Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] Basic Guns Mod! [1.6.4 Updated] [Fixed]

guns mod custom recoil rpg 1.5.2

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

ARandomHobo37

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

This Mod Is exactly what it sounds like. A Basic Gun Mod for Minecraft.
This mod has six different types of guns:
  Pistol
  SMG
  Shotgun
  LMG
  Assault Rifle
  Sniper Rifle

Each one of these has at least three attachments or more that you can choose to put on them.
Each gun is made like a real gun of that type so they are not all the same. This mod also includes an RPG and grenades. It also comes with steel as the main building material for the guns and a new set of armor...
Kevlar!
Be careful as each gun can only have attachments added once and they can't be reversed. This mod works with NEI (Not Enough Items) so if you dont know how to craft anything you can use that with my mod.

1.7.2 Updates Currently Underway.
Stay tuned for more info.

1.6.2 v1.0 UPDATES:
-Easy Install, Just drop in Mods
-Same version for Client and Server
-Kevlar Armor Temporarily Removed
-New Features Coming Soon

1.6.2 v1.1 Updates:
-Bullets Now Break Up to 3 layers of Glowstone & Glass Panes or 2 Layers of Glass blocks!

1.6.2 v1.2 Updates:
-Gun will not shoot when leaving menus!
-Player wont break blocks while shooting!

1.6.2 v1.3 Updates:
-Re-implemented Kevlar Armor

1.6.4v1.3 No Updates

1.6.4 v1.4 Updates:
-Fixed Game crash on Right Click

A little stuck right now. I am trying to make it so the guns need a magazine to work. You press 'r' when you have a mag and it loads the guns durability bar. I got the guns to have durability but it resets when dropped or the game is reloaded. If anyone knows how to fix this send me a message so i can get it working.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Unrefined Steel Must be CRAFTED on the crafting grid.

Recipes are at the bottom under Recipes!

Gun Pics:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

How to Install:
Spoiler:

Recipes:
Spoiler:

Change Log:
Spoiler:

Mod Reviews:
Spoiler:

Downloads:

Download Basic Guns Mod 1.6.4 v1.4: http://adfoc.us/18105934139694

Older Downloads:

If you have any trouble please post and i will try to help you out.
Also if you have any suggestions/changes you want/have dont be afraid to tell me.
If you want to make a mod review just send me a message to let me know and when you are finished please send me the link.

This mod is also going to be used a map i am making. It is called zombies and is modeled after CoD Zombies. It is nearly finished as all i have to do is change the swords to guns. This map is a lot of fun and has shops, a mystery box, and even a kennel!

Here is the link to the maps forum post: http://www.minecraft...od-zombies-map/

Please check it out it is super fun to play.

Tell your Friends!

Terms and Conditions:
Spoiler:

Edited by ARandomHobo37, 13 February 2014 - 07:31 AM.

Register or log in to remove.

qwertysam
    qwertysam

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Minecraft: qwertysam

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

nice and simple. Just how I like it! It has all the basic guns, and it isn't too complex!

1.) I sugguest that you can zoom the sniper in? like, maybe when you left click with the sniper, you zoom in or something.

2.) Could you provide crafting recipes on this page?

Quote my post if you want me to see your reply!

mekrod
    mekrod

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

nice mod Posted Image, simple but good

sheenrox82
  • Minecraft: sheenrox82
  • Xbox:sheenrox82

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

Very, very, impressive!

Posted Image

"Nothing is impossible, it's just that you haven't figured out a way to make it work."

ARandomHobo37

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

View Postqwertysam, on 31 December 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

nice and simple. Just how I like it! It has all the basic guns, and it isn't too complex!

1.) I sugguest that you can zoom the sniper in? like, maybe when you left click with the sniper, you zoom in or something.

2.) Could you provide crafting recipes on this page?

There are i think four different sights available for the guns. the scope works by right clicking.
I suggest NEI but i will try to put up the recipes.

