First, you must verify that the laws of physics in your particular corner of the galaxy will support the use of your creativity. You can check this by temporarily removing the fourth wall and installing the following mod to your minecraft folder:
It's compatible with IC2 and Universal Electricity, and in fact at least one of those is recommended so you can recharge the darn things. (Note that UE or IC2 will make the component costs roughly 8.74x more difficult to acquire. GregTech recipes are estimated to be 376x harder.)
Once you have performed the necessary applications of metaphysics, it's time to get down to the physics.
Recipes are now hosted on a separate page because all the views were sucking my bandwidth really fast O_O
IRC: #mps on EsperNet
1) Since people can't seem to be bothered with reading the todo list or even the modules that are already in the game: if you post a suggestion, please be willing to implement it yourself. The todo list is long enough as it is and if your ideas aren't on there already it's probably because they are already available as client mods, or they are not that different from functionality that is already there. It's probably not because your ideas are totally original and mind-blowing.
2) Don't post bugs; first double-check here to see if they haven't already been fixed in the latest build, and if not, put them here
3) Don't post questions that are answered in the FAQ (and especially don't post them to the bug tracker)
4) Don't post 'OP!' or ask for cheaper/more expensive recipes.
5) No I will not teach you Java or OpenGL, and don't PM me asking me to debug your code. If you're learning Java, post in ##Java on Freenode irc. If you already know Java and are learning about Forge, post in #minecraftforge on Espernet. I love teaching but programming isn't a simple thing that I can just explain off the top of my head for free to someone I've never even met before. It takes a lot of time and effort on your part and there are tons of good tutorials and guides out there.
6) Yes you can use this in your own modpack, don't PM me just to ask permission.