Latest News Article

A way to filter Creepers?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Gammarik
  • Minecraft: gammarik

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Hi all!

I am looking to build a Creeper/Gunpowder farm. All i was able to find on YouTube was hacking with Creeper spawners. I know that creepers has the same overall hitbox as Zombies and Skeletons so it would be near impossible to filter them, but I just want to be sure Posted Image Do you know of any way? Posted Image

I have an idea myself, but i need a way to push mobs that push slower than water. Is there such a way?

Thank you in advance!

/gammarik

Edited by Gammarik, 02 January 2013 - 10:48 AM.

Posted Image
Try my custom map:

Register or log in to remove.

Jundi
    Jundi

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

maybe a room with glass ceiling exposed to the sky, so all other mobs burn down??

Gammarik

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostJundi, on 02 January 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

maybe a room with glass ceiling exposed to the sky, so all other mobs burn down??
Hmm. That could be one idea.. I was going to make it so all the other mobs items would be collected somewhere else, but maybe i should just combine them and make one big mob trap... That would propably be the easiest way.

Posted Image
Try my custom map:

Jundi
    Jundi

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostGammarik, on 02 January 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Hmm. That could be one idea.. I was going to make it so all the other mobs items would be collected somewhere else, but maybe i should just combine them and make one big mob trap... That would propably be the easiest way.

:D Glad to be helpful

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4850 posts
  • Location: I could probably put an overused/bad joke here, but instead I put this when I should be telling the world my location.
  • Minecraft: Giygas924

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Assuming you aren't using water to push them, that is.

Posted ImageDid something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?Posted Image‚Äč

EmberDragon
  • Minecraft: SirHiss

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

It would probably just be easier to make a universal spawner over attempting to filter them.
Posted Image

WaveJones
  • Minecraft: WaveJones
  • Xbox:WaveJones

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

OCELOTS.

Posted Image

Gammarik

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostWaveJones, on 02 January 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

OCELOTS.
See, that was my idea, but i had to do something with the rest of the mobs, so i made the mobs fall into water and next to the water, some ocelots were sitting, and the creepers were supposed to go aginst the stream, and into a collection pit, but they can't go aginst the stream. That was why i needed a way to move mobs without water..

Posted Image
Try my custom map:

tqnism
    tqnism

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Maybe some way of water pulses? So that creepers try to avoid cats and run away from them when water is not flowing and get out of the conveyer?
Problem is that you can not achieve 100% separation, you will probably have some zombies and skeletons in creeper area and vice versa.

Other option would be golems, snow or iron, since they ignore creepers, but all those flowing arrows and snowballs will probably cause some explosions.

Zombies attack villagers, it should be possible to get them out of the way using some villagers as bite.

cxmaster
    cxmaster

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • Minecraft: AwedEven
  • Xbox:CxMaster

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Actually, the water flowing through would prevent block damage
Posted Image
Did help you or show you something cool. Click that green + and help me.