You must download a PC Core build correct for 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. All the other mods work in both, but PC Core must match your Minecraft versions. A link is provided for both versions.
- PowerCrystals Core (Download)
- MineFactory Reloaded (Download - Videos - Description - Banners - API)
- Power Converters (Download - Videos - Description)
- Nether Ores (Download)
- Flat Bedrock (Download)
- Older Builds
- Licence - Source Code - Beta Builds - Contact/IRC - Donate
Putting this one first so people see it. You need this for any mod of mine to work. Place in coremods, not mods.
In particular, all of my mods built on this now have update notification! You can disable this if you wish in PowerCrystalsCore.cfg.
1.1.6 for Minecraft 1.5.2
1.1.5 for Minecraft 1.5.1
This is a coremod. It goes in coremods, not mods. Make sure you get the correct one for your Minecraft version.
Requires Forge. Built against 652/684 (for 1.5.1/1.5.2), may not work with earlier versions.
Wylker covers the Programmable RedNet Controller:
Wylker covers the entire mod including new content in a two-part series:
BevoLJ covers the entire mod as well in a two-part series of his own:
If you're thinking "haven't I seen this somewhere else", well, you probably have. The original MineFactory dates back to beta 1.4 (if not 1.3, I forget). I took over around beta 1.6-1.7 and called it Reloaded, and kept up until 1.0, at which point I had to retire due to real life time shortages. I left it with TehKrush, who then gave it to AtomicStryker, and now I have it back. And now I have made a complete overhaul of the thing. You're welcome!
Updating from 2.3.x to 2.4.x and higher will cause Ice Bricks and Glowstone Bricks to become each other. I apologize.
2.5.4 for Minecraft 1.5.1
- PowerCrystals Core (above)
- Either Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft2, Universal Electricity, or another mod with a power system that uses one of the above APIs (like ThermalExpansion) to provide power and power transport.
Show your love for MFR:
MFR has an API to allow you to add your own plants, animals, and other such things to its machines. Javadocs are provided for most everything, I think (if not, yell at me). The list of supported things you can do is:
- Plants for plant farming
- Mobs for the grinder
- Sludge boiler outputs
- Mobs for the rancher
- Safari Net "egg color" providers
- Random mob providers for the mystery safari net
- Liquid drinking handlers for the straw
- "IDSU" to allow you to interface directly with the DSU's full capacity
- RedNet connections and RedNet machines that can use all 16 subnets simultaneously
- RedNet logic circuits
- Myself (Power Crystals), for most development work
- Emy/Emys, who does additional development work
- NATO_chrisjm, who did all the sprites minus the conveyor, which is the lone surviving asset from the original mod
- CanVox, for the RedNet cable/PRC model
- Shukaro, denoflions, GSValore, and others who have sent me pull requests that I accepted
- All my betatesters including ldog, Brigadon, Emys, and Maiden.
- Feanorith, for the original MineFactory
- TehKrush/AtomicStryker/armed_troop, for maintaining it while I was gone (and doing the hard work of the 1.3/FML ports!)
- The Forge team for Forge, Mojang for Minecraft, etc
It's here! Finally, a way to wrangle all those power systems into one central location. PowerConverters understands IC2, BuildCraft, UniversalElectricity, and Railcraft steam.
2.x is a total rewrite. The secondary machines can now be found in MFR instead. The GeoMk2 is gone (its functionality became part of IC2 itself long ago); the Water Strainer has been replaced by the Liquid Router. The power-generating aspect of the Water Strainer is at least temporarily gone. I'm looking into some way of dealing with that in the future, but nothing yet. My apologies if you were relying on that.
allaryin made a video about the 2.1/2.2 changes:
allaryin made a video about PowerConverters:
RedstoneNightmare covered this mod, too:
2.3.0 for Minecraft 1.5.1
- Me, Power Crystals
- denoflions for Factorization support
- NATO_chrisjm for the sprites
- All the various mod APIs this thing uses.
Ores in the Nether! Coal, diamond, gold, iron, lapis, redstone, tin, copper, emerald, silver, lead, uranium, and nikolite. Non-vanilla ores only spawn if a mod that uses them exists. All nether ores turn into their surface counterparts in a furnace - some (like redstone or coal) may need to be smacked with a pick or macerated to be made useful.
New in 2.x is the return of the not-bizarrely-bright texture, new ores, and way more config options! Now you can control how often nether ores spawn on a per-ore basis!
2.1.3 for Minecraft 1.5.1
Requires PowerCrystals Core above to function.
- Me, Power Crystals
- AtomicStryker and crew for maintaining this while I was gone
- KingLemming from ThermalExpansion for letting me use some of his sprites as a basis
- NLZ for improving my sprites and letting me use his
Yes, you can do this with superflat customization, and there's a few other mods, but this is simpler than the customize dialog (especially for servers) and doesn't need any base class edits. I don't expect this will be especially popular but hey if I'm using it myself why not make it available for download anyway?
Only takes effect during world generation, so it will only affect new chunks.
There's no picture because seriously, it's just flat bedrock. No config file either because what on earth are you going to configure?
1.1.1 for Minecraft 1.5.1
Requires PowerCrystals Core (above).
Works on servers too.
MC 1.4 builds
PC Core 1.0.3 (build 34)
MFR 2.3.2 (build 287)
Power Converters 2.2.2 (build 30)
Nether Ores 2.0.6 (build 33)
Flat Bedrock 1.0.3 (build 16)
License (all mods)
Free for non-commercial use. You are free to include any of my mods in any modpacks or server-specific packs without needing to ask permission (but it'd be nice to hear if you do!), provided something either in the download or on your site lists me as the creator. You are also free to produce Bukkit ports. A link to this thread would be nice for any of the above, but that's all I ask.
You also have implied permission to build mods that depend on PowerCrystalsCore, if you want some of the functionality in there.
I have a GitHub account! Feel free to check out how my stuff is programmed for your curiosity or even your own use, or just follow to see when I post bugfixes so you can laugh at how bad I am at programming. You may not claim source code from here wholesale as your own; if you're in doubt, just ask me.
I use a Jenkins system for builds. This means you can, if you want, use a pre-release build. These are not supported. Do not include betas in modpacks. Side effects may include:
- Worlds not loading or even being corrupted
- API breaking changes from beta to beta, or beta to release
- Save format changes between betas
Betas are tagged as "#.#.#B#" and release candidates as "#.#.#RC#". RCs should be safe from world corruption or other major breaking changes but may still be buggy.
If you've read all that and still want to try one, go here.
This thread mainly, obviously. Please do not PM me for support; I reserve the right to ignore any such PMs (stuff specific to one server, etc, that will never be relevant to another person is fine). And I can be found in #powercrystalsmods on EsperNet IRC if you're so inclined, I'm mostly only around in the evenings.
I don't really need the money, but some people have asked me to provide this, so here you go.