Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

* * * * * 3 votes

1.4.7 is Now Live!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Sacheverell

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

The 1.4.7 Update is officially live! This patch mostly contains fixes for problems discovered in 1.4.6. Don't forget, if you find any bugs while playing, please report them on the official Minecraft bug tracker!

• Fixed crash related to arrows fired from dispensers
  • Fixed a multiplayer crash when using fireworks without a fireworks star
  • Fixed long timeout when checking SRV records

Your Minecraft client will automatically prompt you to update on start-up. Just accept the prompt, and you're rolling with 1.4.7! Keep in mind, servers and clients running 1.4.6 or 1.4.7 should still be compatible with one-another, so this patch will not shut down your 1.4.6 SMP servers. Be sure to update them when you can, though!

Register or log in to remove.

x_clucky
    x_clucky

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 200 posts
  • Minecraft: x_clucky

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Yay! I don't have to rush to update my server!

Edit: First :D
Enjoy raiding and pvp in highly customizable and well organized groups, but hate the setup of Factions? Then check out my upcoming server containing multiple custom plugins: http://www.RisingColonies.com/

HomieRicky
    HomieRicky

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Yeahhh 1.4.7!! Gotta love bugfixes!

Goodbye...

Ewery1
    Ewery1

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Minecraft: Ewery1

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Good. No server updating for me. Whew...

Chumly409

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

I ran the 1.4.7 pre-release for a couple of nights and had issues with opening chests. Are those types of things to submit to the bug tracker or wait for official releases such as this? I'm guessing Snapshots and PR issues should not be submitted to the tracker or should I?

gigaboo910

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

AAH! So many bug fix updates! anyways, can't wait for 1.5! Its gonna be AWESOME![img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/mobcreeper.png[/img]

HomieRicky
    HomieRicky

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

[quote name='Chumly409' timestamp='1357775191' post='20239530']
I ran the 1.4.7 pre-release for a couple of nights and had issues with opening chests. Are those types of things to submit to the bug tracker or wait for official releases such as this? I'm guessing Snapshots and PR issues should not be submitted to the tracker or should I?
[/quote]

You should've submitted them during the PR/snapshots. Perhaps other people found it and it was fixed in the release. Perhaps not. I think you can still submit it though.

Goodbye...

Spyyderwolf2
  • Location: Stuck in a hole becuse of a mean creeper hating guy. :(
  • Minecraft: spyderwolf2

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image
I AM LORD OF MINECRAFT-Spyderwolf :P :) :D YAZ. P.S Im a creeper ssss...HUG?

TwoFace902
  • Minecraft: TwoFace902
  • Xbox:TwoFace902

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Shouldn't they make 1.5 already? I've never really seen a update get these many small changes, but then again, I joined in beta.
This signature has absolutely no point at all. And then it has a point to inform you that it has no point, but it has no point because it really doesn't have a point, but it has a point because it tells you it has no point... and ah, screw this.

Metzgermeister
  • Minecraft: OriginOFPain

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

The frequency of updates really shows Mojang's commitment, but I think it is better to condense more content into fewer updates. That  way, mods don't have to update so often.

5thHorseman
  • Minecraft: 5thHorseman

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Fireworks or Redstone? Fireworks or Redstone? Fireworks...?

Redstone. I'm staying on 13w01b.
Posted Image
Did you know I write Science Fiction? Well I do. Check it out at http://planetretcon.com/books/

thesanchez

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

keeps crasshing now since i updated same with others who play about 2 mins tell java crashes :(

pocketrocket
  • Minecraft: mikee369

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

I had 13w01b then I updated to 1.4.7. Then I realized that the update did not contain any 1.5 features. Its like a downgrade. Once again I'm downloading the snapshot.

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Bluxar
    Bluxar

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Minecraft: Bluxar

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

Finally the firework bug is fixed :D

flanigomik
  • Minecraft: flanigomik

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

[quote name='TwoFace902' timestamp='1357777253' post='20240163']
Shouldn't they make 1.5 already? I've never really seen a update get these many small changes, but then again, I joined in beta.
[/quote]

they are making 1.5. here is a link to the development
[url="http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history/Development_versions#13w01b"]http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history/Development_versions#13w01b[/url]

[quote name='OriginOFPain' timestamp='1357777362' post='20240196']
The frequency of updates really shows Mojang's commitment, but I think it is better to condense more content into fewer updates. That  way, mods don't have to update so often.
[/quote]

this is true. but is it better to break mods and fix the core? or leave people crashing with no help in sight? and as for this specific update , almost all mods still work as long as they did not modify [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]qz.class (the arrow projectile class)[/font]

[quote name='thesanchez' timestamp='1357778298' post='20240450']
keeps crasshing now since i updated same with others who play about 2 mins tell java crashes [img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png[/img]
[/quote]

these posts are starting to make me insane... telling us the game crashes is about as pointless as a scratch and sniff. unless you give us even a little detail there is not a person on the planet that can help you solve your problem.

[quote name='pocketrocket' timestamp='1357781463' post='20241345']
I had 13w01b then I updated to 1.4.7. Then I realized that the update did not contain any 1.5 features. Its like a downgrade. Once again I'm downloading the snapshot.
[/quote]

of coarse not. think of any 0.0.x version as simply a fix for the 0.x version. no progress is made except repairing an issue. in this case a bug with arrows and dispencsrse

LiLChris
    LiLChris

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • Minecraft: LiLChris06

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

Not having to update the server is my fav part. :D

Never had a firework crash issue afaik, but good to know its been fixed.

Talent3
    Talent3

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

I expect that snapshot tomorrow.
If my post helped you in anyway, or made you smile or share a quote of some sort, please click that cool ^ button.

XxBoonexX

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Good update, glad its compatible with 1.4.6. Although larger updates less often would be much better then so many small updates.

mastertygon
  • Minecraft: Lordtygon

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

I don't like that they did not add the items from the snapshot, but I know they will in 1.5, so I am eager to see them in the offical game. I have plans for the hopper and the redstone block [img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png[/img]
Posted Image

Yoshi
    Yoshi

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3261 posts
  • Minecraft: Ladida12345

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

Minecraft keeps getting better and better [img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png[/img]

Hope 1.5 comes out soon