• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

xTurK
    xTurK

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

In this video, Etho (www.youtube.com/user/Ethoslab) shows how to build a mob system that makes hostile mobs spawn 26 blocks underground. You have to build it 26 blocks beneath you since hostile mobs cannot spawn within 24 blocks of you. When they actually spawn, they get transported into the surface.

However, does this still work with Minecraft 1.4.6? If not, are there other methods of making a mob system of this sort?

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

SnowLinxy

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

poorly

WildmouseX

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

changes in mob AI makes traps that require mob's to wonder off edge's barley functional - I have had good result's with this design from monkeyfarm

xTurK
    xTurK

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostWildmouseX, on 28 December 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

changes in mob AI makes traps that require mob's to wonder off edge's barley functional - I have had good result's with this design from monkeyfarm

Thank you! I just watched the whole video and it seems to work very well.

One last question: is that one better than Etho's new practical mob system?

Posted Image

WildmouseX

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostxTurK, on 28 December 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Thank you! I just watched the whole video and it seems to work very well.

One last question: is that one better than Etho's new practical mob system?

I wouldn't say it's better, each has their advantages... monkey farm's design is more efficient, as it use's water to push mob's off the spawn pad's - but Etho's design doesn't use any piston's, or red stone, making it available to you much earlier in the game.

both system's will work well for you, provided you have satisfied basic Mob trap criteria.

xTurK
    xTurK

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostWildmouseX, on 28 December 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

I wouldn't say it's better, each has their advantages... monkey farm's design is more efficient, as it use's water to push mob's off the spawn pad's - but Etho's design doesn't use any piston's, or red stone, making it available to you much earlier in the game.

both system's will work well for you, provided you have satisfied basic Mob trap criteria.

Alright, I might as well just use Monkeyfarm's farm as I don't mind using redstone and pistons. Thanks again! :P

Posted Image

WildmouseX

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

no problem - I automated my first one to turn on and off every 20 sec's, and built a switch between XP farm, or lava blade item grinder for AFKing - hoping all the experience I got trouble shooting my first one will make this next build go smother..