] Mojang's fault why an unofficial feature is broken by an update. This is the only game community I know so far throughout my whole time of being in the game modding scene that complains about game updates that break hacks or mods. As a matter of fact, I find that Mojang is being [i]too[/i] kind by providing these "pre-releases" so we can update our mods ahead of the update's official release. And we still complain. Come on, guys. This is just plain silly. [img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/steve_eyeroll.gif[/img]
Posted Image

royalsmods
  • Minecraft: royalsmods

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

happy i don`t have too wait for the mods too update

Posted Image

|   Twitter |   youtube  |   minecraft forum acc |    my   website   | mod list |

CreeperDude21
  • Minecraft: ZombieCreeper21

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Bit of a pointless update in my opinion.

HclinCake
  • Minecraft: Hclin

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Aw hell no am I gonna get rid of my mods for some bug fixes!
COMIC SANS :DDDDD!!!!!!1111!!!!!

flanigomik
  • Minecraft: flanigomik

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

[quote name='daangelo29' timestamp='1357842017' post='20250345']
Actually, you don't have to worry about mods breaking in this update's case. Almost all mods made or updated for 1.4.6 should work with 1.4.7, provided they do not modify the arrow projectile's class (qz.class) which is where all the bug fixes are presumably.

What if they break? Until the official modding API is implemented, it's technically [b]not[/b] Mojang's fault why an unofficial feature is broken by an update. This is the only game community I know so far throughout my whole time of being in the game modding scene that complains about game updates that break hacks or mods. As a matter of fact, I find that Mojang is being [i]too[/i] kind by providing these "pre-releases" so we can update our mods ahead of the update's official release. And we still complain. Come on, guys. This is just plain silly. [img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/steve_eyeroll.gif[/img]
[/quote]

exactly what i said but in less words

[quote name='CreeperDude21' timestamp='1357846140' post='20251355']
Bit of a pointless update in my opinion.
[/quote]
[quote name='HclinCake' timestamp='1357846835' post='20251536']
Aw hell no am I gonna get rid of my mods for some bug fixes!
[/quote]
once again... this update does not break mods. and it fixes huge crash bugs. hence not pointless. please read comments before you post.

Alycatchan

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hey,

For whatever reason, after getting this update, I'm not able to do any LAN worlds. I can't see other people's and they can't see mine. We're tried it at different networks but we're still having this issue.

Thanks! :)

Minecraft_Hub

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Now just waiting on 1.5 [img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/mobnotch.png[/img]
Posted Image

firesword277

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

awsome!

LittleMissRarity
  • Minecraft: Handy_Beaver
  • Xbox:N/A

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Gotta love them bug fixes. Can't wait for the next update.
Posted Image

Tiel
    Tiel

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Minecraft: Tiel424

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

I appreciate them having the consideration to not break Minecraft this time around.

HOWEVER.

Even if they were cross-compatible, why in the name of god would you mention the bugs that broke the 1.4.6 servers to begin with? If Bukkit didn't FIX these bugs a full week before Mojang thought about them, I'd be somewhat annoyed. As it is, Vanilla and Modded servers are pretty much boned.

Posted Image

BobEmpires
  • Minecraft: bob1317

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

I'm sad about the size of the update, but I like minecraft being less bugged.

Posted Image

Khebron
    Khebron

Carpenter

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

I have found a problem whit 1.4.7's creativ mod inventory, the mouse butten hold drag blocks(other stuffs) into the action bar dosen't seem to work:
First it dosen't sellect the block I chose propely
second I needed to drag 3-4 times a block to actualy put it into my action bar.
So I feel this should be ramde to what it was in previus versions.
It was so bad for me that i had to put back a 1.4.6 minecraftjar, but that then got a bug : when i die my full game crashes