Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

~0.10.0-92~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits - updated for 1.6.4!


  • Please log in to reply
1910 replies to this topic

#141

watermelonpizza

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostLord_vastrix, on 31 January 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

Hmmm, i'm not able to charge any of the Armour or the tool in my mfsu Posted Image
Make sure you have the latest IC2 dev build. http://ic2api.player....115.211-lf.jar It is stated in the first post that it's something to do with the new way IC2 handles power or something.

Register or log in to remove.

#142

alfieq
    alfieq

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • Location: Grand Shipyard
  • Minecraft: alfieq

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

Very nice work of mechanicals suits. May I give you one suggestion?
Click spoiler to look.
Spoiler:

Recon Plane inbound! This plane can armed with 1 large bomb-load missile, frontal heavy machine guns and backside support machine guns.

Posted Image

#143

KremeChoco

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

What's your stance on modpacks? Private modpacks?

#144

nukularpower

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

This looks really awesome.  Your GUIs are very pretty, in particular.  My only problem is that it seems even more overpowered than a quantum suit - once you get the high tier batteries, power concerns are out the window.  IMO, it would be a lot of fun to have on a server, especially for PvP, if there was at least a config option to have highly tinkered modules use exponentially more power, so you could get a few quick bursts, but then you'd be stuck (even better with some kind of power-gen/heat management.)  It seems a little strange to me that power consumption is just a flat line - some kind of logarithmic scale seems like it would be more logical.  But great work so far, and looking forward to updates!

Posted Image


#145

Snowsongwolf
  • Location: Minnesota

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

I have an idea, partly based on Iron Man and partly based on an AubreTec Second Life item.  How about a scanner interface that shows information on things you point at within a certain range?  For example, you could see another player's hunger, life, experience, level, and armor level?  And perhaps for an ore scanner, a holographic display (this sounds complicated so I don't expect it to be implemented) that can show, say, a 3x3x3 area in front of you with transparent blocks so you can get some idea of what they are.

I think adding some animation to the tinker table would be neat too.  Maybe something like the workbenches or shops in Dead Space 2 (haven't played 1 but might be similar)?

Lastly the interface seems just a little flat/dark to me.  The Photoshopist in me says to use a semi-transparent background on normal blend and the interface in front in additive blend mode perhaps?

From the little I've tried it so far, I love the mod.  Can't wait to set up some sort of air drop glider techno ninja thing for fun.
- Snowsongwolf

"You're going to go with steel?"  "As opposed to... tapioca?" - Weaponmasters, katana episode

#146

BlueXestos

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostMachineMuse, on 31 January 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

Are you sure that's in any way related to my mod? It says "denoflionsx.PluginsforForestry"...

As for stuttering, how do you mean? Framerate? Or like 'rubber-banding' ie. being moved back to where you were before?

Lool oops i just noticed that I skimmed since it only happened after I installed your mod. As for stuttering i mean every now and then the game hangs for 3 seconds and by everyone now and then i mean if im running and ever 5 to 30 seconds if its fully upgraded.
IM NOT BLUE XEPHOS I ACCIDENTLY NAMED MY SELF CLOSE... I DIDENT KNOW XEPHOS EXISTED UNTIL LATER IN MY ACCOUNT (i honestly dident know some one with 2 letters off from me existed when i started my account.).

#147

MachineMuse
  • Location: Edmonton, Canada

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

View Postalfieq, on 31 January 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

Very nice work of mechanicals suits. May I give you one suggestion?
Click spoiler to look.
Spoiler:
For PVP weakness, gregtech's anti-electric weapon and ICBM's EMP rockets should both drain the suit pretty fast if not in one go, and also keep in mind a full-power energy shield drains 2kJ per point of damage.

Besides, the maximum damage reduction is 96%, which is less than the quantum suit (100%).

Also, maybe I just don't understand pvpers but, how is it unfair or OP if both players have access to it?

I do intend to rework the weight system soon.

View PostSnowsongwolf, on 31 January 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

I have an idea, partly based on Iron Man and partly based on an AubreTec Second Life item.  How about a scanner interface that shows information on things you point at within a certain range?  For example, you could see another player's hunger, life, experience, level, and armor level?  And perhaps for an ore scanner, a holographic display (this sounds complicated so I don't expect it to be implemented) that can show, say, a 3x3x3 area in front of you with transparent blocks so you can get some idea of what they are.

I think adding some animation to the tinker table would be neat too.  Maybe something like the workbenches or shops in Dead Space 2 (haven't played 1 but might be similar)?

Lastly the interface seems just a little flat/dark to me.  The Photoshopist in me says to use a semi-transparent background on normal blend and the interface in front in additive blend mode perhaps?

