• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

~0.10.0-92~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits - updated for 1.6.4!

• Please log in to reply
1914 replies to this topic

MachineMuse

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

POPULAR

We (royal We) at Inspiration™ Inc. LLC believe that the user is and should be treated as the architect of their own destiny. That is why we have created a Complete Idiot's Guide to powersuit creation.

First, you must verify that the laws of physics in your particular corner of the galaxy will support the use of your creativity. You can check this by temporarily removing the fourth wall and installing the following mod to your minecraft folder:
http://machinemuse.net/
It's compatible with IC2, Thermal Expansion, and Universal Electricity, and in fact at least one of those is recommended so you can recharge the darn things.

Once you have performed the necessary applications of metaphysics, it's time to get down to the physics.

Recipes are completely configurable and are included separately. Instructions are on the Download page!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spotlights:
direwolf20
Spoiler:

AdamzoneTopMarks
Spoiler:

IRC: #numina on EsperNet

Yes you can use this in your own modpack, don't PM me just to ask permission.
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

Register or log in to remove.

YX33A
    YX33A

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 781 posts
  • Minecraft: YX33A

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Yeah, my first thought was "whelp, there goes my desire for a IC2 Q-Suit".  After that my mind was all like Very Nice, How Much?
Two requests:  First off, some sort of fancy pants weapon upgrade for the Power Tool.  Thing looks like it's made for firing lasers.  Or spraying Fire and Shooting out Lightning.

Might I suggest if you do want to add a tesla bolt ish addon for the Power Tool, see if you can convincer ChickenBones to let you base your lightning effects for it off of his(?) lightning emitter for the WRCBE Jammer.  It'd make it easier I'm sure.
"Minecraft is like an orgasm - even science can't describe it"
Posted Image    Posted Image

Cryptonat said:

Snitch said:

Basically you're stuck in hell till you find a portal out. There are alternatives to pig, by the way, as you probably know. :>
There are no alternatives to Bacon. Ever.

MachineMuse

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostYX33A, on 07 January 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Yeah, my first thought was "whelp, there goes my desire for a IC2 Q-Suit".  After that my mind was all like Very Nice, How Much?
Two requests:  First off, some sort of fancy pants weapon upgrade for the Power Tool.  Thing looks like it's made for firing lasers.  Or spraying Fire and Shooting out Lightning.

Might I suggest if you do want to add a tesla bolt ish addon for the Power Tool, see if you can convincer ChickenBones to let you base your lightning effects for it off of his(?) lightning emitter for the WRCBE Jammer.  It'd make it easier I'm sure.
Absolutely! Weapon modules are a high priority right now. I just want to make sure they work as intended.

I fixed a couple of crash cases. It is an alpha after all!

I've also noticed that the armor doesn't quite absorb damage how it's supposed to... I've increased the ratio to 96%, but it still only absorbs about half of incoming damage with 24 points (max-power energy shield on all 4 armor pieces). I'll try and get this fixed tonight. Expect a 0.0.4 soon!

Edit: Done! Apparently the armor calculator multiplies the damage by 25 before checking the max absorption. I'm not sure why that is... anyway, I just multiply the max-absorption by 25 on my end, and it works!
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

MachineMuse

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Updated again! Fixed another crash case and added a Glider module. To use, simply hold space while falling and it will get you moving forward :)

MachineMuse

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

This mod has taken up residence at the Universal Electricity website for now.

http://www.universal...ular_powersuits

Lots of updates rolling out there!

oORandomGamerOo

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Always wanted a mod like this.I like how you already have already planned additions for compatibility with other mods.Great job so far, and I hope you keep up the good work!

MachineMuse

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

IC2 support has been added, along with a whole slough of modules since the last time I posted in this thread.

AnonTheMouse

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

I hate to use the popular meme, but it's apropos in this case.