ARandomHobo37

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

View Postsheenrox82, on 31 December 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Very, very, impressive!
Thanks it took me about a month to do since i am still learning.

ARandomHobo37

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

Hey guys i am thinking of adding steel tools to my mod. It would be slightly better than iron and have a longer durability. Tell me what you think and if that is what you want. I might also add steel armor.

Grandpadabassist

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Sent a PM.Followed client installation instructions but minecraft crashes. Need help installing! =)

General_Rich

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I find the recoil is a little too high for the bigger guns.
An LMG may have a good kick, but it doesn't fly into the air due to the weight of the gun. If you fire and an LMG does that in real life, then you shouldn't fire an LMG.
The assault rifle is too hard to control with its recoil. Some of use can't affort a new mouse from spamming downward trying to hit a skeleton that took a crack shot at our backs.
The sniper is (Somewhat) understandable, but a tad too high.
Other than that, this mod is so far my favorite gun mod due to all the mechanics in play and the simplicity of the mod.
A minor notice though, I noticed there is no standard barrel SMG with a foregrip AND a red dot sight.

ARandomHobo37

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostGeneral_Rich, on 03 January 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

I find the recoil is a little too high for the bigger guns.
An LMG may have a good kick, but it doesn't fly into the air due to the weight of the gun. If you fire and an LMG does that in real life, then you shouldn't fire an LMG.
The assault rifle is too hard to control with its recoil. Some of use can't affort a new mouse from spamming downward trying to hit a skeleton that took a crack shot at our backs.
The sniper is (Somewhat) understandable, but a tad too high.
Other than that, this mod is so far my favorite gun mod due to all the mechanics in play and the simplicity of the mod.
A minor notice though, I noticed there is no standard barrel SMG with a foregrip AND a red dot sight.
Hey thanks a lot i will work on the recoil and add the smg. I was having a hard time finding all of the combos

Install note:
If MC crashes on startup try running MC with forge only first and then add my mod. i think that is the problem if that doesnt help message me

Andysids
    Andysids

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Is there any possibility you can include a config file in the next update?

ARandomHobo37

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostAndysids, on 15 January 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

Is there any possibility you can include a config file in the next update?
Config file for what? the Item ids or other gun stats?

Andysids
    Andysids

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

View PostARandomHobo37, on 16 January 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

Config file for what? the Item ids or other gun stats?

For Item Ids and what not.

Nightmoore

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Normally I shy away from the gun mods, but this one does look pretty nice. Do you think it would be possible to allow compatibility with Railcraft's steel? At least an option to do so? Since steel production is much further down the line with the RC, it would make obtaining the guns feel a bit more epic.  :)

ruccoon
    ruccoon

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

hey everything's awesome except when i press the right mouse button it just shows a black screen, what should i do.   i drug everything into the minecraft.jar.

ARandomHobo37

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

View Postruccoon, on 16 January 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

hey everything's awesome except when i press the right mouse button it just shows a black screen, what should i do.   i drug everything into the minecraft.jar.
Make sure you put the BasicGuns_mod folder in the jar and not in one of the jars folders

View PostNightmoore, on 16 January 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

Normally I shy away from the gun mods, but this one does look pretty nice. Do you think it would be possible to allow compatibility with Railcraft's steel? At least an option to do so? Since steel production is much further down the line with the RC, it would make obtaining the guns feel a bit more epic.  Posted Image
Im not exactly sure how to do that. If you have any ideas let me know and ill look into it.

spicymango

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

WOW!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! finally a gun mod that is not to complex, but really really AWESOME!!!  great work!  Can't wait for the map!

ARandomHobo37

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

View Postspicymango, on 17 January 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

WOW!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! finally a gun mod that is not to complex, but really really AWESOME!!!  great work!  Can't wait for the map!
I got the map finished so be looking for the link within the next few days

ghosteez

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Did a mod review of this on my channel :)

deadbuilder1
  • Minecraft: Deadbuilder

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Woah! Dude this is epic!