Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Official Chat Thread XVI: Survivors of the Apocalypse Edition


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
55708 replies to this topic

#28041

RunesGuy
    RunesGuy

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Location: The Netherlands
  • Minecraft: RunesGuy

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

And I've gotta get some sleep myself too. Cy'all tomorrow!
merp

Register or log in to remove.

#28042

AdduxP
    AdduxP

    Dial M for Murder

  • Retired Staff
  • 5464 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Wild ENTEI appeared!

Hey guys :3 How are you today?

Posted Image

I also used to have links to my Twitter and Steam profiles here but Black Ice is much more important c:


#28043

Zalvager
    Zalvager

    Farlander

  • Members
  • 17392 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostAdduxP, on 14 January 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Wild ENTEI appeared!

Hey guys :3 How are you today?
I'm dumb today.

#28044

Litagano_Motscoud
  • Location: Buried in a soup can
  • Minecraft: Plasmabeam

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostAdduxP, on 14 January 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Wild ENTEI appeared!

Hey guys :3 How are you today?
go away entei dafljkafacfkjdafhkyjea
Bad people don't stay bad forever.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28045

Acetyl
    Acetyl

    Enderman Ender

  • Members
  • 8242 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostCorvo, on 14 January 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Honestly, I'm just looking for the ability to work in a place in the video game industry that would be considered high on the corporate latter.  After that is when I would probably decide whether or not I would want to execute on my vision or not.

The thing about indie companies though, if you get into one and it takes off, it's usually very easy to gain a high-ranking job with a triple A company later on.

Just beware of the unexpected hands dabbling in what you'd otherwise consider art.

Most of my ideas tend to be on the fringe areas of game development, and I've been working on the story for one of them 5 or so years.  So I could never get involved with a company and risk diluting it.  As I said though, depends on what you have in mind.  In the end it only matters that you do what you decide is right.
-

#28046

Zalvager
    Zalvager

    Farlander

  • Members
  • 17392 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I'm a Voodoo child. Lord knows I'm a voodoo child baby!

I'm in a weird mood right now. :S

#28047

Corvo
    Corvo

    Enderdragon Slayer

  • Members
  • 13482 posts
  • Location: 'Murica

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostAcetyl, on 14 January 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Just beware of the unexpected hands dabbling in what you'd otherwise consider art.

Most of my ideas tend to be on the fringe areas of game development, and I've been working on the story for one of them 5 or so years.  So I could never get involved with a company and risk diluting it.  As I said though, depends on what you have in mind.  In the end it only matters that you do what you decide is right.
You know that feeling when you were younger and you cooked something and thought it tasted great because you were the one that made it, despite the fact that it was actually really awful?  I'm always very paranoid of that blindness, even though I think I have a good eye for this kind of stuff, so I honestly wouldn't mind a bit of opinions thrown in here and there as long as it didn't detract from the main point.

There's also the issue with indie companies that make extremely good games, but absolutely fail at advertising.  I've seen many good indie games myself and on things like TB's "This is why we can't have nice things" videos that I'm just downright dumbfounded that their popularity was so abysmal.

Posted Image


#28048

Zalvager
    Zalvager

    Farlander

  • Members
  • 17392 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostCorvo, on 14 January 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

You know that feeling when you were younger and you cooked something and thought it tasted great because you were the one that made it, despite the fact that it was actually really awful?  I'm always very paranoid of that blindness, even though I think I have a good eye for this kind of stuff, so I honestly wouldn't mind a bit of opinions thrown in here and there as long as it didn't detract from the main point.

There's also the issue with indie companies that make extremely good games, but absolutely fail at advertising.  I've seen many good indie games myself and on things like TB's "This is why we can't have nice things" videos that I'm just downright dumbfounded that their popularity was so abysmal.
You have quite a lot of experience with life.

#28049

Corvo
    Corvo

    Enderdragon Slayer

  • Members
  • 13482 posts
  • Location: 'Murica

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostZalvager, on 14 January 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

You have quite a lot of experience with life.
I do take a bit of pride in how smart I am sometimes. ^^

Posted Image


#28050

TheITGS
    TheITGS

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2575 posts
  • Location: Right behind you. With a Nokia 3310. Lethal.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostAdduxP, on 14 January 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Wild ENTEI appeared!

Hey guys :3 How are you today?
Aloha! And welcome to the.. Sorry, wrong salutation. Hello there :)

Posted Image


#28051

Zalvager
    Zalvager

    Farlander

  • Members
  • 17392 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostCorvo, on 14 January 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

I do take a bit of pride in how smart I am sometimes. ^^
Self-recognition is important. :)

#28052

CAN_Archer
    CAN_Archer

    Blaze Extinguisher

  • Members
  • 4660 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostZalvager, on 14 January 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

I'm a Voodoo child. Lord knows I'm a voodoo child baby!

I'm in a weird mood right now. :S
The last person I would think you would quote would be Jimi Hendrix, you must be under the influence of something.

Posted Image


#28053

Dextrous
    Dextrous

    Enderdragon Slayer

  • Members
  • 13164 posts
  • Location: Dawlish, Devon, England, UK.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Herro again there.

TEF IS MY GOD


#28054

CAN_Archer
    CAN_Archer

    Blaze Extinguisher

  • Members
  • 4660 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostDextrous, on 14 January 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

Herro again there.
Ew I found that piece of New Year's cheese you lost man.

Posted Image


#28055

Zalvager
    Zalvager

    Farlander

  • Members
  • 17392 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostCAN_Archer, on 14 January 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

The last person I would think you would quote would be Jimi Hendrix, you must be under the influence of something.
Why wouldn't I quote Hendrix?

#28056

Dextrous
    Dextrous

    Enderdragon Slayer

  • Members
  • 13164 posts
  • Location: Dawlish, Devon, England, UK.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostCAN_Archer, on 14 January 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

Ew I found that piece of New Year's cheese you lost man.
Umm... gimme gimme!
*eats cheese*
Umm... yum.

TEF IS MY GOD


#28057

Tucking_Fypo
  • Location: Chernobyl
  • Minecraft: TuckingFypoz
  • Xbox:Tefster

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

sup comrades

LEGENDARY PEOPLE

   Posted Image


#28058

Zalvager
    Zalvager

    Farlander

  • Members
  • 17392 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostTucking_Fypo, on 14 January 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

sup comrades
Not much. A little moody.

#28059

kernymi
    kernymi

    Farlander

  • Members
  • 16938 posts
  • Location: Mostly There
  • Minecraft: kernymi

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

I wonder if Kaeetayel is around.. :/

Posted Image

Whelp.


#28060

Tucking_Fypo
  • Location: Chernobyl
  • Minecraft: TuckingFypoz
  • Xbox:Tefster

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostZalvager, on 14 January 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Not much. A little moody.
You are never happy, it seems like it.
But I remember you using :P twise.
So that means you were in the mood once.

LEGENDARY PEOPLE

   Posted Image