Delusions of Grandeur Building Competition
So here it is: the competition will begin on January 1st and for New Year's Eve, I will be posting the main building component. The object is to take one type of block and make any type of building, but it has to look luxurious inside and out. Simple enough, right?
- Any materials may be used for the project, but you wll be judged on use of the main block-type. Use discretion!
- You may work with as many people as you wish, but there is only one grand prize
- Only one entry per person will be accepted
- Redstone devices may be created, but it is difficult to portray these in still screenshots and you will not be judged on them, so they are not recommended.
- Creative mode recommended. You will not have to mine the materials!
- If you happen to use the PC version and are reading this, and have a use for MS points, you are welcome to compete. However, to make it fair to the xbox360 users, no mods or texture packs are allowed. You can use only what is available on xbox360.
Please post at LEAST five screenshots of your work to the mcx photo site, in its own gallery. Please title the gallery as uniquely as you can, as that is what people will post to vote for your creation. Post the link to your mcx gallery as a reply to this topic. Post no later than 11:30PM EST, January 10th. Word to the wise: Save the chore of actually submitting the link to your work until the contest is nearly over. As great as it is to inspire one another, well...let's just save the 1-upping for Super Mario Bros
Please take into consideration, the use of the announced block type. Did the participant showcase this block, or just use a couple of pieces of it? The creation does not need to perform a function, it just has to look good. We are all the judges of this competition. Please take into consideration the use of the main component and how well the contestant made it work in their finished product. Judging will begin at 11:30PM, EST January 10th, and end at 11:30PM EST, January 11th. This is when voting will be open. At that time, there will be a topic here entitled, "Voting for Delusions of Grandeur Competition." Please reply with the title of the work as your vote. Only one vote per person, please. The winner will be notified and rewarded by 6pm EST January 12th.
1600 Microsoft Points!!
Link to MCX:
THIS WILL BE EDITED WHEN THE CONTEST BEGINS. THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE STYLE OF BLOCK TO BE USED WILL BE BELOW THE DOTTED LINE
You have a full week to build, so whatever it is should be grandiose, detailed, and detract from the fact that it's made out of...dirt. Grassy top or not, it doesn't matter as long as your main building component is that dried out mud stuff we all know and love. Good luck, happy building, and Happy New Year!!