From the little I've tried it so far, I love the mod.  Can't wait to set up some sort of air drop glider techno ninja thing for fun.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean since I don't use Photoshop, but I think what you are saying is already a thing if you turn on Fancy graphics. A lot of graphics cards apparently can't handle real-time alpha-blending, which is why I have it set so Fast graphics turns that off.

As for your suggestions: animations in the tinker table are something I've had in mind for a while now. I will probably implement it at some point. The HUD ideas are really good too :)
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

#148

Cephast
    Cephast

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Hi there, MachineMuse!!!

I want to say that I absolutely love your mod. It's a very cool idea with an awesome implementation. Congrats on that and good luck ahead!!!

The thing that I wanted to point out, if it hasn't already ( if yes, then my apologies), is that I recommend making the recipes more expensive. Overall making the modules more expensive.

I know this aspect will be handled in the "balance" part of your development, but I felt the need to say it, because, having such a vast area of "customization" and an inter-mod-connection between multiple tech mods makes stepping in an "overpowered" mod pretty easy.

This comes from the fact that I view your mod like an "upgraded-merged-version" of the energy-based tools and armor from IC2, and other IC2-based mods. For example, the suit legs and boots makes me dump IC2 quantum armor, because it pretty much does the same, and at a lower cost.

I haven't thought of an idea to come with this post, but I will be back with one. :) Just for your inspiration, because I saw some of your ideas and I know you have a bigger picture for all of this.

Cheers! :)

#149

MachineMuse
  • Location: Edmonton, Canada

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostCephast, on 31 January 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Hi there, MachineMuse!!!

I want to say that I absolutely love your mod. It's a very cool idea with an awesome implementation. Congrats on that and good luck ahead!!!

The thing that I wanted to point out, if it hasn't already ( if yes, then my apologies), is that I recommend making the recipes more expensive. Overall making the modules more expensive.

I know this aspect will be handled in the "balance" part of your development, but I felt the need to say it, because, having such a vast area of "customization" and an inter-mod-connection between multiple tech mods makes stepping in an "overpowered" mod pretty easy.

This comes from the fact that I view your mod like an "upgraded-merged-version" of the energy-based tools and armor from IC2, and other IC2-based mods. For example, the suit legs and boots makes me dump IC2 quantum armor, because it pretty much does the same, and at a lower cost.

I haven't thought of an idea to come with this post, but I will be back with one. :) Just for your inspiration, because I saw some of your ideas and I know you have a bigger picture for all of this.

Cheers! :)
If you want harder recipes, I recommend installing Gregtech. Alternatively, try actually playing with the mod :)

View PostKremeChoco, on 31 January 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

What's your stance on modpacks? Private modpacks?
BSD license
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

#150

minevova
  • Minecraft: minevova

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

MachineMuse you did One! of the best Mods i have ever seen it's just amazing i cant believe that it can be done in minecraft Good jobs really.



Edit: maybe ask the FTB to add your mod there? it will be amazing with all the other mods.

#151

BlueXestos

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Yeah I have a conflict making me crash upon going to the creative mode tab. Can you please add an option to turn off the Tab for Creative mode? So you can try it your self if you want to fix it its Forestry Plugins http://www.minecraft...ki-now-updated/
IM NOT BLUE XEPHOS I ACCIDENTLY NAMED MY SELF CLOSE... I DIDENT KNOW XEPHOS EXISTED UNTIL LATER IN MY ACCOUNT (i honestly dident know some one with 2 letters off from me existed when i started my account.).

#152

MachineMuse
  • Location: Edmonton, Canada

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

View Postminevova, on 31 January 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

MachineMuse you did One! of the best Mods i have ever seen it's just amazing i cant believe that it can be done in minecraft Good jobs really.



Edit: maybe ask the FTB to add your mod there? it will be amazing with all the other mods.
There has been some talk of that but there is also talk that it's too similar to Xycraft's gauntlet and FTB doesn't like repeating functionality. So for now it'll just be in Tekkit Lite and Voltz :)
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

#153

WTFFFS
    WTFFFS

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostMachineMuse, on 31 January 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

There has been some talk of that but some people are saying it's too similar to Xycraft's gauntlet and FTB doesn't like repeating functionality. So for now it'll just be in Tekkit Lite and Voltz Posted Image
There is a major difference, yours is usable :D

#154

MachineMuse
  • Location: Edmonton, Canada

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Night Vision goggles seem to be working in the experimental build if anyone wants to test them out :) I can't seem to get the sparkles to go away unfortunately.
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

#155

carcher5432

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Suggestion for armor(all pieces) module: Similar to armor invisibility, but cloak player as well, so that one can pass unseen (maybe just add invisibility potion effect without potion particle effects?) Maybe a similar module for the tool, so that you can hold it and still be unseen.

