Latest News Article

[1.5.1/1.5.2] PowerCrystals' mods - The updates never stop

• Please log in to reply
3370 replies to this topic

power crystals
  • Minecraft: powercrystals

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostBrigadon, on 31 January 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

or, it's possible that it stopped working because I replaced treecapitator with timber!

Perhaps the problem is not treecapitator, maybe it's whatever is affecting the timber! mod. Lemme check

edit- grrr, this thing is bloody hard to pin down, I see why you are having such problems. I made the world 3 times in a row, exact same parameters, 2 successfully generated trees, 1 did not.
Wow. I think I might just make a special debug version of that thing and see if you can get it to tell you why it's deciding it's too cool for trees.

View Postldog, on 31 January 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

Then you typed it in wrong. If you copied and pasted maybe you got a leading or trailing space in there.
I've generated that seed repeatedly.
I'll have to check I guess.

View Postbdew, on 31 January 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Hey i was wondering, for steam consumers i seem to be limited to 1000mb/t, is that intentional? (before anyone asks you can get higher flow rates with tesseracts from Thermal Expansion)

Also, farming IC2 rubber trees with MFR seems to produce a lot less rubber that it should, would it be possible to make it apply a treetap effect to rubber containing blocks before chopping them? maybe with a special machine?
I was about to ask how you managed to generate 1B/t input. The thing only has 1000mB internal storage because I didn't expect anyone to ever actually do that, so I guess I need to reconsider the cap.

The harvester doesn't really know about "trees", just blocks, so doing that would be very difficult. Same reason it doesn't support Pam's trees. I'm not averse to the idea, but for now it's not going to happen, sorry.

View PostWiNeTel, on 31 January 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

just get this Error sometimes on my Server!

01.02 00:20:05 [Server] WARNING [IC2] API ERROR: [email protected]32f4 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.
01.02 00:20:00 [Server] WARNING [IC2] API ERROR: [email protected]0ee7 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.
This error is new after updating BC and power Converter yesterday and place a new Harvester and connect it with IC2 power.
in the moment use power from BC that the Harvester work
Yeah that one's been a pain in the butt to pin down. It should be fixed in the MFR 2.1 beta, so try again when that comes out and let me know if it's still broken. In the meantime, it's harmless to you.
Posted Image
INFORMATION WANTS TO BE WRONG

Register or log in to remove.

WiNeTel
    WiNeTel

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

View Postpower crystals, on 31 January 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Yeah that one's been a pain in the butt to pin down. It should be fixed in the MFR 2.1 beta, so try again when that comes out and let me know if it's still broken. In the meantime, it's harmless to you.
Thanks for the fast answer and now hope that your beta get public fast!
just one thing with your Api!
please think to use a special config file for adding custom crops and trees! like the Powercraft mod use!
think its more easy to add the crop ID´s and the Plant Metadata then all modders add your api, there are so many mods that has crops inside and not shure that all will add your api but with config file all user can add the missing crops
The new Paradise for Building & Construction (searching for Help  Code & Textures)
Posted Image

power crystals

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

View PostWiNeTel, on 31 January 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Thanks for the fast answer and now hope that your beta get public fast!
just one thing with your Api!
please think to use a special config file for adding custom crops and trees! like the Powercraft mod use!
think its more easy to add the crop ID´s and the Plant Metadata then all modders add your api, there are so many mods that has crops inside and not shure that all will add your api but with config file all user can add the missing crops
I considered this but there's too many weird edge cases for it to work well enough for me to be happy. However, denoflions is busy adding MFR support to Plugins for Forestry (which I guess might need a new name :P) and that will allow you to do this.
Posted Image

bdew
    bdew

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

View Postpower crystals, on 31 January 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

The thing only has 1000mB internal storage because I didn't expect anyone to ever actually do that

Well to be fair until recently there was no way to do that Posted Image

power crystals

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

KL told me to not fix it, but I may anyway, we'll see. You can also just put multiple steam consumers on the same bridge.
Posted Image

g_BonE
    g_BonE

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

@power crystals: Any idea why your machines dont seem to work with factorzation's router block ? tried putting items into the planter / fertilizer but no matter how i set it up in the router (insert into top, bottom, sides, chosen slot) no items get transferred. Please make it compatible ;)

Lithial
    Lithial

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Minecraft: Lithial

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Any chance of nether ore nei support? or are we waiting on the next update from mistagur?

Click Here for Updated Versions :)

Posted Image

steef157
    steef157

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Cool mod, but is it an idea that there is a oil and fuel comsumer and producer.

ldog
    ldog

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Hey PC, just noticed if you turn the furnace recipes off in nether ores config, it also turns off the induction smelter recipes.
Also nether uranium should go in a compressor and give you 2 ingots if possible instead of having to smelt it.

View PostLithial, on 01 February 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Any chance of nether ore nei support? or are we waiting on the next update from mistagur?

It's already there dude.

into_TheCatalyst

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hi powercrystals, I was wondering if I could include your nether ores mod in my new adventure modpack! here is the link: http://www.minecraft.../#entry20634974 I hope you allow permission

Hi powercrystals, I was wondering if I could include your nether ores mod in my new adventure modpack! here is the link: http://www.minecraft.../#entry20634974 I hope you allow permission

g_BonE
    g_BonE

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

derp on my side, disregard my former post. the machines were not properly connected to work with the FZ router ;) thanks for the mod !

power crystals

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostLithial, on 01 February 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Uh. What doesn't it support? It's already there.

