• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

New Minecraft Game Mode: Build to Survive!

survival building minecraft

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Rappinator
  • Minecraft: Rappinator

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hello guys! Today I will be suggesting a new game mode called Build To Survive.

In this game mode, you will spawn in a flat world with a limited amount of space. You are given 9 stacks (9 x 64) of wooden planks to build a house/fortress/hideout, then when you're done, you click a [START] button which immediately makes it night so monsters will attack.

BUT! You CANNOT mine, kill mobs, or try to escape the limited amount of space you are given. Doing these actions will end the mode.

You CAN craft things out of wooden planks (Workbench, stairs, fences, sticks, etc.) weapons are allowed, too! But you CANNOT build any other tools (Shovels, Hoes, Pickaxes, Axes)

The difficulty will be set to hard, and you can't fly.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

When you click the [START] button, there will be a timer to keep track of how long you've been alive in that session. If you die, then the world will be reset to it's original seed.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I think this game mode would go GREAT with the Survival, Creative, Adventure, Hardcore, and CTF modes!

Please reply if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Thanks for reading my thread!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

WaveJones
  • Minecraft: WaveJones
  • Xbox:WaveJones

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

I totally get this.
They should also add a Teamwork AI for mobs also new mechanics.. For Example, Creeper blowing up doors so zombies can get in. Skeletons shooting windows so they would break in.

Support.

Posted Image

sam41803
    sam41803

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Minecraft: sam41803
  • Xbox:sam41803

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

I totaly support
Posted Image

EnderBlitz

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

I support. Would love this.
WaveJones' idea is good too, and actually, Hostile Mobs can teamwork without the AI sometimes.
I was once distracted by a zombie and fighting him, I had the upper position on the mountain, and then SURPRISE CREEPER.
So yeah, that is sort of teamwork too.
Teamwork AI for Hostilities would be great.
But the disability to fight sort of bugs me. Sure, it would be very fun to just BUILD to survive, running around like a headless chicken to fix up a window a Skeleton broke, seeing that there's a spider aiming to climb in through it, but I mean, seriously, if it gets added, the ability to at least punch mobs should stay. But it could have some cons, such as punching a spider has a chance of 25% for him to bite you, and you'd feel nauseous, + poisoned health bar (Like Cave Spider bite in Survival), or punching a zombie would have a similar effect at similar chances.

Blitzgrutel

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

VERY good idea!!! Supporting this totally.
Posted Image

WaveJones

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Here are some ideas i would like to add for Build to Survive
Note that these mechanic only work in BtS Gamemode.

Teamwork AI
Every Mob should be corporating with each other. Creepers and Skeletons may hurt each other sometimes, but they should work together aswell! Here are some Examples.
The Distraction AI
Zombies will distract a person to escape from them. Then a skeleton critical hitted him with an arrow, or a Creeper blew up behind the person!
The Destruction AI
Zombies may break doors. But that's not enough. A CREEPER should blow up the door, allowing a bunch of mobs to come in.
The Cannon AI
Indestructable front door? Why don't they have a creeper to LAUNCH THEM INTO YOUR CHIMNEY?
The Roadblock AI
A Zombie chasing you? That's easy. Just Escape. BUT if you built a hallway. That's a bad idea. A Creeper will blow up your wall and roadblocks your way.
The Slingshot AI
I know what  you're shinking, but nope. This AI will make Skeleton to shoot at your window and break it. Good thing to always make 1 block window.

Posted Image

vincent_01

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

If you build a 3x4x3 hollow cube and put yourself inside of it, then you are safe forever. Monsters can't break in. You can set a new time record but just letting your game run. Pure boredom.

In general just use no doors, so zombies don't break in, build a roof to keep spiders out, and build your shelter small enough so monsters don't spawn inside. Then you will be safe. And if you don't want to starve eventually, then you have no choice but just stand still. There is no way to obtain real food right? Well you could eat zombie-flesh, but you are not allowed to kill them yourself. So if you are really into it, you may let some skeletons shoot zombies for you and then eat their flesh. But well why eat? To run around in your dark wood shelter which is limited by building material and do nothing, because you are not allowed to?

Even better, play it in creative as suggested and monsters won't be interested in you at all. Just stand in your limited area and do nothing! Don't forget to set your difficulty on hard though.