Posted Image

Really, though, this is quite lovely. Someone mentioned the Quantum Suit, though, and that reminds me of something. Perhaps you could add to the armour some sort of medical upgrades, to automatically counter potion effects, use healing potions from the inventory, or administers nutrients via intravenous drip (countering hunger loss). That and/or adding in Mystcraft support, so the armour can be upgraded to recognize and protect against some or all instability effects (which otherwise constantly re-apply themselves) would make this a perfect exploration aid for me. Well, that and something that lets you either sneak faster, or not fall off edges (unless you jump off) even when not sneaking.
Check out my 5 Rules of Game Design!
Posted Image

MachineMuse

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostAnonTheMouse, on 16 January 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

I hate to use the popular meme, but it's apropos in this case.

Posted Image

Really, though, this is quite lovely. Someone mentioned the Quantum Suit, though, and that reminds me of something. Perhaps you could add to the armour some sort of medical upgrades, to automatically counter potion effects, use healing potions from the inventory, or administers nutrients via intravenous drip (countering hunger loss). That and/or adding in Mystcraft support, so the armour can be upgraded to recognize and protect against some or all instability effects (which otherwise constantly re-apply themselves) would make this a perfect exploration aid for me. Well, that and something that lets you either sneak faster, or not fall off edges (unless you jump off) even when not sneaking.
These are all really clever suggestions that somehow nobody else has thought of yet (which is getting rarer as time goes by). I'll definitely look into countering instability effects and auto-edge-hugging. Which I should do anyway since I need to make a hazmat module for UE to protect against radiation (which is also a custom potion effect.)

As for the intravenous drip, that's a good compromise between the whole 'mass fabricator makes food directly in your tummy' and nothing. I'll need to work on the in-the-field interface a bit before that becomes a reality, but I'll keep it in mind.

AnonTheMouse

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Perhaps it could take advantage of IC2 compatibility to work off of canned food? That would satisfy both hunger and health regen, IIRC. Anyways, I'm happy if any of my mad ramblings are of help.
Check out my 5 Rules of Game Design!
Posted Image

BoogyWoogyWoo

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Sounds like a great idea! I dont personaly use IC2 or UE so cant wait till BC is compatible becuz hell i miss the Q-suite from IC2 but with BC and its addons it became kinda out dated( imho) so this would def give me something to play around with and to use some of the extra energy that my (2 fusion generators produce) so keep up the good work i can't wait to see how this turns out when it hits beta.
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=48884]Posted Image[/url]

FANS4ever

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Ok been here since the first post and i have to say amazing work bro Posted Image

Edit:

Qestion time Posted Image
1.How do you use the jetpack jetboot thing

Suggestion time Posted Image
1.Make a module that acts as a batpack and for a bigger cost as a lappack for ic2 Posted Image
Edit 2 :
A faster mining module
And a solar helmet module
Forever Protecting Hyrule (Zelda fans unite)
Posted Image

MachineMuse

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostBoogyWoogyWoo, on 16 January 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Sounds like a great idea! I dont personaly use IC2 or UE so cant wait till BC is compatible becuz hell i miss the Q-suite from IC2 but with BC and its addons it became kinda out dated( imho) so this would def give me something to play around with and to use some of the extra energy that my (2 fusion generators produce) so keep up the good work i can't wait to see how this turns out when it hits beta.
BC support will be a little iffier since there's no electric items in that mod (only blocks), but once I get a charging station set up, there'll be a sensible way to integrate it. For now, you can use it with vanilla recipes and use the capacitors as disposable 'batteries'.

View PostFANS4ever, on 17 January 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Ok been here since the first post and i have to say amazing work bro Posted Image

Edit:

Qestion time Posted Image
1.How do you use the jetpack jetboot thing

Jetpack and jetboots are a bit complicated. At 100% thrust, the jetboots will just barely counter gravity (50% for the jetpack). They work using acceleration mitigated by weight, so it's a lot like actual physics. When you hold space, it will direct all your thrust upwards, and space+forward will split the thrust between forward and upwards. You need both to travel forward+upward at the same time.

