Latest News Article

[1.5.1/1.5.2] PowerCrystals' mods - The updates never stop

• Please log in to reply
3371 replies to this topic

power crystals
  • Minecraft: powercrystals

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

POPULAR

You must download a PC Core build correct for 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. All the other mods work in both, but PC Core must match your Minecraft versions. A link is provided for both versions.

Contents PowerCrystals Core

Putting this one first so people see it. You need this for any mod of  mine to work. Place in coremods, not mods.

In particular, all of my mods built on this now have update notification! You can disable this if you wish in PowerCrystalsCore.cfg.

Download
1.1.6 for Minecraft 1.5.2
1.1.5 for Minecraft 1.5.1
This is a coremod. It goes in coremods, not mods. Make sure you get the correct one for your Minecraft version.
Requires Forge. Built against 652/684 (for 1.5.1/1.5.2), may not work with earlier versions.

Changes
Spoiler:

MineFactory Reloaded
Posted Image

Videos
Direwolf has a 3-part spotlight:

KirinDave has videos on RedNet:

Wylker covers the Programmable RedNet Controller:

Spoiler: Old Videos

If you're thinking "haven't I seen this somewhere else", well, you probably have. The original MineFactory dates back to beta 1.4 (if not 1.3, I forget). I took over around beta 1.6-1.7 and called it Reloaded, and kept up until 1.0, at which point I had to retire due to real life time shortages. I left it with TehKrush, who then gave it to AtomicStryker, and now I have it back. And now I have made a complete overhaul of the thing. You're welcome!

Spoiler: Crafting and Descriptions

Download
2.6.4 for Minecraft 1.5.1/1.5.2
Requires:
  • PowerCrystals Core (above)
  • Either Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft2, Universal Electricity, or another mod with a power system that uses one of the above APIs (like ThermalExpansion) to provide power and power transport.
MineFactory Reloaded is fully SMP compatible - place the same file on your server and start farming with your friends!

Changes
Spoiler:

Banners
Show your love for MFR:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

API
MFR has an API to allow you to add your own plants, animals, and other such things to its machines. Javadocs are provided for most everything, I think (if not, yell at me). The list of supported things you can do is:
  • Plants for plant farming
  • Mobs for the grinder
  • Sludge boiler outputs
  • Mobs for the rancher
  • Safari Net "egg color" providers
  • Random mob providers for the mystery safari net
  • Syringes
  • Liquid drinking handlers for the straw
  • "IDSU" to allow you to interface directly with the DSU's full capacity
  • RedNet connections and RedNet machines that can use all 16 subnets simultaneously
  • RedNet logic circuits
API source download - last updated for 2.6.1

Credits
  • Myself (Power Crystals), for most development work
  • Emy/Emys, who does additional development work
  • NATO_chrisjm, who did all the sprites minus the conveyor, which is the lone surviving asset from the original mod
  • CanVox, for the RedNet cable/PRC model
  • Shukaro, denoflions, GSValore, and others who have sent me pull requests that I accepted
  • All my betatesters including ldog, Brigadon, Emys, and Maiden.
  • Feanorith, for the original MineFactory
  • TehKrush/AtomicStryker/armed_troop, for maintaining it while I was gone (and doing the hard work of the 1.3/FML ports!)
  • The Forge team for Forge, Mojang for Minecraft, etc
Power Converters

Posted Image

It's here! Finally, a way to wrangle all those power systems into one central location. PowerConverters understands IC2, BuildCraft, UniversalElectricity, and Railcraft steam.

2.x is a total rewrite. The secondary machines can now be found in MFR instead. The GeoMk2 is gone (its functionality became part of IC2 itself long ago); the Water Strainer has been replaced by the Liquid Router. The power-generating aspect of the Water Strainer is at least temporarily gone. I'm looking into some way of dealing with that in the future, but nothing yet. My apologies if you were relying on that.

Videos
allaryin made a video about the 2.1/2.2 changes:

allaryin made a video about PowerConverters:

RedstoneNightmare covered this mod, too:

And Wylker:

Spoiler: Crafting and Descriptions
Spoiler: Math

Download
2.3.1 for Minecraft 1.5.1/1.5.2

Changes
Spoiler:
Credits
  • Me, Power Crystals
  • denoflions for Factorization support
  • NATO_chrisjm for the sprites
  • All the various mod APIs this thing uses.
Nether Ores
Posted Image

Ores in the Nether! Coal, diamond, gold, iron, lapis, redstone, tin, copper, emerald, silver, lead, uranium, and nikolite. Non-vanilla ores only spawn if a mod that uses them exists. All nether ores turn into their surface counterparts in a furnace - some (like redstone or coal) may need to be smacked with a pick or macerated to be made useful.

