3370 replies to this topic

YamiFowl
    YamiFowl

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

View Postpower crystals, on 24 April 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

It should already display what's in it in the tooltip. As for displaying the icon, it's on the todo but keeps getting pushed back for other things.

I see, but I mention on the actual name though...
But glad to see my suggestion was already on the list~

I'll be waiting patiently then!
Thanks for the answer!

Good luck!

Register or log in to remove.

Sourcerorman

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

What version of Industrialcraft should I use with this mod? The most recent version doesn't seem to be compatible.
Education without values, as useful as it seems, rather to make a man a more clever devil.   ~C. S. Lewis

DoctorOr

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

View PostSourcerorman, on 24 April 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

What version of Industrialcraft should I use with this mod? The most recent version doesn't seem to be compatible.

I'm using industrialcraft-2_1.115.304-lf and gregtechmod-3.02c with MineFactoryReloaded-2.5.0-611

Darkrhen
    Darkrhen

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

this mod just gets better and better! i actually played the first one long ago, if i remenber correctly, around the times of the 1.7 beta update, and every thing that was good about it is still here but now there are like 20 more things that make it more epic. i write this basically to thank power crystals for the work, every new update just makes everything better and better.

by the way, any plans for the spyglass? is a good tool, but a zoom option with it appart of its current use will make it perfect in my opinion.

also, i am not sure about any plans about it but since you have already a mahine for almost everything anyone is going to need what about a machine to brew potions more automatically? that and an auto block placer and you basically have one machine for everything that this game has.

Walti
    Walti

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Minecraft: Waele

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Can you think about the following 2 things in PRC

A Logic-Gate "Reset"I. So we can Reset the whole PRC to a Start-State via eg. a Button or via Logic itself. (all counters/flip-flopps/etc. are set to zerro-state) Usefull for secret doors or complex machines.

UP and Down buttons in the GUI so we can move logic-gates in order  as they are realy used. (eg. Switch Gate 1 and 2).
Playing around with PRC i often had to add a logic later which changes behavor of earliear inputs. I know doing it via vars works without problems if the last gate makes a function whitch changes the input-behavor of the first, but if i will check or make changes a month or so later on a PRC with a lot of gates in it it would be a lot easier to remember what it is doing when all gates are sortet in the order they are needet and needs lesser time to accomplish the final result (i'm think)

Thanks again for your work, PRC ist so awesome.

power crystals
  • Minecraft: powercrystals

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostSourcerorman, on 24 April 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

It's intended for 294, but I've heard that 304 works. You may need to delete the copy of the IC2 API that MFR comes with.

View PostDarkrhen, on 24 April 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

this mod just gets better and better! i actually played the first one long ago, if i remenber correctly, around the times of the 1.7 beta update, and every thing that was good about it is still here but now there are like 20 more things that make it more epic. i write this basically to thank power crystals for the work, every new update just makes everything better and better.

by the way, any plans for the spyglass? is a good tool, but a zoom option with it appart of its current use will make it perfect in my opinion.

also, i am not sure about any plans about it but since you have already a mahine for almost everything anyone is going to need what about a machine to brew potions more automatically? that and an auto block placer and you basically have one machine for everything that this game has.
Zooming is actually really really hard. I'm leaving that one for optifine, as cool as that would be.

What do you want from brewing that the vanilla stand can't handle?

View PostWalti, on 24 April 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Can you think about the following 2 things in PRC

A Logic-Gate "Reset"I. So we can Reset the whole PRC to a Start-State via eg. a Button or via Logic itself. (all counters/flip-flopps/etc. are set to zerro-state) Usefull for secret doors or complex machines.

UP and Down buttons in the GUI so we can move logic-gates in order  as they are realy used. (eg. Switch Gate 1 and 2).
Playing around with PRC i often had to add a logic later which changes behavor of earliear inputs. I know doing it via vars works without problems if the last gate makes a function whitch changes the input-behavor of the first, but if i will check or make changes a month or so later on a PRC with a lot of gates in it it would be a lot easier to remember what it is doing when all gates are sortet in the order they are needet and needs lesser time to accomplish the final result (i'm think)

Thanks again for your work, PRC ist so awesome.
Resetting the state of all circuits... would not be easy. Not impossible, but not easy. Moving them up and down might be easier, so that will probably happen at some point.
Posted Image
INFORMATION WANTS TO BE WRONG

Zarosiannuke
  • Minecraft: clockwork598

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

The rednet cables are so helpful, thanks for putting something like them in. I really love the recent updates to MFR.

Sourcerorman

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

View Postpower crystals, on 24 April 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

It's intended for 294, but I've heard that 304 works. You may need to delete the copy of the IC2 API that MFR comes with.
I don't get it. I've tried getting rid of all my other mods except for ic2 and minefactory, and it still crashes. Where is the ic2 api located? Also, do I need gregtech?
Education without values, as useful as it seems, rather to make a man a more clever devil.   ~C. S. Lewis

Emys
    Emys

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

You don't need gregtech, and the ic2 API is located inside the MFR jar, just open it with winrar or 7zip or something.

Sourcerorman

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

I've deleted the api and tried it again. Still crashes. Is there any configs or anything that will make it crash?
Here's the crash log, maybe this will help.

