Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Monstrous minecraft map project : Alagaësia

alagaësia eragon map worldpainter role play huge gigantic project

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Glaerd
    Glaerd

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: GlaerdTheOne

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

The topic you're going to read is an outdated version !
Go check the new one here !

http://www.minecraft...-x-5000-blocks/

Hello people,

I have a project. I've been for these past two months recreating a fantasy world. You might know what i'm talking about if you ever read the book Eragon or any of the books of the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. This world is called Alagaësia. If you never heard of it, it looks like this :

Posted Image

As you can see, it is gigantic! In the book, Eragon travels on the back of a dragon from the top to the bottom of the map, it took two days of flight. So, if we consider that a dragon flies at 50 km per hour, this map is 3000 km long and 2000 km wide...
Even if the scale is not respected, i reproduced this map in 7000 blocks long and 5000 blocks wide.
It is pretty similar to Alagaësia as I think it would look like because I also took care about the elements of description of the landscape told in the book.
Well, let me show you the result :

Posted Image

I can assure you that it has taken a hell lot of work! I've done it with worldpainter, and it can be converted into a minecraft map!
This will be a one year project. So, I'll need a server and motivated people investing time to build the villages and cities of Alagaësia. You can send me a message with your mail address in it if you are interested! I hope that this project will be a success. Lets make this fantasy world real!

Glaerd

Register or log in to remove.

Kianon
    Kianon

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Minecraft: Kianon
  • Xbox:Kianon

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

ooooooh!!! something that caught my attention! I am interested in this. I might help, but with school starting back up tomorrow I have no time whatsoever. I will try and see if I can make time, but in the meantime I will have to opt-out.

himan935
  • Minecraft: notchjp

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

dont forget, almost all of the beor mountains are snow-capped, year round. on the map, only a few of them are
Posted Image

Glaerd
    Glaerd

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Well, that can be fixed, but I've made this topic to know if people would like to create a big server with one goal : recreate Alagaësia!

_Krose_
    _Krose_

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

This is extremely impressive! I wish the films had been better and had continued for the entirety of the book series, so that you would have something beside words to guide you with the next step. It will be hard, but arguably the hardest has been done! Well done and good luck with the project! Will you include the dragons/ what time will it be set in? Which book?
Posted Image

Glaerd
    Glaerd

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I think there are two possibilities to set the time of this world.
The first one would be a territory to conquer, so it would be first of all, the arrival of dragons, then elves, dwarfs, urgals, and finally humans. This story would then be thousands of years before the books.
The other possibility would be to continue the plot of organizing a new empire after the destruction of Alagaësia in the last book so there would be fights against cities and alliances to make to conquer the biggest territory of Alagaësia. We could, by this way, continue the story of Christopher Paolini in our own way!
But, that can be decide later on...
For the dragons, I'm thinking on it but it will be harsh to install this on a server...

dinikus
    dinikus

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

hey i am dinikus and i amfan of eragon books i would love to bild alageasia with you.
ign: dinikus

mattyman527

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

I would happily join in and give you a hand, I ahve read all the books myself so i have a pretty good idea of what it would look like.

WebRep

Overall rating

This site has no rating
(not enough votes)

Hellomynameis99
  • Minecraft: Hellomynameis99

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

Wow, great minds think alike! I, along with a few friends have been doing this - the exact same thing! (:
Hellomynameis99, Owner of MCAlagaesia!
Posted Image

Glaerd
    Glaerd

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

This post is now outdated ! go check for the new one here :

http://www.minecraft...-x-5000-blocks/