5 replies to this topic

KingTrygon
    KingTrygon

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • Minecraft: KingTrygon

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

I love enchanting and repairing and spend a lot of gameplay time messing around with the systems that it involves. Enchanting books are an addition I have gotten a lot of use out of, however there are some changes I think would improve it.

- I think that you should be able to combine enchanted books with the anvil like you can normal tools to get better enchants. This would make up for certain high level enchants being harder to get.

- I think you should be able to disenchant items. So you put the item in the first slot and the book in the second, which will produce an enchanted book in the third slot. Taking out and placing the book in the second slot randomly chooses from the items enchants, changing the enchanted books outcome. Taking the enchanted book from this would remove the enchant from the item.

The disenchanting system would do three things. It would allow you to remove enchants from items, which would help salvage items with poor enchant and help reduce repair costs. It would make it easier to get rare enchants onto books, like silk touch. And it would also make golden tools, weapons and armour a lot more useful in the game. You can take advantage of the high enchantablity of gold and then use books to capture the enchants.

Register or log in to remove.

Sandman366

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

I don't know about disenchanting, but combining should definitely be in. Toss in a little cost if that's what they're after, but combining books would make them feel much better, and actually worth the effort of crafting them yourself.

I'd like to add in that we should be able to make books that have more than a single level 1 enchantment on them. What's the point of putting anything other than 1-2 levels into a book if you'll never get anything epic? (I don't remember my biggest "waste" because of this, but it was very annoying. Something like 20 levels I think?)

KingTrygon
    KingTrygon

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 934 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

You can get better then tier 1 enchants on books. I have had quite a few high tier enchants on my books, which are all level 30s. Though books with multiple enchants would be an interesting idea, abiet likely to take away from the ability mix and match things.

Sandman366

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

Then how come I put like 12-15 levels into a book and get level 1...? :(

Icecreamking99
  • Minecraft: Icecreamking99
  • Xbox:Icecreamking99

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

These are some pretty nice ideas. I think that mojang should definitely delve deeper into the enchantment system. Perhaps a way to choose what enchantments to put onto a book?

KingTrygon
    KingTrygon

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 934 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

I am so and so about enchantment selection in game. I do feel that the enchanting system is all about risk and reward. the more you invest in it, the bigger the reward.