EnderBlitz

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostWaveJones, on 05 January 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

Here are some ideas i would like to add for Build to Survive
Note that these mechanic only work in BtS Gamemode.

Teamwork AI
Every Mob should be corporating with each other. Creepers and Skeletons may hurt each other sometimes, but they should work together aswell! Here are some Examples.
The Distraction AI
Zombies will distract a person to escape from them. Then a skeleton critical hitted him with an arrow, or a Creeper blew up behind the person!
The Destruction AI
Zombies may break doors. But that's not enough. A CREEPER should blow up the door, allowing a bunch of mobs to come in.
The Cannon AI
Indestructable front door? Why don't they have a creeper to LAUNCH THEM INTO YOUR CHIMNEY?
The Roadblock AI
A Zombie chasing you? That's easy. Just Escape. BUT if you built a hallway. That's a bad idea. A Creeper will blow up your wall and roadblocks your way.
The Slingshot AI
I know what  you're shinking, but nope. This AI will make Skeleton to shoot at your window and break it. Good thing to always make 1 block window.

I'll take credit for giving you the idea of "The Distraction AI". :P
Good ideas! You should speak to the person who thought of this topic, and inform Dinnerbone or some other dev from Mojang when you get enough popular support. :D

EnderBlitz

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

View Postvincent_01, on 05 January 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

If you build a 3x4x3 hollow cube and put yourself inside of it, then you are safe forever. Monsters can't break in. You can set a new time record but just letting your game run. Pure boredom.

In general just use no doors, so zombies don't break in, build a roof to keep spiders out, and build your shelter small enough so monsters don't spawn inside. Then you will be safe. And if you don't want to starve eventually, then you have no choice but just stand still. There is no way to obtain real food right? Well you could eat zombie-flesh, but you are not allowed to kill them yourself. So if you are really into it, you may let some skeletons shoot zombies for you and then eat their flesh. But well why eat? To run around in your dark wood shelter which is limited by building material and do nothing, because you are not allowed to?

Even better, play it in creative as suggested and monsters won't be interested in you at all. Just stand in your limited area and do nothing! Don't forget to set your difficulty on hard though.

Now I shall defend my opinion on your post being wrong.
1. "If you build a 3x4x3 hollow cube and put yourself inside of it, then you are safe forever. Monsters can't break in. You can set a new time record but just letting your game run. Pure boredom."
Nay, if the game gets the ideas that WaveJones offered, then it works fine.
2. "In general just use no doors, so zombies don't break in, build a roof to keep spiders out, and build your shelter small enough so monsters don't spawn inside."
Same reason why I denied your number one statement.
3. "And if you don't want to starve eventually, then you have no choice but just stand still."
Well, that wouldn't solve the problem if the Mob Improvement WaveJones offered would happen. But I agree, a lack of food would harden the game. Better the hostiles you may beat could drop Cooked Porkchops. Combining with my idea of Punch Cons, Cooked Porkchops would be a worthy award for killing something that might poison you, or make the view spin around.
4. "But well, why eat? To run around in your dark wood shelter which is limited by building material and do nothing, because you are not allowed to?"
To run around from a goddamn creeper that blew up a hole in your walls.
5. "Even better, play it in creative as suggested and monsters won't be interested in you at all!"
Nay, nay, and thrice nay. Such is impossible. "Build to Survive" isn't a difficulty level, it's A GAMEMODE. Cheats would probably be disabled as well.
My defending of this topic from you is complete, sire.

KaosRitual
  • Minecraft: Mehrin

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

View Postvincent_01, on 05 January 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

Could be made so Creeper AI in this mode will make them explode if they cannot reach you.
It is criminal to steal a purse, daring to steal a fortune, a mark of greatness to steal a crown. The blame diminishes as the guilt increases. http://i1190.photobu...craftBanner.jpg

flameoguy
  • Minecraft: flameoguy
  • Xbox:N/A

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Maybe instead of only mobs, you could have different disasters to keep you interested. You would have ten minutes to build (anything but bedrock) in creative mode and when the time is up, the disaster comes.

