• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to get mods on xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

AshLuvsPokemon

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hi, my kids are wanting to know how to get mods on xbox 360.  Can anyone help?  I'm clueless....

Do you have to download game on computer first?  Do I have to actually buy it on the computer if I already bought it on the xbox?

Please help!!!

Thanks!!

Register or log in to remove.

Biiim
    Biiim

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Umm... As far that i know, there is no mods for Xbox Minecraft.

The mods of this forum are only for PC edition of the game.
"Love as a principle and order as the basis; progress as the goal"

charsmud
    charsmud

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1881 posts
  • Minecraft: Charsmud

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

I do not think it is allowed by the xBox creators.  It would be breaking their TOS, and I don't think anyone's made any public ones yet because of this.
Posted Image

Kovu
    Kovu

Memory Returned

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 5325 posts
  • Minecraft: Rainfur

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

No, you cannot. It breaks Microsoft's ToS, and can get your account suspended.
Posted Image

awesomelycam711

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Also Computers are open source meaning you can access folders, create new ones, donwload things, and open up the minecraft.jar which you can't do on xBox.
Posted Image

AshLuvsPokemon

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Thanks all!

Angryrd53

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

ok so you want to get mods on xbox all u nhave to do is just download an xbox minecraft mod likst on ur PC then send it to your xbox it simple

Fixided
    Fixided

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1578 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:56 AM

View PostAngryrd53, on 20 February 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

ok so you want to get mods on xbox all u nhave to do is just download an xbox minecraft mod likst on ur PC then send it to your xbox it simple
Wow! replying to a 1 year old Topic?
And giving out wrong information?

Sad....

PS: If my posts are offensive, it's probably sarcasm.

Posted Image

SinisterBro

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostAngryrd53, on 20 February 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

You are stupid on so many levels.
Son, I am disapoint

Dr_Zombie4

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

View PostFixided, on 21 February 2014 - 03:56 AM, said:

Wow! replying to a 1 year old Topic?
And giving out wrong information?

Sad....
and there's also the fact that it's his only post....lol
Posted Image

Posted Image

IcyWolf128
  • Minecraft: MindMadz8
  • Xbox:IcyWolf128

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

There are no mods on XBox if you try to get one it will be dangerous to your XBOx

Ele2000
    Ele2000

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Minecraft: bigboom156
  • Xbox:ele20002

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostIcyWolf128, on 03 March 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

There are no mods on XBox if you try to get one it will be dangerous to your XBOx
It wouldn't be dangerous if it was developed for that specific purpose unless someone attached a virus

EliteCreature
  • Minecraft: EliteCreature

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

It's not dangerous because of viruses. It is dangerous because it can get your account banned. You could play SSP (or even Split Screen) without worry. When you are online, however, that is a different issue.

The Xbox online Network sends stability packets (like any digital network) to make sure the client side (in this case, your Xbox) is in sync with the server side (Microsoft servers (most likely)). When there is a mismatch, the server flags your specific client. if you are consistently getting flagged, you stand out like a beacon and will probably get banned. (Seriously, who is going to report somebody for adding content to a Minecraft game?)
[In games like COD, BF, Halo, ect. where there are likely to be many more de-sync errors, moderators look for a combination of both flags and cheating/hacking reports. When those reports match up, that person will (more than likely, be banned)]

I know this topic is over a year old, but why haven't these been said yet?

Minecraft(PC):
  • Is written is Java.
  • Has extensive support for modding
  • Is made up of *nigh* infinite worlds[<- this just illustrates another incompatibility issue]
Minecraft(Xbox/Playstation):
  • is written in C++.
  • Has no support for modding, and updates are HUGE. (making for lots of work to be done when updating mods)
  • is made up of limited worlds (less than 1000 x 1000)[<- this just illustrates another incompatibility issue]

thebaum64
  • Minecraft: thebaum64
  • Xbox:thebaum64x
  • PSN:I Don't Like PSN

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

The only kind of mods for the 360 version is hex editing and it is difficult to do. You need to have some experience with the hex editor. Plus all you can do with it is spawn in special things and get giant mobs.... sometimes make you move/break faster.

Posted Image

Click here for my Modpack!

If I have helped you in anyway or you like what I have posted, Please like my post. Thank you.

jcm2606
    jcm2606

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

View PostEliteCreature, on 06 April 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

It's not dangerous because of viruses. It is dangerous because it can get your account banned. You could play SSP (or even Split Screen) without worry. When you are online, however, that is a different issue. The Xbox online Network sends stability packets (like any digital network) to make sure the client side (in this case, your Xbox) is in sync with the server side (Microsoft servers (most likely)). When there is a mismatch, the server flags your specific client. if you are consistently getting flagged, you stand out like a beacon and will probably get banned. (Seriously, who is going to report somebody for adding content to a Minecraft game?) [In games like COD, BF, Halo, ect. where there are likely to be many more de-sync errors, moderators look for a combination of both flags and cheating/hacking reports. When those reports match up, that person will (more than likely, be banned)] I know this topic is over a year old, but why haven't these been said yet? Minecraft(PC):
  • Is written is Java.
  • Has extensive support for modding
  • Is made up of *nigh* infinite worlds[<- this just illustrates another incompatibility issue]
Minecraft(Xbox/Playstation):
  • is written in C++.
  • Has no support for modding, and updates are HUGE. (making for lots of work to be done when updating mods)
  • is made up of limited worlds (less than 1000 x 1000)[<- this just illustrates another incompatibility issue]
It can be for both. Who knows? Someone might use the assumption that non-tech-savvy people will potentially download their "mod" and install it, but in actual fact the "mod" has a RAT or a logger built in to steal login credentials, leading to account hacking. Or maybe a "mod" has some purposefully malicious code to purposefully potentially break the X360.
Derpin da herp.