• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do I add more commands to my Minecraft Server?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

sandsfable

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

I have a minecraft server but the only commands I have are the basics, like /give, /op, /tp etc.

In singleplayer I got the Single Player Commands mod and it gives you commands like "/explode", "/spawn", "/home", and you can even change your spawn location and everything. These are sometimes in multiplayer servers that I joined (i saw /toolkit and others).

I'm wondering how to get these on my server. Any help wud be appreciated :D

Register or log in to remove.

sandsfable

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

bump

sandsfable

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:33 PM

anybody. any help. pls.

Wangster
    Wangster

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 556 posts
  • Minecraft: BeardedVillain

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:33 PM

If you have bukkit you can get plugins that add commands. If not then your stuck with what you get

sandsfable

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:33 PM

Wangster said:

If you have bukkit you can get plugins that add commands. If not then your stuck with what you get

I just got Bukkit. Where exactly do I put the craftbukkit.jar? And which add ons will get me commands? Is there a special way to install the addons?

ridid44
    ridid44

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

Yes you need bukkit, you set up the server like any other server software. The plugin you really need is general. You just download it and place the.jar in the plugins folder you will probably also need the permissions plugin to go along with it.

epicsause

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

I use SimpleServer. It is compatible with bukkit and other mods as well.
Just download the minecraft server JAR and SimpleServer. Extract simpleserver. Move the files to the same directory as the mc server jar. Run the launch bat twice. Wellah! SimpleServer comes with whitelist, kits, motd, and lots of common stuff you see on servers. It's my favorite because of the ease of install and management.

sandsfable

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:31 AM

epicsause said:

I use SimpleServer. It is compatible with bukkit and other mods as well.
Just download the minecraft server JAR and SimpleServer. Extract simpleserver. Move the files to the same directory as the mc server jar. Run the launch bat twice. Wellah! SimpleServer comes with whitelist, kits, motd, and lots of common stuff you see on servers. It's my favorite because of the ease of install and management.

thanks man!

tnmjimbob

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

for 1.1, flan has made a server mod, use this link
http://www.mediafire...cmr3aq0q55xziz1
it adds more commands. try it.

Craftaholic
  • Minecraft: B_phillips41

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

I dont have a bukkit server can i add commands to that?