Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.6/7]The Empyrean - now with SMP support

classes spells items blocks travel full conversion game mode potions smp

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

EmpyrealHell

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Unfortunately, due to time constraints I have, and the fact that it takes me longer to update the mod than it takes Mojang to update MC, I am no longer going to provide updates to this mod. I know, shocking, right? I'm sorry to everyone this affects, but I've burned almost an entire month trying to update the mod to the latest version of Minecraft and my progress keeps getting reset. More details on the whole ordeal here.

Welcome to the Empyrean!
Version 1.1.7 is out!
Change Log
Spoiler:
While there is no update for it, the mod in it's current form is compatible with 1.4.7. The in-game menus will still all show 1.4.6, but I will have an update out soon.

Download the client
Download the server

KragTheDark has made a wiki for the mod content (awesome!). http://the-empyrean-...wiki/Main_Page.

Client Installation Instructions: (Follow any one of these three methods to install the mod. You must have a clean minecraft install. THIS MOD IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH FORGE or any other mods. Please give it a chance though, the incompatibility is due to the massive and pervasive changes the mod makes to the game, and not for lack of trying.)
Spoiler:
Server Installation Instructions:
Spoiler:
If you ever download this mod or anything related to it from any site other than electrichorsesoftware.com (or its mirror elhoso.co), please report it to me. This mod will never be hosted anywhere else.

Official Trailer.

Mod Showcase by KragTheDark

Mod Review by FuriousDestroyer

This is a total conversion mod based on Chinese mythology for Minecraft that aims to make combat as relevant to the game as mining and building are in vanilla mode. The goal of this mod is to provide a unique experience without breaking the original game. To that end, the mod exists as a new game mode that is available at world creation, and all other existing game modes should work as they do in the vanilla client. While the mod was designed and balanced with multiplayer in mind, The SMP server mod is not quite ready yet, but should be in the very near future. Multiplayer servers can run the modded server jar to host a game with this mode, and modded clients will be able to connent to vanilla servers or modded servers without issue. This mod is not designed to be compatible with any other mods, and any such compatibility is purely coincidental and not supported.

This mod is a work in progress. There are more features planned that will flesh out the mod to be the full experience I want it to be, but I know that it needs testing to be stable and I would like the community's feedback on the existing features so I have more time to tweak and balance. I cannot guarantee that your worlds will not break between versions, and I know there are a few features not added yet that will require new worlds for you to access them, but I will try to make sure that your existing worlds are not reset or broken by updates as much as possible.

I am a one-man team, so don't expect fast or frequent updates. This mod is huge, and took a long time to get to the point it is at. I am open to suggestions, and I will continue to make updates, but please remember that I am the only person working on this project and be patient with me. I have a full time job and a family, this is just something I am doing in my spare time that I want to share with you all.

There are more features in this mod than it would be feasible to list, so I have made a video highlighting the major features outlined below.

Classes
Spoiler:

Items
Spoiler:

Blocks
Spoiler:

Terrain Features
Spoiler:

Mobs
Spoiler:

Gameplay changes
Spoiler:

Support
Want to help spread the word? Add this banner to your signature.

Posted Image
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1631796-the-empyrean-chinese-mythology-class-mod-with-spells-items-blocks-and-tons-of-new-content/][img]http://elhoso.co/empyrean/promo/img/banner.png[/img][/url]

Legal
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.

1. LIABILITY
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.

2. USE
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.

3. REDISTRIBUTION
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.

4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

MandayZ
    MandayZ

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

This is epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TripleHeadedSheep
  • Minecraft: _TripleHS_

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

I might try it. It looks promising ^^
I make models 'n stuff :)

Jaleeni
    Jaleeni

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Minecraft: Jaleeni
  • Xbox:Jaleeni

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Another unique mod. I'll give it a try.

Posted Image WIP 128x 64x, SEUS support, Mod support in the pipeline TEKKIT, FTB, the more support the more mods!

BeanishGod
  • Minecraft: beanishgod

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

cool! might make a mod spotlight!

EmpyrealHell

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostBeanishGod, on 04 January 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

cool! might make a mod spotlight!
Awesome! If you decide to and you have any questions for me or want any details about it, just shoot me a message on the forum.
Posted Image

RejectedError
  • Minecraft: RejectedError

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Looks pretty good. I'll give this a try.
Posted Image
this looks painful...

Terrivel_World

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hum, this looks interesting. And it plays half as it looks, it will be a great mod. Downloading...
Host of "EXPRESSO MINECRAFT". It's in portuguese, but all are welcome! http://www.youtube.c...r/TerrivelWorld
Also, I fully support: Posted Image

Tempeth
    Tempeth

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

It looks like you've put a lot of thought into the combat classes, should be interesting to try out.  I like the attention paid to non-combat classes, too.  Death orbs are pretty awesome.

callmehmaybeh

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

This mod looks friggin amazing. Just two lil questions, for which version of Minecraft is this? And how do you install it?

