Latest News Article

Minecraft server from USA to Phillipines

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

DesiredCobalt
  • Minecraft: Sinrenity
  • Xbox:I have PS3 :l

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Is a connection from the United States to the Phillipines supposed to be bad? Because I have a friend there and the server is laggy!!! And when she joins my server, it always say, disconnect.genericreason.

I need to solve this in order to start a Minecraft series called Minecraft Relationship. If you'd like to check it out, here www.youtube.com/acceleratedgaminghd

Additional details:

I have a portforwarded server and it's EXTREMELY laggy for her.
But she has a hamachi server and it still lags ALOT but a little bit less.
I love making YouTube videos for Minecraft Pocket Edition. Check me out @DesiredCobalt!

Register or log in to remove.

Syfaro
    Syfaro

Retired Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 5209 posts
  • Minecraft: Syfaro

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Nothing is supposed to be bad, but it can.

Are you running off a home internet connection?

Minecraft API - A JSON API for fetching information about Minecraft & Minecraft servers

Read my blog about tech stuff!

DesiredCobalt

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostSyfaro, on 03 January 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

Nothing is supposed to be bad, but it can.

Are you running off a home internet connection?
Yes, but it's pretty fast, it gets about 7-12 Mbps download and 1.55 upload
I love making YouTube videos for Minecraft Pocket Edition. Check me out @DesiredCobalt!

Syfaro
    Syfaro

Retired Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 5209 posts
  • Minecraft: Syfaro

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Yeah... that's not going to work. That upload speed is already almost to the point of not working.

You can get a small professionally hosted Minecraft server from about $3 a month.

Minecraft API - A JSON API for fetching information about Minecraft & Minecraft servers

Read my blog about tech stuff!

DesiredCobalt

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

View PostSyfaro, on 03 January 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

Yeah... that's not going to work. That upload speed is already almost to the point of not working.

You can get a small professionally hosted Minecraft server from about $3 a month.
Hmm. How much do you think the upload speed has to be to not lag? And where can I find the cheap hosts

zlRadio
    zlRadio

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 221 posts
  • Minecraft: zlRadio

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostDesiredCobalt, on 03 January 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

Hmm. How much do you think the upload speed has to be to not lag? And where can I find the cheap hosts

It all depends on the amount of players you would like on your server and your system specs.

As far in terms of upload speed, i believe you need about .25Mbps per player which would mean you could have 6 players

In terms of your cpu, i can't say too much. However if your computer isn't all that great, your server may lag if your running both the server and playing on it.

You also come into the issue where you may be recording with minecraft; in which case if your trying to play minecraft, record at the same time, and host a server. Chances are you won't be able to do all of that. In which case you are better off trying to either have a friend host it or rent a small server. And here is the section for the many hosts.

Posted Image Posted Image

DesiredCobalt

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

View PostzlRadio, on 03 January 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

It all depends on the amount of players you would like on your server and your system specs.

As far in terms of upload speed, i believe you need about .25Mbps per player which would mean you could have 6 players

In terms of your cpu, i can't say too much. However if your computer isn't all that great, your server may lag if your running both the server and playing on it.

You also come into the issue where you may be recording with minecraft; in which case if your trying to play minecraft, record at the same time, and host a server. Chances are you won't be able to do all of that. In which case you are better off trying to either have a friend host it or rent a small server. And here is the section for the many hosts.
Here's my system specs. Hope it helps. Processor is AMD A8 APU with Radeon HD graphics 2.89 GHz and 16 GB ram

minecrafterwork
  • Minecraft: minecrafterwork

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

If you are willing to spend a couple of dollars you could find yourself a decent host in the Hosting section of the forums

-- Certified HTML, Java --

-- Experienced C++, Python, PhP, Javascript, MySQL, ROR --