#156

ldog
    ldog

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostMachineMuse, on 31 January 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

That's actually an insanely good idea and would provide a huge amount of inventory management reduction for very little effort on my part. I still have to code in a mode-switching system but once that's done I'll try and get this to work ASAP. There'll probably be a whole host of bugs and weirdness, but that's why we're in alpha, right? Posted Image

Thanks for all the other suggestions too Posted Image

Omnitool addon would be the way to go if King Lemming is cool with it (I'm pretty sure he would be).

#157

Cephast
    Cephast

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

I have actually played your mod. Posted Image

But I have to admit that I didn't had GregTech installed when I tested the powersuit recipes and neither did I check the site recipe list, where there is a column dedicated to GregTech. It was something like : "love on first sight = instant download".

Anyway, I tested them in conjunction and I must say that it's cool and hard Posted Image .

But I have an idea on how the power suit and quantum suit could be merged, either with or without GregTech. I thought of something. First, before anything else, invert your energy configuration so that power suite "joule" needs more IC2 (reversing the 50:1 ratio for instance), making it an moderate-to-expensive form of IC2 energy that only the suits use.

Next up, include the qsuit piece in the corresponding power-suit piece recipe and thus craft a version of it , which has "unstable" module versions of the qsuit piece features, that are linked to a one-time-use-battery module. After the charge is gone, the modules dissapears. The charge would be equal to the  converted-EU stored in the qsuit piece used in the recipe.

So for example, when making the Power Armor Head, you will use a QSuit Helmet (charged with 500,000EU e.g). So, you will get a PAHead with the following modules :
1) unstable-Water Electrolyzer
2) unstable-Feeder ?
3) unstable-battery (with a charge of 50 kj -> convertion ratio of 10 EU: 1 joule -> 500,000EU=50,000j=50kj. )

Just an idea. What do you think?

#158

MachineMuse
  • Location: Edmonton, Canada

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

View Postcarcher5432, on 31 January 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

Suggestion for armor(all pieces) module: Similar to armor invisibility, but cloak player as well, so that one can pass unseen (maybe just add invisibility potion effect without potion particle effects?) Maybe a similar module for the tool, so that you can hold it and still be unseen.
I actually just got this to work along with the night vision  :D  You can download it from Jenkins right now. I'm not going to add it to the tool yet because that would be a teensy bit unbeatable and not make that much sense either (charge a plasma bolt without being seen? O.o) but if I get around to sound effects, that might happen.

View Postldog, on 31 January 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Omnitool addon would be the way to go if King Lemming is cool with it (I'm pretty sure he would be).
Yeah, KL is really cool and great to work with :) ThermEx integration in development~

View PostCephast, on 31 January 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

I have actually played your mod. Posted Image

But I have to admit that I didn't had GregTech installed when I tested the powersuit recipes and neither did I check the site recipe list, where there is a column dedicated to GregTech. It was something like : "love on first sight = instant download".

Anyway, I tested them in conjunction and I must say that it's cool and hard Posted Image .

But I still think the power suit and quantum suit need to be merged somehow, either with or without GregTech. I thought of something. First, before anything else, invert your energy configuration so that power suite "joule" needs more IC2 (reversing the 50:1 ratio), making it an moderate-to-expensive form of IC2 energy that only the suits use.

Next up, include the qsuit piece in the corresponding power-suit piece recipe and thus craft a version of it , which has "unstable" module versions of the qsuit piece features, that are linked to a one-time-use-battery module. After the charge is gone, the modules dissapears. The charge would be equal to the  converted-EU stored in the qsuit piece used in the recipe.

So for example, when making the Power Armor Head, you will use a QSuit Helmet (charged with 500,000EU e.g). So, you will get a PAHead with the following modules :
1) unstable-Water Electrolyzer
2) unstable-Feeder ?
3) unstable-battery (with a charge of 50 kj -> convertion ratio of 10 EU: 1 joule -> 500,000EU=50,000j=50kj. )


Just an idea. What do you think?
The current ratios are based on UE energy which is a little extreme. Don't worry, there are changes to the energy scheme coming :)
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

#159

Chapnik
    Chapnik

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

You should make that lappack can give energy to the tool.

#160

ldog
    ldog

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostMachineMuse, on 31 January 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

I actually just got this to work along with the night vision  Posted Image  You can download it from Jenkins right now.

Yeah KL is really cool and great to work with Posted Image ThermEx recipes in development~

Awesome.

Oh, and my bad on the explosion strength, I didn't realize that was 500 milli-creepers, which is half a creeper, so yeah, the explosion power is about right.