EmpyrealHell

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

View Postcallmehmaybeh, on 04 January 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

This mod looks friggin amazing. Just two lil questions, for which version of Minecraft is this? And how do you install it?
It is for the current version of minecraft (1.4.6). As for installation:
"It is recommended to use the HD texture patcher to install the mod (but not the hd texture update), or simply copy the contents of the zip file into your minecraft jar file and delete the meta-inf folder."
Basically, use the HD patcher, uncheck everything and use the Mod menu at the top to add the zip file. Hit patch and it will take care of backing up your jar file (but not your worlds!) and applying the mod. Then just run it as normal, create a new world and set the game mode to Empyrean.
Posted Image

AnonTheMouse

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

This looks amazing. I really wish I had the free time to do a separate install of the game for this!
Check out my 5 Rules of Game Design!
Posted Image

callmehmaybeh

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostEmpyrealHell, on 04 January 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

It is for the current version of minecraft (1.4.6). As for installation:
"It is recommended to use the HD texture patcher to install the mod (but not the hd texture update), or simply copy the contents of the zip file into your minecraft jar file and delete the meta-inf folder."
Basically, use the HD patcher, uncheck everything and use the Mod menu at the top to add the zip file. Hit patch and it will take care of backing up your jar file (but not your worlds!) and applying the mod. Then just run it as normal, create a new world and set the game mode to Empyrean.

Alright THANKS!!

EmpyrealHell

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostAnonTheMouse, on 04 January 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

This looks amazing. I really wish I had the free time to do a separate install of the game for this!

If setup time is the issue, you might check out Magic Launcher. I've used it before with great success.
Posted Image

dinosammy1
  • Minecraft: dinosammy1

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

It is really good so far Posted Image,
thoug there are still some bugs,
but that is no problem since this obviously is a WIP > where can we report bugs to help you find them?
shall we just PM you or post them here?

Just to note that up there Posted Image it is great and should get more publicity,
you might wanna get a banner,
i would like to help you make one but im not as active on the forums as i once was Posted Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
EDIT
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
Good job getting that banner :3
can you survive it???
Posted Image

EmpyrealHell

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

View Postdinosammy1, on 05 January 2013 - 05:02 AM, said:

It is really good so far Posted Image,
thoug there are still some bugs,
but that is no problem since this obviously is a WIP > where can we report bugs to help you find them?
shall we just PM you or post them here?

Just to note that up there Posted Image it is great and should get more publicity,
you might wanna get a banner,
i would like to help you make one but im not as active on the forums as i once was Posted Image
Thanks for the feedback! The download link has a link to a bug reporting page, or you can go to http://elhoso.co/bug and report them there. I'm just a programmer, I'm bad at all of this publicity stuff, so thanks for the tips there as well.
Posted Image

The Templars

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

You have made this mod incompatible with almost every mod...i cant even review this since i cant access the items.

edit: toomanyitems, optifine, forge...everything incompatible :/

Posted Image

EmpyrealHell

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostThe Templars, on 05 January 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

You have made this mod incompatible with almost every mod...i cant even review this since i cant access the items.

edit: toomanyitems, optifine, forge...everything incompatible :/
The compatibility thing isn't something I am going to be able to fix quickly, if at all. What I can do, though, is give you access to all of the content so you can review it in some other way. Give me a few hours and I'll see what I can cook up. What I'm thinking for now though, is the ability to set your level so you can access the skills, and a toggle for the recipe book to show everything (instead of only what you know) and let you pick up items out of it. Would that work for you? You would be able to get all of the items, blocks, and skills, and with that you would be able to fly around the world to see the different landscapes and whatnot.
Posted Image

EmpyrealHell

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostEmpyrealHell, on 05 January 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

What I'm thinking for now though, is the ability to set your level so you can access the skills, and a toggle for the recipe book to show everything (instead of only what you know) and let you pick up items out of it. Would that work for you? You would be able to get all of the items, blocks, and skills, and with that you would be able to fly around the world to see the different landscapes and whatnot.
I went ahead with that idea. The new version 1.0.2 has the /te command which will open the game up for you to review.

run "/te admin true" first, to open up the rest of the commands.

"/te level [current|base] #" will set the level of your current class or the base class. If you want to fly around, the pugilist class skill featherlight will let you do that, so just set that as your active class and set your level to at least 9. I recommend setting your base class level up as well to give yourself more max qi so you can fly for longer.

"/te recipe all" will make your recipe book (default key 'r') show you all recipes and all items without recipes (even some of the technical ones, anything without a name is probably going to act weird). You can also use the two new buttons to get one of that item or a full stack of the item.

When you are done, "/te admin false" will set the game back to normal. I hope this helps you and any other potential reviewers.
Posted Image

Chancebozey

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

This looks promising. Will have to try it with my boys when SMP is available. Keep up the good work :)

Posted Image