View Poststeef157, on 01 February 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Cool mod, but is it an idea that there is a oil and fuel comsumer and producer.
Fuel possibly, but oil is a resource and not a power system.

View Postldog, on 01 February 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

Hey PC, just noticed if you turn the furnace recipes off in nether ores config, it also turns off the induction smelter recipes.
Also nether uranium should go in a compressor and give you 2 ingots if possible instead of having to smelt it.
By design. And I'm not sure it's worth it adding compressor recipe support for just uranium.

View Postinto_TheCatalyst, on 01 February 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

Go for it.
Posted Image

Brigadon
    Brigadon

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

What I have to wonder is how often Powercrystals has considered just rolling power converters, MFR, and omnitools into the same mod Posted Image

heh, right, netherores, not omnitools.

power crystals

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

.. Omnitools is KingLemming (who also is a great guy), not me. I assume you mean netherores? :P And occasionally. But people get them for different reasons - NetherOres is often found in more "magical" modpacks for example. But there is a reason why some of the PC stuff has found its way into MFR now.
Posted Image

• Minecraft: 1726379897

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Power Crystals! your back! We Missed you!
Love Hugs and DIAMONDS!
Im so happy to see you modding again. I love you and will be installing this to my Modpack ASAP
"Schizophrenia is a culturally bound phenomenon. Its pattern of expression is filtered through the cultural substrate in which its symptoms develop,in technological Societies, this manifests as delusions of surveillance and a belief that advanced technology is deployed against you, usually with some vague unseen "other" out to get you."

Roraborealis

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

I tried out the new version of tekkit, and OMG PANICKED! at the fact that there were no water strainers for me to exploit play with.

I am looking forward to their dark revival Posted Image

ldog
    ldog

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

View Postpower crystals, on 01 February 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

Fuel possibly, but oil is a resource and not a power system.

By design. And I'm not sure it's worth it adding compressor recipe support for just uranium.

Hmmm..would be interesting to do a consumer that uses fuel, basicly an engine/generator/whatever, but then I guess you'd need to write your own power system or use the mod whose API you are using; which kinda defeats the purpose. Something to think about maybe.

Well I thought I would turn them off to cut out clutter, but then the induction furnace is needed for some of them. If you intended it to be like that no biggie. Having no idea how much trouble it would be to add the compressor recipe I can't say, but probably not worth the trouble.

breedon
    breedon

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

I read pretty far back in this thread but couldn't find any info on Oil Fabs. I dragged Core MFR and PC into my tekkit lite mods folder and can't find the oil fab.  what did I miss?  I thought i saw a pic a while back saying they were back ( oil and lava Fab) am I putting the mods in the right way? or are they just not in the mod anymore..

power crystals

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

View PostRoraborealis, on 02 February 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

I tried out the new version of tekkit, and OMG PANICKED! at the fact that there were no water strainers for me to exploit play with.

I am looking forward to their dark revival Posted Image
Shouldn't be too long now!

View Postldog, on 02 February 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

Hmmm..would be interesting to do a consumer that uses fuel, basicly an engine/generator/whatever, but then I guess you'd need to write your own power system or use the mod whose API you are using; which kinda defeats the purpose. Something to think about maybe.

Well I thought I would turn them off to cut out clutter, but then the induction furnace is needed for some of them. If you intended it to be like that no biggie. Having no idea how much trouble it would be to add the compressor recipe I can't say, but probably not worth the trouble.
Fuel: No, it'd just turn it into "power converters units" :P
The induction furnace I just didn't really see a reason to separate from the normal furnace recipes. The toggles are basically there for gameplay preferences.

View Postbreedon, on 02 February 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

I read pretty far back in this thread but couldn't find any info on Oil Fabs. I dragged Core MFR and PC into my tekkit lite mods folder and can't find the oil fab.  what did I miss?  I thought i saw a pic a while back saying they were back ( oil and lava Fab) am I putting the mods in the right way? or are they just not in the mod anymore..
The other way around, that build isn't out yet. It's in testing, should be available in a couple days :).
Posted Image

Brigadon
    Brigadon

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Okay, PC, now that you are going to have sorters, is there any chance you could add a couple of 'destroyers'? for liquid and solid input? Blocks that do nothing but get rid of all that extra water the liquid sorter extracted from your fuel lines, or get rid of excess seeds/saplings/dirt if you don't have something like the recycler installed? (preferably both in the same block, kinda like the destruction pipes add-on for buildcraft or immibis' destroyers for redpower tubes.) something you could stick on the end of a conveyor belt or connect to an input block to shoot all that crap into oblivion instead of having the conveyor end at a lava pit (for safety's sake) and as far as I know, direct liquid destroyers are kind of a new thing.

okay, JUST a liquid destroyer alone would be worth it's weight in gold Posted Image there are many other options for items, not truly neccessary.

if you wanted to make it super cool you could call it like a 'dehydrator' and have it 'empty' cells and capsules and stuff, but That may be too much to ask Posted Image

or does it already exist in a bunch of other forms and I just never saw it?