Latest News Article

[1.5.x / 1.6.x] Applied Energistics [ rv 13 c ] - Exploiting Quantum Mechanics

forge smp ssp 1.5.2 1.6.2 1.5.1

• Please log in to reply
3048 replies to this topic

TemplarThano

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Thanks man

I appreciate the hard work you have put into this mod so far and I must say its shaping up to be a "must have" mod.
Cant wait to see what you have in store for the future.

Register or log in to remove.

ShaneDarkholme

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Awesome, man, this mod is really really quickly becoming one of my favourite mods; fast updates, responding to everyone, awesome concept, excellent execution! Loving every part of it! Keep it up :D

DigitalLunacy

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you a million million times dude, this mod is soo epic. almost got all the very best of 4 or 5 mods i can think of all in one nice compact idea and its very very nice to see.

The biggest thanks comes from me not having to use factorization anymore for barrels OMG that mod is trashy IMO (sorry neptunepink) all i used was them, now i get infinite storage with lag free pipes? and auto crafting with RP2 type templates? what more can i possibly say...

Keep it up man GREAT mod!

joeyjam
    joeyjam

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1134 posts
  • Minecraft: joeyjam

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostKingLemmingCoFH, on 27 January 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

You have a mod that is including the TE API in its zip file. IT SHOULD NOT BE DOING THIS (and the modder should be smacked). The mod is likely Applied Energetics. You can fix this by opening the zip file and removing the /thermalexpansion folder.

Just pointing this out. I was getting the crash that was being caused by this, and it's now fixed after removing that folder.

AlgorithmX2
    AlgorithmX2

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 980 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

View Postjoeyjam, on 27 January 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Just pointing this out. I was getting the crash that was being caused by this, and it's now fixed after removing that folder.
Good to know, I'll fix this next release.

AlgorithmX2
    AlgorithmX2

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 980 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Releasing a small patch because my next major release is a few days off and this is to solve a problem which will only escalate, as time passes.

This release is to fix a crash I'm causing with my integration with TE.

rv4 Build E is released.

JustHev
    JustHev

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Small derp in 4e: It thinks it is still 4d, and wants an update...

Ev3rM1n3r
  • Minecraft: ev3rm0r3

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Are you considering making this a peripheral so it can be used with ComputerCraft at all.  So computers could see what was in the drives and be able to call it out and such?  Would make logistics pipes worthless if you did.
Posted Image

TemplarThano

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostEv3rM1n3r, on 27 January 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

Are you considering making this a peripheral so it can be used with ComputerCraft at all.  So computers could see what was in the drives and be able to call it out and such?  Would make logistics pipes worthless if you did.

I think Algorithm is trying to avoid purposely obsoleting other mods

AlgorithmX2
    AlgorithmX2

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 980 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostJustHev, on 27 January 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

Small derp in 4e: It thinks it is still 4d, and wants an update...
Sorry about that, if it has been bugging anyone I've updated the zip file on the links so you can snag another copy with that fixed.

That will teach me to release updates at 8am... ( after being awake all night/day )

View PostEv3rM1n3r, on 27 January 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

While I disagree on the worthless part, I have a few thoughts in mind for something to add for CC.

LP can still make some automation more compact with their awesome module system too and since their Pipes, they can also do somethings ME Cannot.

AlgorithmX2
    AlgorithmX2

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 980 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Just want to let everyone know about a feature that's a little ahead of its time, ( aka a bug ) in the most recent version,

ME Chest says it requires power to open it ( when its on its own and not in a network ), this can be solved by either plugging in a power supply IC2 or BC, ( it will drain some power to fill its buffer. ) and it will then work fine, or you can use them in a network they will drain power from the controller which knows it shouldn't be using power yet.

This will technically work as intended in rv5, so if its part of your permanent setup, you might just want to plug it in to you power grid..

also a small bug with Wrenches not rotating the import bus at the moment.

ShaneDarkholme

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Crafting using export bus causes somewhere between a small bit of lag and a huge amount of lag, depending on whether or not machines are involved, it seems.

Stiepen
    Stiepen

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Minecraft: Kilobyte22

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

This needs to get more attention, seriously. Someone linked this on IRC (ThermalExpansion channel fyi) to me and i was like

[13:31:38] <@Kilobyte> wow
[13:31:42] <@Kilobyte> that mod is awesome
and yeah, hoping you add more stuff Posted Image maybe computercraft interaction? or an API (would appreciate that a lot since i'm a small modder myself)? Anyways, can't wait for new stuff
Posted Image <-- awesome mod with awesome irc channel :D

Hydrogen
    Hydrogen

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1265 posts
  • Minecraft: TangentDelta

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostStiepen, on 28 January 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

This needs to get more attention, seriously.
Direwolf20 is currently in the IRC channel, lurking as he usually does.
Rule 90: 110 100 011 001

AlgorithmX2
    AlgorithmX2

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 980 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostShaneDarkholme, on 28 January 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Crafting using export bus causes somewhere between a small bit of lag and a huge amount of lag, depending on whether or not machines are involved, it seems.
I'll take a look at this.

View PostStiepen, on 28 January 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

an API (would appreciate that a lot since i'm a small modder myself)? Anyways, can't wait for new stuff
If anyone has something in mind let me know, I've got something which resembles an API, I just haven't released it publicly yet, but I'd be happy to work any other modders to try and make some stuff available if I can.

thatsIch

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Just out of curiosity: are you the one on Reddit who asked if this mod will be popular, if you would re-work it?

AlgorithmX2
    AlgorithmX2

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 980 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostBadhard, on 29 January 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Just out of curiosity: are you the one on Reddit who asked if this mod will be popular, if you would re-work it?
Nope.

Edit: Quick update for people stopping by the thread, I've got lots of cool stuff in the works for rv5, some stuff will be changing with the auto crafting setup ( more on this later ), ME will start using power, and i'll be adding some cool new tools for all your crazy creations, AE is just getting started!

Edited by AlgorithmX2, 29 January 2013 - 09:16 PM.

ShaneDarkholme

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Seems that any export bus requesting something via crafting recipe which takes time (e.g. exporting sand by macerating cobble) will keep spamming the requests, meaning if the inventory can take 64 sand, the export bus will macerate several stacks of cobblestone.

AlgorithmX2
    AlgorithmX2

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 980 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostShaneDarkholme, on 30 January 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

Seems that any export bus requesting something via crafting recipe which takes time (e.g. exporting sand by macerating cobble) will keep spamming the requests, meaning if the inventory can take 64 sand, the export bus will macerate several stacks of cobblestone.
I can confirm that this is a bug, I've go it on my list to fix now.

BoogyWoogyWoo

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hey AlgorithmX2 loving the automation/storage of your mod and iv come to a snag in my factory.I have all my ore processing going through UE machines which work flawlessly but when it comes to MFR harvesters and planters it seems that the import and export bus do not pick up or put in what they should in fact they dont seem to be working at all so i tried a similiar setup using forestry and it works like a charm.Dunno if its a problem on your end or powercrystals end so just thought id let you know about it.
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=48884]Posted Image[/url]