Introducing the brand new Aurora making mod:
Aurora Rubealis adds curvy undulating auroras to Minecraft. They slowly become brighter as the sunsets (starting at 13000 Minecraft Time), and fade out as the sun begins to rise (22500). Like the Aurora Borealis of the real world, they will only spawn in the “northern” cold climates.
The mod does not require the client to have the mod. In other words, any player can play on a server with the mod installed and vise versa. Load on the server is very minimal, with the vast majority of the burden on the client. However, during play testing, the Auroras had minimal effect on performance (your experience may be different though).
Download and Installation instructions:
- Download Aurora mod (Direct AdF.ly Download)
- Download Minecraft Forge (recommended build 497)
- Open your minecraft.jar. It will be in your .minecraft/bin folder. For finding the .minecraft folder, search for operating system specific instructions.
- Delete Meta-INF. Failing to do so will cause issues.
- Copy the contents of the forge zip into the minecraft.jar
- Open the .minecraft/coremods folder. You can either create the folder, or run minecraft to create this folder
- Extract the aurora mod jar to the .minecraft/coremods folder.
- Streamlined version checking
- Fixed an issue when time was added. Auroras should spawn more consistently now.
This mod(Aurora Rubealis) is Copyright (Mr.Rube) and is the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.Aurora Rubealis may not be used in any mod packs without permission from the author of the mod.