New in 2.x is the return of the not-bizarrely-bright texture, new ores, and way more config options! Now you can control how often nether ores spawn on a per-ore basis!

Download
2.1.5 for Minecraft 1.5.2
Requires PowerCrystals Core above to function.

Changes
Spoiler:

Credits
  • Me, Power Crystals
  • AtomicStryker and crew for maintaining this while I was gone
  • KingLemming from ThermalExpansion for letting me use some of his sprites as a basis
  • NLZ for improving my sprites and letting me use his
Flat Bedrock

Yes, you can do this with superflat customization, and there's a few other mods, but this is simpler than the customize dialog (especially for servers) and doesn't need any base class edits. I don't expect this will be especially popular but hey if I'm using it myself why not make it available for download anyway?

Only takes effect during world generation, so it will only affect new chunks.

There's no picture because seriously, it's just flat bedrock. No config file either because what on earth are you going to configure?

Download
1.1.1 for Minecraft 1.5.1/1.5.2
Requires PowerCrystals Core (above).

Works on servers too.

Changes
Spoiler:

Other Stuff

MC 1.4 builds
PC Core 1.0.3 (build 34)
MFR 2.3.2 (build 287)
Power Converters 2.2.2 (build 30)
Nether Ores 2.0.6 (build 33)
Flat Bedrock 1.0.3 (build 16)

License (all mods)
Free for non-commercial use. You are free to include any of my mods in any modpacks or server-specific packs without needing to ask permission (but it'd be nice to hear if you do!), provided something either in the download or on your site lists me as the creator. You are also free to produce Bukkit ports. A link to this thread would be nice for any of the above, but that's all I ask.

You also have implied permission to build mods that depend on PowerCrystalsCore, if you want some of the functionality in there.

Source Code
I have a GitHub account! Feel free to check out how my stuff is programmed for your curiosity or even your own use, or just follow to see when I post bugfixes so you can laugh at how bad I am at programming. You may not claim source code from here wholesale as your own; if you're in doubt, just ask me.

Beta Builds
I use a Jenkins system for builds. This means you can, if you want, use a pre-release build. These are not supported. Do not include betas in modpacks. Side effects may include:
  • Worlds not loading or even being corrupted
  • API breaking changes from beta to beta, or beta to release
  • Save format changes between betas
In short, don't trust anything. They're provided so you can get a preview of what's to come, or so I can link you to a beta if you find a nasty bug and I can't do a full release right now.

Betas are tagged as "#.#.#B#" and release candidates as "#.#.#RC#". RCs should be safe from world corruption or other major breaking changes but may still be buggy.

If you've read all that and still want to try one, go here.

Contact
This thread mainly, obviously. Please do not PM me for support; I reserve the right to ignore any such PMs (stuff specific to one server, etc, that will never be relevant to another person is fine). And I can be found in #powercrystalsmods on EsperNet IRC if you're so inclined, I'm mostly only around in the evenings.

I don't really need the money, but some people have asked me to provide this, so here you go.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
INFORMATION WANTS TO BE WRONG

Register or log in to remove.

sct
    sct

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Welcome back MFR. You were missed.

mekrod
    mekrod

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

wow good mod Posted Image i never seen this before

TheAttendee
  • Minecraft: The Attendee
  • Xbox:A Non E Mass

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

MFR returns? And with BC & IC2 compatibility?

This was a pleasant surprise. Welcome back, PC.

Posted Image

Also see: The Attendee's HD Texture Upgrades for Mods (RP2, BC, IC2, & More!)

AniMaid
    AniMaid

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

You are the worst powercrystals, the absolute worst.

... <3

KingLemmingCoFH
  • Minecraft: KingLemmingCoFH

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

So is this now MFR^2?

Nice work btw. :)
Posted Image

power crystals

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

Added API info.

View PostKingLemmingCoFH, on 03 January 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

So is this now MFR^2?