Ideas:
Poison (better have milk!)
Volcano
Mob apocolypse (like you said)
Ghast Attack!
Boss mobs!
Tornado
TNT rain!
Lava flood
Flood
Fallout (Some TNT drops in center of map, then it rains acid and a toxic gas comes)
Surprise! (Creeper spawns behind you)
Overheat (anything in direct sunlight catches fire, and any metal touching fire or lava melts and turns to fire, water in sunlight becomes lava, and all flammable materials outside or near fire instantly burn.)
Exploding ocelots!
Attack of the clones (like zombies, but hold axes and look like you (and a friend's?) skin.)
Bombing!
Zombie seige!
Acid rain (kills you on contact)
Creepers!
Revolt (Npc's come with bows and swords, you get one instantly to fight)
Falling anvils!
Creepthulthu (giant creeper with plenty creepers inside it)

Also, you should be able to buy things like weapons, armor, a pre-built house, milk, the right to use obsidian, and food
at a "shop"

I think you should DEFINETLY spawn in creative (no flying though) so you can build your shelter.
Posted Image
Yes. Yes I do.

JackDude93

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

lolno. You can't play BtS on creative, because Creative and Build to Survive are both gamemodes. Also, I have something else for you.

The difficulty will be set to hard, and you can't fly.

You don't need to remember to set your difficulty to hard. It says it will AUTOMATICALLY be set on hard.
I am JackDude93! Fear me, all mobs!
Posted Image

Frog81
    Frog81

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10472 posts
  • Minecraft: frog81
  • Xbox:Gorfeywog

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostKaosRitual, on 05 January 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

Could be made so Creeper AI in this mode will make them explode if they cannot reach you.
And if you build a 3x4x3 FLOATING cube? Remember that only sand and gravel fall, and mobs do not fly?
Posted ImagePosted Image

EnderBlitz

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

View Postflameoguy, on 05 January 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Maybe instead of only mobs, you could have different disasters to keep you interested. You would have ten minutes to build (anything but bedrock) in creative mode and when the time is up, the disaster comes.

Ideas:
Poison (better have milk!)
Volcano
Mob apocolypse (like you said)
Ghast Attack!
Boss mobs!
Tornado
TNT rain!
Lava flood
Flood
Fallout (Some TNT drops in center of map, then it rains acid and a toxic gas comes)
Surprise! (Creeper spawns behind you)
Overheat (anything in direct sunlight catches fire, and any metal touching fire or lava melts and turns to fire, water in sunlight becomes lava, and all flammable materials outside or near fire instantly burn.)
Exploding ocelots!
Attack of the clones (like zombies, but hold axes and look like you (and a friend's?) skin.)
Bombing!
Zombie seige!
Acid rain (kills you on contact)
Creepers!
Revolt (Npc's come with bows and swords, you get one instantly to fight)
Falling anvils!
Creepthulthu (giant creeper with plenty creepers inside it)

Also, you should be able to buy things like weapons, armor, a pre-built house, milk, the right to use obsidian, and food
at a "shop"

I think you should DEFINETLY spawn in creative (no flying though) so you can build your shelter.

Sounds like a completely different gamemode. Something like "Survive the Disasters" rather than "Build to Survive".
How about you make another topic on suggestions? :D

SuperSupermario24

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

...I can't believe nobody has said "Just build a really tall tower."
Posted Image
I am a being who can bend the very fabric of space and time to my liking. I'm usually a creeper but I can be anything.
Posted Image ヽ(*・ω・)ノ Be Happy

EnderBlitz

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostSuperSupermario24, on 05 January 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

...I can't believe nobody has said "Just build a really tall tower."
'Tis the work for spiders to climb it, then.

Frog81
    Frog81

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10472 posts
  • Minecraft: frog81
  • Xbox:Gorfeywog

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostRobloxerboy, on 05 January 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

'Tis the work for spiders to climb it, then.
Really tall tower that expands to the sides at the top, because spiders would get stuck on the expanded part. Also if it was tall enough the mobs wouldn't be able to see whoever was up there.
Or a really tall tower with a small room at the top with no doors, no windows, full walls, and a roof so mobs can't get in.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Theriasis
    Theriasis

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

I'm not really understanding this. So you just enclose yourself with what you can make with the wooden planks, then start this timer... Then what? Do you just stand in your house blankly staring at the timer?

WaveJones

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Could i make another post for this? I could make it more detailed. I will credit you for the idea.

Posted Image

Steven42lol
  • Minecraft: Steven42lols

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

http://www.minecraft...dary-gamemodes/
It'd work.
Support.
Posted Image
I support both of these.