Suggestion time Posted Image
1.Make a module that acts as a batpack and for a bigger cost as a lappack for ic2 Posted Image
Edit 2 :
A faster mining module
Both of these features already exist. :|

And a solar helmet module
Generators will happen after heat.

FANS4ever

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostMachineMuse, on 17 January 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

BC support will be a little iffier since there's no electric items in that mod (only blocks), but once I get a charging station set up, there'll be a sensible way to integrate it. For now, you can use it with vanilla recipes and use the capacitors as disposable 'batteries'.

Jetpack and jetboots are a bit complicated. At 100% thrust, the jetboots will just barely counter gravity (50% for the jetpack). They work using acceleration mitigated by weight, so it's a lot like actual physics. When you hold space, it will direct all your thrust upwards, and space+forward will split the thrust between forward and upwards. You need both to travel forward+upward at the same time.

Both of these features already exist. :|

Generators will happen after heat.

Ok for working as a lappack it doesn't work with gravity suit drills and stuff
Jetpack module doesn't do anything i only jump one block high no items in inv and its only 2kg on the cheastplate ...
Swim assistant module doesn't do anything to
Shock absorber or what the hell is it called doesn't absorb damage or it only absorbs half a hart ...
Sprint assist doesn't do anything...

The tool thing only works as a wooden tool ... (Found the overclock thing make it more obvious so other    --noobs like me don't have the same problem Posted Image)

Suggestion
Make the tool change form with diffrent modules (the pick axe shovel ones) (or maybe it does its just that im having tons of bugs with the mod ...) and make a better looking tool texture cause it looks like a finger and a lazer gun and thats not a pretty combo Posted Image
Posted Image

Teabagger9777
  • Minecraft: teabagger9777

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

I would like to add your mod to my modpack. It's all about science and this would be a great addition to it. Here is a link to the thread.
http://www.minecraft...ce-modpack-wip/

FANS4ever

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

This looks cool :)
Spoiler:

Posted Image

MachineMuse

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostFANS4ever, on 18 January 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Ok for working as a lappack it doesn't work with gravity suit drills and stuff
Jetpack module doesn't do anything i only jump one block high no items in inv and its only 2kg on the cheastplate ...
Swim assistant module doesn't do anything to
Shock absorber or what the hell is it called doesn't absorb damage or it only absorbs half a hart ...
Sprint assist doesn't do anything...

The tool thing only works as a wooden tool ... (Found the overclock thing make it more obvious so other       --noobs like me don't have the same problem Posted Image)
It's a huge window that takes up 1/4 of the screen and is written in huge text compared to the rest of it. idk how to make it more obvious than that.

Suggestion
Make the tool change form with diffrent modules (the pick axe shovel ones) (or maybe it does its just that im having tons of bugs with the mod ...) and make a better looking tool texture cause it looks like a finger and a lazer gun and thats not a pretty combo Posted Image
from the OP:
Todo
Custom models for the tool and armors.

View PostTeabagger9777, on 18 January 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

I would like to add your mod to my modpack. It's all about science and this would be a great addition to it. Here is a link to the thread.
http://www.minecraft...ce-modpack-wip/
From the OP: I don't really care what you do with it. Decompile it, put it in a modpack, host a mirror of it, feed it to your children, whatever, but please don't distribute a malware-infested derivative because that would be mean.

You kids need to learn to read.

MachineMuse

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Update 0.1.41 is up! Better tooltips and a custom model for the tool:

Posted Image

Also fixed the sprint assist food compensation and added same to the jump assist.

FANS4ever

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostMachineMuse, on 19 January 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

Update 0.1.41 is up! Better tooltips and a custom model for the icon:

Posted Image

Also fixed the sprint assist food compensation and added same to the jump assist.

Wow looks cool :)
Posted Image

FANS4ever

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Srry for double post but getting an error something buged in the code i some recipe
Spoiler:

Posted Image