Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Optifine for 1.4.6

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

ChiefNinja

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hi

Got Optifine for Miniecraft 1.4.6 (correct version of optifine), installed it correctly afaik (opened with 7zip, dragged contents into minecraft.jar). At first it didn't work at all- when I tried to load, or create a world, it would say 'downloading terrain' (I'm not on or running a server- why does minecraft even need to do any downloading?) then it would crash & I'd get the purple error screen. Recently I fiddled with some optifine settings and got it to work a little better somehow, but now textures are blue, and about half a second after the world loads, performance nosedives and minecraft freezes.
I'd just like to add, my pc isn't crap- core i5 2500k, AMD 7950 and 8GB RAM, so I'm not sure why it would crash. Oh, and I'm running the latest version of java.
Any ideas?

Register or log in to remove.

AlastorSlain

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

If i remeber correctly you also have to delete meta-inf from the zip as well, not sure entirely though because i use the magic launcher for it and its so much easier
If the Technic Launcher was destroyed, over 80% of Minecraft players would cry about it and go insane. If you are one of the 20% that would be laughing at them, copy this and post it in your signature and hope it happens :)

ChiefNinja

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Yes, I deleted the META-INF (I think you get a black screen or something when you log on if you don't)

ChiefNinja

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Bump.

Problem still persists. Can sort of get into the game sometimes, but everything loads really slowly, and is invariably blue.

JordanMadTaylor

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Get your saves ect... (basically backing them up) delete you minecraft jar and minecraft itselfs.. Redownload it putting the things you backed up back in.
Download magic launcher and then install your mods using that leaving your m.jar untouched.

Magic Launcher: http://www.minecraft...s-options-news/
Optifine: http://optifined.net...4.6_HD_U_A2.zip
Try this and see if it runs fine?
Posted Image

ChiefNinja

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Just discovered I'm using 32 bit java, so I'll try 64 bit as well...

JordanMadTaylor

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Would probably help:)
Posted Image

ChiefNinja

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Well, I got 64bit java. I can now actually load worlds and run around, but the textures are blue tinted, and minecraft crashes everytime I 'save and quit to title'.
Getting there though.

JordanMadTaylor

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yeh, just try my previous suggestion.. Magic Launcher and erm a new fresh clean minecraft jar :)
Posted Image

EunMin
    EunMin

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Same thing's happening to me since installing Optifine. I'm using Magic Launcher but each time I try to start a world, I get the 'Downloading terrain' message and then it freezes. It was working fine until adding Optifine, so I'm fairly sure it's an issue with that.

JordanMadTaylor

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

My optifine runs like a charm with magiclauncher, could be your computer or minecraft.
Posted Image

EunMin
    EunMin

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Well, I just removed Optifine and it started working perfectly again. How would the computer/ Minecraft be responsible?

ChiefNinja

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Seems to work. I deleted .minecraft, reinstalled minecraft and added optifine via magic launcher. I'll just run a few tests...

JordanMadTaylor

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Good,:P
Posted Image