• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Feed The Beast Mod Pack Download Problems

feed the beast download problems launcher feed the beast downloading mod pack please wait

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Turt1166
    Turt1166

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

I am using the most recent "Feed The Beast" launcher and i have a legitimate Minecraft account. I downloaded the launcher for "Feed The Beast" yesterday and the launcher is having problems downloading any of the mod packs. When i either click launch with a mod pack selected or i force update it goes to a small loading screen saying:
Downloading mod pack...
Please Wait
This message remains constantly and the download bar makes no progress. I have left this screen for many hours and still no progress.

Please help me

Register or log in to remove.

Hidinginthelight

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

The FTB team will be better suited to answer this for you.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/

Turt1166
    Turt1166

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Thanx for the advice Posted Image

_BeauLoucks_

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

View PostTurt1166, on 04 January 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

Thanx for the advice Posted Image
did you find the solution because im having the same problem and i can't find out whats wrong any advice would be amazing

Hidinginthelight

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

View Post_BeauLoucks_, on 23 January 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

did you find the solution because im having the same problem and i can't find out whats wrong any advice would be amazing

http://desk.feed-the...oad-the-modpack

_BeauLoucks_

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostHidinginthelight, on 23 January 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

That Didnt Work Either I have Been Chatting With Support and nothing is of use :(

Ateam4
    Ateam4

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

HI I Have the same problem every time I download the feed the beast Modpack it downloads and then it comes up error downloading Modpack any advice.

jaketr00
    jaketr00

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

for me, the log says its downloading from creeperropo.net but it never shows percentage like it does on my mac (it works fine on my mac) and if i close out the download tab, it downloads minecraft.jar, then i get vanilla minecraft

Evan6567
    Evan6567

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

More than likely you need to update your FTB launcher. I had this same problem until I updated.

jaze116
    jaze116

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • Minecraft: cmonsma

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

when I launch FTB, I dont even get a list of modpacks. I use windows 8 64 bit.

webrosc
    webrosc

Kitty Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 8047 posts
  • Minecraft: webrosc

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

View Postjaze116, on 14 April 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

when I launch FTB, I dont even get a list of modpacks. I use windows 8 64 bit.
i've noticed over the last couple of days the packs don't always show on the left side, but the last selected pack shows on the right and if i hit launch it loads that pack fine.
closing and reopening the pack seems to fix it

Mystic_wulf
  • Minecraft: Mystic_wulf

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

None of this Options are Working for me Posted Image

ShadyLogic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

I had this same problem, and after looking at countless forum posts nobody had the answer. The sole reason I made an account here was so I wouldn't be the guy who left everyone else to rot after I solved the issue. There's a chance that what I discovered won't fix everybody's problem, but seeing as nobody else has even suggested this, and as soon as I changed this it worked immediately, I'd say there's a pretty good chance this is what's causing the issue.

YOU NEED TO HAVE JAVA 6 INSTALLED.

The newest version of Java, Java 7, is what is causing the issue. Here is a step by step guide to fixing the problem:

1 - Go to Add/Remove Programs in your control panel, or if you have Windows 7 just type Uninstall into your Start Menu and choose Uninstall a Program.
2 - Scroll down until you find Java and check your version. If you have Java™ 7 Update (Anything) installed, that is your issue. Uninstall EVERYTHING JAVA RELATED, including any updates.
3 - Download the installer for Java 6. As of today you can find it here: http://java.com/en/d...d/manual_v6.jsp . Download the 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on your system.
4 - Install Java 6. Go ahead and use the default install settings unless you know what you're doing.
5 - Try running Feed the Beast normally. It should actually download the modpacks now.

IF THESE INSTRUCTIONS HELPED YOU SOLVE THE PROBLEM, PLEASE SHOW YOUR GRATITUDE BY GOING BACK TO ANY FORUMS YOU PREVIOUSLY VISITED AND COPY/PASTING THIS FIX THERE. I DO NOT NEED TO BE CREDITED, I JUST WANT TO HELP ANYBODY ELSE WHO IS EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE.