Nice work btw. Posted Image

I considered "MineFactory Revolutions" but that seemed too corny even by my standards. Now where's my omniwrench with hammer mode? :P
Posted Image

NATO_chrisjm

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

A friend of mine who did all the sprites

*cough* :P

Kane_Hart
    Kane_Hart

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1674 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Sweet mod from what I recall but I rather not have to look for a replacement again :(
xxxxxx

power crystals

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

View PostKane_Hart, on 03 January 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

Sweet mod from what I recall but I rather not have to look for a replacement again Posted Image

A risk you run with every mod, really. I won't hold it against you if you think I'm going to be too unreliable to use this thing - but I assure you that after the amount of work I put into making this version 2.0 I plan to stick around for a while because if nothing else I want to see people actually enjoying the fruits of my labor. That's why I do this, after all. And hey, worst case, if I drop off the face of the earth again, at least if people have used it enough maybe other modders will want to incorporate the features into their own stuff as usually happens when old mods die. Besides, it's been maintained this whole time, it's not like it was gone until I showed up again right now.

What I'm saying is I understand, but you should totally use it anyway - it can only help you.

ps I actually remember you - hi!
Posted Image

Phraeyl
    Phraeyl

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Hey, it still seems like there is a power leak from the planter (at least from BC power).  I started a new world, and it did the same thing.  It looks like it 'overdraws' power when it plants, and once it's overdrawn, it starts draining power when it's not being used.

http://i.imgur.com/zcY62.png

Edit:  It looks like it's not just the planter that's doing it.  The harvester is as well.
Edit2:  Actually, it seems unrelated to the overdrawing.  They both seem to leak BC power.

RandomMoped
  • Minecraft: Yourdoingitwrong
  • Xbox:A Random Moped

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

yay
no more having 2 different kinds of steel xD
By the way, great job with all the mod compatibility. I can finally have a fully automated flax farm :D

@shadynate

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

wow nice job with the recipes, now they are actually balanced.

AtomicStryker
  • Minecraft: AtomicStryker

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

I have indeed agreed to return these mods to him in exchange for an unstated amount of cookies. He'd better not do 2 versions then drop off the radar again.

JustHev
    JustHev

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

Awesome! Now lets poke other peeps around to make use of the API!

EDIT: Are other mods' chests supported out of the box?

denoflions
    denoflions

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Welcome back PC. I'll definitely be taking a swing at the API once I get acquainted with the new machines.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

weltallofid

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Holy.. Its not just nice to see you back, but also seeing how you already have a present for us Posted Image I used to have these in the beta minecraft but in 1.2.5 I never really managed to gt attached to them. Time to try them once more!

Also power converters coming back to development? Ugh, I am going to die from the extreme happiness.

Posted Image

denoflions
    denoflions

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Your API seems to be using powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.animals.TileEntityRancher which is obviously not in the API.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

MCXTreme
    MCXTreme

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Wow great mod.

Gonna try it out now.

Thanks

MCX
Posted Image

power crystals

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostPhraeyl, on 03 January 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

Hey, it still seems like there is a power leak from the planter (at least from BC power).  I started a new world, and it did the same thing.  It looks like it 'overdraws' power when it plants, and once it's overdrawn, it starts draining power when it's not being used.

http://i.imgur.com/zcY62.png

Edit:  It looks like it's not just the planter that's doing it.  The harvester is as well.
Edit2:  Actually, it seems unrelated to the overdrawing.  They both seem to leak BC power.
That's certainly weird.
e: do standard BC pipes do this?

View PostJustHev, on 03 January 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

Awesome! Now lets poke other peeps around to make use of the API!

EDIT: Are other mods' chests supported out of the box?
Any IInventory instance is (this means yes).

View Postweltallofid, on 03 January 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Holy.. Its not just nice to see you back, but also seeing how you already have a present for us Posted Image I used to have these in the beta minecraft but in 1.2.5 I never really managed to gt attached to them. Time to try them once more!

Also power converters coming back to development? Ugh, I am going to die from the extreme happiness.
I plan to. I do have a day job so I can't work as fast as I used to, though.

View Postdenoflions, on 03 January 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

Your API seems to be using powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.animals.TileEntityRancher which is obviously not in the API.
Uhhh. Well, I'll have to change that to just be an IInventory param instead. Good job me. I'll fix that tonight.
Posted Image