• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

calabris
    calabris

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

So I am creating a home minecraft server just for use on my LAN.  I have a copy of minecraft and my kids have been playing in offline mode on there computers.  We want to be able to have one world to create and build together.  I have read that you can use a LAN server and connect to it in offline mode, but every time we try to connect, we get a stream has ended error.  The server and client are both 1.4.6.  I can sign into the server if I login to my account, but not in offline mode.  I have turned off validation of accounts on the server.  I have read that their may be an issue with servers and 1.4.6?  Is this true, or due I need to buy to more copies of minecraft so we can all connect?

Thank you

Register or log in to remove.

qwertysam
    qwertysam

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1260 posts
  • Minecraft: qwertysam

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

If you want to all play at once, you'll all need different minecraft accounts.

Edit: HOWEVER, it may work in offline mode because everyone gets assigned a different player name id, but I don't know how to setup an offline server.

I don't know about any specific server bug, but I know that they can get a little buggy. Also, it's cool that you wanna play minecraft with your kids Posted Image

Quote my post if you want me to see your reply!

calabris
    calabris

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

View Postqwertysam, on 30 December 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

If you want to all play at once, you'll all need different minecraft accounts.

Edit: HOWEVER, it may work in offline mode because everyone gets assigned a different player name id, but I don't know how to setup an offline server.

I don't know about any specific server bug, but I know that they can get a little buggy. Also, it's cool that you wanna play minecraft with your kids Posted Image

I cannot log into the server when I am in offline mode.  I have read conflicting info. if you can in fact log onto a local server in offline mode.  I am not trying to pirate or anything, but I read on some sites that you can use offline mode and this is Mojang approved!  Posted Image

SacredWaste
  • Minecraft: SacredWaste
  • Xbox:SacredWaste

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

I don't think you can do a LAN offline mode server, if you download the vanilla server you can change the option online-mode=true to false and host that, and offline mode players are assigned the name "Player" if I remember, you would have to find a way to change that for the other kid, there are launchers that do so, I use MultiMC and if the login servers go down and I press Offline Mode it gives me my name still.

calabris
    calabris

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostToXiCiFiCaTioN, on 30 December 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

I don't think you can do a LAN offline mode server, if you download the vanilla server you can change the option online-mode=true to false and host that, and offline mode players are assigned the name "Player" if I remember, you would have to find a way to change that for the other kid, there are launchers that do so, I use MultiMC and if the login servers go down and I press Offline Mode it gives me my name still.

I have not even ventured into multiple people logging in.  When i try to log onto the server in offline mode, I get an error "End of stream" I never get connected in offline mode.  When I log into my mojang account, I am then able to log onto the server.

Spataner
  • Minecraft: Spataner

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

You can not play with several people on a server at once, if more than one of them is not logged into a premium account, if that's what you are trying to achieve. The same goes for several players logged into the same premium account. Any attempt to work around that issue, would technically be piracy, in fact.

SkysPadawan

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

I cant join offline servers and i dont have a premium account and i'm trying to join a offline account

webrosc
    webrosc

Kitty Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 8092 posts
  • Minecraft: webrosc

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

http://rules.mcf.li/#minecraft_support

Do not request support for cracked servers and/or cracked clients

We do not support the use of cracked clients or cracked servers, and therefore will not allow people to request technical support for a cracked client/server.

Simple answer is to buy the game