Spoiler:

JustHev
    JustHev

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Wow, I love RedNet Cabling. I wonder if it integrates with computercraft as beautifully as CC does it with bundled cabling. I feel like building a big system with buildcraft gates to measure the amount of machines that are busy or like the power storage left. Would absolutely be cool. But can a computer read all colors of rednet at once?

And a other small feature request: Could you make rednet cable like that, that when you click it with a color of wool in your hand, that it will change to that color of wool, without consuming the wool?

Zarosiannuke
  • Minecraft: clockwork598

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostSourcerorman, on 24 April 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

I've deleted the api and tried it again. Still crashes. Is there any configs or anything that will make it crash?

Spoiler:
I don't happen to know much about modding, but maybe put a copy of the new api in there? Maybe? Possibly? It might work.

Sourcerorman

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostZarosiannuke, on 24 April 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

I don't happen to know much about modding, but maybe put a copy of the new api in there? Maybe? Possibly? It might work.
How do I get the new api?

Emys
    Emys

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostSourcerorman, on 24 April 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Spoiler:

Personally, I'd just also delete the modhelper, which is the powercrystals/minefactoryreloaded/modhelpers/ic2 folder.

Between getting rid of that and the IC2 API, the two mods should basically not be interacting at all. Which isn't ideal, but shouldn't be causing crashes. edit: I lied. Pretty sure MFR needs some version of IC2 API present, because of the power net.

View PostJustHev, on 24 April 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Wow, I love RedNet Cabling. I wonder if it integrates with computercraft as beautifully as CC does it with bundled cabling. I feel like building a big system with buildcraft gates to measure the amount of machines that are busy or like the power storage left. Would absolutely be cool. But can a computer read all colors of rednet at once?

I'm pretty sure the ComputerCraft folks are working on this. I suspect it'll be in their next release.

jpop100
    jpop100

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostSourcerorman, on 24 April 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

How do I get the new api?

http://ic2api.player....115.304-lf.zip

From here: http://ic2api.player...080/job/IC2_lf/

I have MFR 2.5.0-611 and IC2 1.115.304-lf working together with no problems.

Sourcerorman

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Finally! Thank you to power crystals, Emys and jpop for your help. ic2 finally works.

power crystals
  • Minecraft: powercrystals

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostJustHev, on 24 April 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

And a other small feature request: Could you make rednet cable like that, that when you click it with a color of wool in your hand, that it will change to that color of wool, without consuming the wool?
As Emy said, the CC guys are working on it so you can treat rednet cable just like RP2 bundled wire. Also, it works with vanilla dyes to change color as is. I guess I could add wool (and ceramic dye) support.
Posted Image
INFORMATION WANTS TO BE WRONG

sondrex
    sondrex

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Minecraft: sondrex76

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

can you make an greg tech recipe for power converters, i can maby try to make an recipe for every one of them and write the version i want, but i just want an realy high tect recipe and greg tech have that (you could make an TE version or ic2 maby to)
i am sondrex but you can call me sondrex76 if somebody know a forum admin can you tell me i realy want to talk with them about why i got banned for no reason at all.

Darkrhen
    Darkrhen

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

View Postpower crystals, on 24 April 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

What do you want from brewing that the vanilla stand can't handle?

is not like the brewing stand isnt good enough at what i does, and with the help of a hopper i gets even better when you want to make specific potions without being switching ingredients every 20 seconds.

anyway, given the fact that almost everything is already automatized in someway thanks to your mod i though about one of the few things that was not automatized yet.

i have a general idea about how your machine could work in its gui, i will try to explain here more or less but sorry in advanced for my english.

the machine could use all the bars of other machines, because in my opinion an autobrewer should requiere power to function, the liquid bar could be used to store water. then i am thinking some input slots. one should be for empty bottles and then there could be space for ingredientes. these spaces should be numbered in some sort like the selected slot of a turle in computercraft, that can rotate. then you put your ingredients in the order that you want, in case of a extended swift potion the order should be:

nether wart, sugar, redstone

and the machine automatically uses some of the water to fill the bottles and uses one of each of the ingredients to give you 3 extended swift potions in other 3 output slots in less time than a brewing stand would make them because is using power. or if you dont want to use power then i should take the same time i suppose.

the ingredient part could be made in different ways also, for example having a buffer for items like the liquidcrafter and then making a "template" with the order of the ingredientes in other row from left to right for example.

is hope is clear enough. i can try to make a paint image if not.

again is not like the vanilla brewing stand is not good enough, not saying either that you should make this machine, is just that potion brewing is one of the few things that this mod had to automatize to basically have everything in vanilla minecraft automatized in some way.

Peppe
    Peppe

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1215 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Just wanted to say MFR is awesome!

Started a 1.4.7 world a couple weeks back and limited myself to just MFR for farming.  One machine led to another and many babies were made.

Farming got me into breeding machines and then the grinder.  

Eventually added on the auto-spawner.  That is just an awesome block and like that it requires something to spawn each mob.  Uninstalled soulshards as a result.  

Looking to go to 1.5 world now that I don't need half the mods I thought i did.

Everything in your mods works so well together.  Feel like all i need is Applied Energistics, Thermal Expansion, and your mods as my core then some content mods for stuff to do :P