• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

peaty91
    peaty91

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

i added the repo siris but i cant find clutch.

Register or log in to remove.

qlpc
    qlpc

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Minecraft: qlpc
  • Xbox:PSN: qlp1

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Very good tutorial!

Could you do an tutorial on how go get iMCPEdit to work on iOS 6.1?
- qlpc

Chimeratech
  • Minecraft: Chimera_Tech

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

View Postqlpc, on 08 February 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

Very good tutorial!

Could you do an tutorial on how go get iMCPEdit to work on iOS 6.1?
If I knew, I had it working then it stopped. I might look into getting it to work again. It works for some people which is a good sign. If it takes coding then odds are I won't be able to fix it

Posted Image

qlpc
    qlpc

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostChimeratech, on 08 February 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

If I knew, I had it working then it stopped. I might look into getting it to work again. It works for some people which is a good sign. If it takes coding then odds are I won't be able to fix it

Thanks!

I hope you will get it to work
- qlpc

_iAmPower
  • Minecraft: FSJAL9000

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Had a little trouble in the beginning, but I figured out what I did wrong. Nice tut, really helped me out. :)

ThunderBow98
  • Minecraft: ThunderBow98

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Please help! After doing EVERYTHING, (and yes I have Clutch and ldone installed too) it still didn't work (as in the app would crash when I loaded a world with a mod patched). So I tried doing the whole process over again.
When I go to terminal, I typed in "su" (obviously without the quotes) and tapped enter. Then it asked for the password, which is alpine. After that I typed in "clutch minecraftpe" (again with no quotes). This is the error message that came up:
Cracking minecraftpe...
error: Cannot crack thin binary.
error Could not crack binary
Failed.
Daniels-iPod:/var/mobile root#:

That is what showed up after I typed clutch minecraftpe. Can you please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong!? Thanks!

Posted Image

Chimeratech

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostThunderBow98, on 09 February 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Please help! After doing EVERYTHING, (and yes I have Clutch and ldone installed too) it still didn't work (as in the app would crash when I loaded a world with a mod patched). So I tried doing the whole process over again.
When I go to terminal, I typed in "su" (obviously without the quotes) and tapped enter. Then it asked for the password, which is alpine. After that I typed in "clutch minecraftpe" (again with no quotes). This is the error message that came up:
Cracking minecraftpe...
error: Cannot crack thin binary.
error Could not crack binary
Failed.
Daniels-iPod:/var/mobile root#:

That is what showed up after I typed clutch minecraftpe. Can you please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong!? Thanks!
Did you reinstall MCPE? Because if not it can't decrypt an already decrypted app.

Posted Image

ThunderBow98

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostChimeratech, on 09 February 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

Did you reinstall MCPE? Because if not it can't decrypt an already decrypted app.
Wouldn't that remove all my worlds? If so, should I back them up?

Posted Image

Chimeratech

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostThunderBow98, on 09 February 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Wouldn't that remove all my worlds? If so, should I back them up?
Yes and Yes

Posted Image

ThunderBow98

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostChimeratech, on 09 February 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Yes and Yes

Ok so none of that worked so I'm going to say EXACTLY what I did. Maybe you can figure it out.
0. **BEFORE I TRIED DECRYPTING THE APP FOR THE FIRST TIME** I went to Cydia and got ldone, Clutch, iFile, and MCPE Decrypt all from the Siris source.
1. I failed at this the first time so I tried it again by uninstalling MCPE and re-installing it.
2. I opened up terminal and entered the "su" then "alpine" then "clutch minecraftpe"
3. It extracted everything (I know that step worked... i think)
4. I opened up iFile and went to /var/root/documents/Cracked/
5. There, in the Cracked folder, NOT under the Payload folder, I found Minecraft PE-v0.6.1.0.ipa
6. I tapped the little arrow to the right of the file and opened up "File Attributes". I then renamed the file extension from .ipa to .zip (Which was completed successfully)
7. I then long pressed the .zip file I created and tapped Unarchive.
8. I opened the Payload folder, found the minecraftpe.app folder, and searched through it for the specific file you had asked for. (minecraftpe with no file extension)
9. I tapped "Edit" on the top right and selected the file. Then I copied it to the Clipboard
10. I went all the way back to the /var folder and tapped mobile and made my way to the minecraftpe.app folder.
11. I tapped the minecraftpe.app folder, tapped "Edit" and pasted the copied file. A notification popped up saying "The file minecraftpe exists in this directory. Do you want to rename it or overwrite it?" I tapped Overwrite and pasted the file. I tapped "Done", exited out of the app, loaded up the patcher, patched the mod I wanted (Smooth Shader Mod).
12. I loaded up MCPE, created a world, and............ *wait for it*......The screen turned a dark-blueish color and the app crashed!