There is no worse feeling than seeing a thread where somebody with the exact same problem as you posts "I figured it out, thanks guys!" You end up screaming at your screen "HOW?! WHAT DID YOU DO!", but no force on earth will bring them back to that forum once their own problem is solved. Don't be that person. If you figure out the solution to a problem go back and tell everybody what you did. The people of a forum helped you out by providing suggestions, and it's likely that someone else out there will have the same problem you do. Pay it forward, post your solution.

You're all welcome.

TheMiningSoul

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostShadyLogic, on 24 May 2013 - 05:28 AM, said:

I had this same problem, and after looking at countless forum posts nobody had the answer. The sole reason I made an account here was so I wouldn't be the guy who left everyone else to rot after I solved the issue. There's a chance that what I discovered won't fix everybody's problem, but seeing as nobody else has even suggested this, and as soon as I changed this it worked immediately, I'd say there's a pretty good chance this is what's causing the issue.

The newest version of Java, Java 7, is what is causing the issue. Here is a step by step guide to fixing the problem:

1 - Go to Add/Remove Programs in your control panel, or if you have Windows 7 just type Uninstall into your Start Menu and choose Uninstall a Program.
2 - Scroll down until you find Java and check your version. If you have Java™ 7 Update (Anything) installed, that is your issue. Uninstall EVERYTHING JAVA RELATED, including any updates.
3 - Download the installer for Java 6. As of today you can find it here: http://java.com/en/d...d/manual_v6.jsp . Download the 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on your system.
4 - Install Java 6. Go ahead and use the default install settings unless you know what you're doing.
5 - Try running Feed the Beast normally. It should actually download the modpacks now.

IF THESE INSTRUCTIONS HELPED YOU SOLVE THE PROBLEM, PLEASE SHOW YOUR GRATITUDE BY GOING BACK TO ANY FORUMS YOU PREVIOUSLY VISITED AND COPY/PASTING THIS FIX THERE. I DO NOT NEED TO BE CREDITED, I JUST WANT TO HELP ANYBODY ELSE WHO IS EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE.

There is no worse feeling than seeing a thread where somebody with the exact same problem as you posts "I figured it out, thanks guys!" You end up screaming at your screen "HOW?! WHAT DID YOU DO!", but no force on earth will bring them back to that forum once their own problem is solved. Don't be that person. If you figure out the solution to a problem go back and tell everybody what you did. The people of a forum helped you out by providing suggestions, and it's likely that someone else out there will have the same problem you do. Pay it forward, post your solution.

You're all welcome.

Thank you.
So much :D
(Sorry about random bump, I had to :P)

XxEL3MENT

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

None of these worked for me i am so mad this looks so fun anyone have any ideas what i should do.

SilverClock

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

You're all welcome.

May God bless your soul forever and ever!!
Java 6 is no longer available publicly, but a google search remedied that.

Risen_Dem0n

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

you can download java 6 here

http://www.oldapps.c...a=8346?download

bottleo
    bottleo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

this happened to me but with unhinged, i press launch and it stays at the ''pressed launch, loading'' where the buttons turn grey, help?Posted Image

View Postbottleo, on 29 August 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

this happened to me but with unhinged, i press launch and it stays at the ''pressed launch, loading'' where the buttons turn grey, help?Posted Image
nvm, fixed it! Posted Image

kylro2k13

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I WAS SETTING IT UP FOR MY BRO AND IT WASNT WORKING UNTIL NOW!!! GOD BLESS U!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Truthowl

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

You're all welcome.

Worked for me. FTB loaded instantly and loaded the list of all mod packs, even the 1.6.4 ones. I've been having lag spike issues with java 7 and I'm gonna go see if they are gone using java 6 now. btw I got Java 6 update 43 from oldapps.com