• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

I need cows

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Slaytanic093

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Well, some time ago I have started my SSP world. I've built a big ship, giant crops, and all that stuff people usually do. Next to my house there was a lot of Cows and some Sheep (I live in Extreme Hills) I put some Sheep in a fence square and left the cows alone. In the other day I needed a lot of leather (for bookshelves) and killed all the cows i could see. The problem is:With minecraft breed mechanics the sheep that were in the fence started to assign the biome as a biome where sheep spawn (I'm not sure if that is right) and they started to spawn everywhere.
Since then i can't find any cows, and since i like in a big island in the middle of the ocean it would be hard to bring them to my land from other place. Should i kill the sheep or definitely go look somewhere else for the cows?

Posted Image

Spoiler: Notice

Register or log in to remove.

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

If you're playing the most recent version then go elsewhere to find cows, killing the sheep would likely only leave you with no animals at all.  Passive animals spawn very rarely and if you're in an ocean biome they don't at all.  You should have bred your cows Mr. Slay
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..

Slaytanic093

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

View Postrodabon, on 09 January 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

If you're playing the most recent version then go elsewhere to find cows, killing the sheep would likely only leave you with no animals at all.  Passive animals spawn very rarely and if you're in an ocean biome they don't at all.  You should have bred your cows Mr. Slay

I've generated this world in 1.3.2, and yes I should have bred them but they have always used to respawn so i though they would so the same. For some reason they haven't ^^

Posted Image

TeamCarbon

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Sounds like you're going to have yourself a little challenge bringing those cows home.
Posted Image
Our servers are hosted by BeastNode. Servers start at $4.99!

Sirsir94
  • Minecraft: Sirsir94

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

nether portal? if you can find cows within a hundred blocks or so, just bring a portal with you and put em in. unless your still in 1.3.2. just make sure your portal is fully sealed. if its not far away they should come back in your main portal.
Click the egg to see something cool!
Posted Image

sirrockyqo
  • Minecraft: Sirrockyqo
  • Xbox:Sirrockyqo

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

Dummy.
Dont kill all of them.
Leave the Babies.

user_837235

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

Just go out far and find atleast 2 cows. You can breed them with wheat, so you can get allot fast.

wilum1
    wilum1

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 801 posts
  • Minecraft: wilum1

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

as said, go find more cows and don't kill them all this time. I spent 2 games days leading some Mooshrooms across an ocean to get them home, so it can be done.

KeenCoyote

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Go generate some new chunks and use Wheat to bring them to your base.
I'm back on the MCF again!

FeatherGuy

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

When I first played Minecraft my problem was that I never found any sheep. I wandered so far I pass through more than half a dozen biomes in every direction of my home and yet there was no sheep. I could only kill spiders for my bed. =(

And like wetermen said, go find 2 cows and mate them together. In my current and most largest world, my cow farm started with only 3 cows and I mated them together and together until my current cow population is 713. I kill more than a dozen each day but I always mate them more than I can kill. =)

MMWong
    MMWong

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 472 posts
  • Minecraft: MMWong

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Try to build a gigantic grass land and w/ torches, and all kinds of animals will spawn. At least that works for me. :P

If you thought my comment was good/useful, a vote of reputation would be very much appreciated!

JTTCOTE2
    JTTCOTE2

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostFeatherGuy, on 10 January 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

When I first played Minecraft my problem was that I never found any sheep. I wandered so far I pass through more than half a dozen biomes in every direction of my home and yet there was no sheep. I could only kill spiders for my bed. =(

And like wetermen said, go find 2 cows and mate them together. In my current and most largest world, my cow farm started with only 3 cows and I mated them together and together until my current cow population is 713. I kill more than a dozen each day but I always mate them more than I can kill. =)
Holy cow, did you rent NASA's computer? 700 cows?
          ^ see what I did there

OT: In 1.3.2 they had the exact same respawn rules as in 1.4.whateverMojangisuptonow. There is also no such thing as sheep causing an area to become a sheep spawning biome - you simply had it spawn a lot of sheep. Either venture around, or wait for ages and hope some cows spawn. I would suggest adventuring.

Slaytanic093

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Indeed, In a multiplayer world I have a farm with all kind of passive mobs and crops. I've killed all of them because they always used to respawn when I did so. Anyways, I've seen a piece of land to the North of my kingdom. Let me be guided by the notch in this adventure xD
Thanks for the answers.

Posted Image

Nimbull
    Nimbull

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1188 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Secured nether portal or dig a really long sealed tunnel under the ocean. Option one is easier, option 2 is richer in the long run for raw materials.
Posted Image

Shiftyhead
    Shiftyhead

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1183 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Did you kill all the cows?
Posted Image
See

Slaytanic093

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Done. After traveling to the Unknown Northern lands I've bring a couple of cows to my place. I've got the leather and did the last bookshelf needed to my enchantment room, on the top of my mage tower. It seems i was rewarded for my adventure with a Fortune II Diamond Pickaxe!

Posted Image