This is literally word for word what I did. I followed the exact instructions you gave. Not sure if I'm doing something crucial incorrectly or maybe the app just hates me :P either way can you solve my problem with what I showed here? If not then I can always make a screen recording, put it on YouTube and see if you can find out what I'm doing incorrectly from there. Thanks!

View PostChimeratech, on 09 February 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Yes and Yes
When I said "None of that worked" I meant that I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and tried again. Just to make that a little clearer for you.

Posted Image

Chimeratech

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostThunderBow98, on 09 February 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

~snip~
Everything you did is correct, are you sure that the mod itself is updated to 0.6.1 though?

Posted Image

ThunderBow98

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostChimeratech, on 09 February 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Everything you did is correct, are you sure that the mod itself is updated to 0.6.1 though?
Yes its the Smooth Shader mod by Jocopa3 ported to 0.6.1 by darkfurry5. Not sure why it doesn't work. If I set it to "Normal" instead of "Patched" the game functions properly. If I have it set to "Patched" then the app crashes.

View PostThunderBow98, on 09 February 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Yes its the Smooth Shader mod by Jocopa3 ported to 0.6.1 by darkfurry5. Not sure why it doesn't work. If I set it to "Normal" instead of "Patched" the game functions properly. If I have it set to "Patched" then the app crashes.
Scratch that.... even if I unpatch the mod the app STILL crashes. Idk whats wrong so I'm probably going to make a video of me decrypting the app and installing mods so just give me a bit so I can create and post the video.

Posted Image

qlpc
    qlpc

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostChimeratech, on 08 January 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

3)Once this is done the file is stored in /var/root/cracked, go there now with iFile/MyFile/iExporer/iFunBox/etc...

You need to change this to /var/root/documents/cracked
- qlpc

WoolDude

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

this should get moved and pinned in the mod section
Posted Image
My MCPE Mods for iOS can be found here

Chimeratech

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostWoolDude, on 20 February 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

this should get moved and pinned in the mod section
I would be ok with that but it is not my decision to make

Posted Image

Girl_Gamer4096
  • Xbox:katniss4096

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

does anyone know how to install maps and mods without a jailbreak??
Posted Image

Ender
    Ender

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3399 posts
  • Minecraft: ParagonKootra
  • Xbox:cookie monster

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostGirl_Gamer4096, on 21 February 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

does anyone know how to install maps and mods without a jailbreak??
Please post this in the Questions and Answers Pinned topic. And I would need more information such as iOS.
http://m.freemyapps....re/url/55e1e64b Click there please! It's a great way to get free amazon cards iTunes cards and MORE! Thanks for clicking! Also Get a Pocket Realms server with an iTunes card! Thank you :)
Posted Image

Rocka55
    Rocka55

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

You've done a great job
Posted Image

Stormius

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Nice tutorial, chimera! Btw, how to delete mods? Plzz tell me!

"Super tutorial".

Posted Image
HEY GUYS STORM HERE! "I Really like Historys, its EPIC!" TODAY IM GONNA SHOW YOU...

Chimeratech

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostStormius, on 05 March 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

Nice tutorial, chimera! Btw, how to delete mods? Plzz tell me!

"Super tutorial".
Make sure the mod is unpatched, and then swipe the mod name to the left. A little delete button will appear

Posted Image