• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Ratbag7
    Ratbag7

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

My son has a small MC server which runs from his personal PC, and being a beginner in administration (as we had an IT guy download the server on his PC and my son has spent the last week building his new world, both son and myself do not understand how to modify things or carry out the following - hope some of you can advise:

1) How do you stop people from being "Creative"

2) How can you make and insrtall on your server "Portholes"

3) How can yiouy make "Clans"

If you can answer in the most user friendly way as I will no doubt have to make the changes as my son has no computer coding experience, and I know alost niothing about MC, although he has been playing on other peoples serverws for a couple of years. Thanks.

Register or log in to remove.

datsi12
    datsi12

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

1) I do not really understand what you are asking here are you saying how do you stop people from going into creative mode? I'll make this a brief explanation but you can't completely disable creative mode but you can prevent people from going into creative mode by installing a permissions plugin and altering the permissions in there.

2) From this i am gathering you want to install a portal system into the server that will transport players across the map etc to different zones, i am not however familiar with the plugin "Portholes" but i can tell you how to install ones such as World portal. For this download it from the following address http://www.curse.com...ft/world-portal then
  • Add the WorldPortal.jar file and the folder 'World Portal' from the downloaded .zip file to the /plugin folder of the minecraft server. Also add the files inside the World Portal folder to the plugins/World Portal folder.
  • Add the permission lines if you have a permissions system
  • Start your server, and create your portals                              

I think you mean factions by this you install the factions plugin from curse and install it by following the instructions on the page that you downloaded it from, basically this will put 'groups' into your server that people can claim land, pvp, raid etc.

Anyway i hope what i have spent quite a while typing helped you and if you need further assistance you can PM me through the forums for more information or question you may have on this.

-Mike