• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Enderman farm

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

joebys1234

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

I was wondering if there is a way to make a over world enderman farm on xbox   Seeing as we haven't yet got the end?

Register or log in to remove.

Tamorr
    Tamorr

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2851 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

Well that would be really tricky since they are the tallest mob... Best way to do it is mob sorting by size... Sorting the 2 block high mobs out, and left with enderman. That really would be the only way that I would know of going about such a feat...

My First World, always getting back to is a pleasure I enjoy with each new update that brings in more things to add in.

--Arcavia--

BloodyPhoenix

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

It would probably be more of a hassle than a help.
You'd have to make a mob spawner that somehow kills off 2-high mobs and lets Endermen stay.
I really don't even wanna wrack my brain figuring how...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Artist found here.

joebys1234

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

Thnx guys but i think i am goin to just leave it and wait until the end is implemented to the game :)

Woolfman

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Or you could enchant a Sword with Looting. Because then when you kill and Enderman you get more Ender pearls. For example, I have a diamond sword with looting 2 and I killed an Enderman and got 3 Ender pearls!
Harvesting Day! (What I call it when I slaughter my animals violently)
Posted Image

ubergine
    ubergine

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostWoolfman, on 28 December 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Or you could enchant a Sword with Looting. Because then when you kill and Enderman you get more Ender pearls. For example, I have a diamond sword with looting 2 and I killed an Enderman and got 3 Ender pearls!

I should be too old and mature for it, but when I first took my pickaxe with Fortune III and found diamonds, and four diamonds popped out of one, I pretty much shouted.

maizenblue743

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Endermen take damage from water, so you could somehow use that. Also, living near water helps, because they may walk in it and die.

Ragnarock1982

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

View Postjoebys1234, on 28 December 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

I was wondering if there is a way to make a over world enderman farm on xbox   Seeing as we haven't yet got the end?

Idea, not sure i it will work or not. . . Could you make a big 'room', with high walls, and water surrounding three sides. In the middle of the 'room' is a two block high wall, which will stop other mobs like zombies crossing to the other side of the room. The other side of the room is full of pressure plates. When an Enderman steps onto the plates, it releases water over the 2 high wall, and over the fourth side of the room. This will trap any enderman in one side of the room with water surrounding them so they can't teleport out. . . .Think you'd have to fist fight em though.

View Postubergine, on 28 December 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

I should be too old and mature for it, but when I first took my pickaxe with Fortune III and found diamonds, and four diamonds popped out of one, I pretty much shouted.

I've not had the 'fortune' of getting a fortune pick yet. . . My level 30 enchantments always seem to end up with Unbreaking 1 or summit.

ubergine
    ubergine

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

I've only done two level 30's but even my lower level ones have been great. I think the game appreciates the effort I put in to making an enchanting tower before making any. Channels the mystical energies better you see.

Ragnarock1982

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

LOL . Almost fell off my chair reading that.

In all seriousness though, I have to exit my game and restart like 20 times to get the right enchantments that I'm happy with. Yeah, it may seem like cheating, but spending 4+ hours getting to level 30, just to get 'Power 2' on a bow is a bit of a **ss take. . . .  BUT, that's for another thread. Lol

You reckon my idea for the 'room' would work? If so, I might make one myself.

BananaBloods

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

I was just about to post a topic about this too before I saw this. Could someone possibly give a link to a video or explain clearly because I didnt understand what RangaRock was trying to say

rushzer0

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I wouldn't bother until we get the end. Enderman tend to teleport when they hit water so that's out of the question the only way I see possible is having them spawn on pressure pads attached to sticky pistons which push them sending them dropping. Also I'm not sure if the XBox has the buffed up Enderman yet but you have to drop them quite a ways to kill them. Also I'm sure the grinder would lag your game to help and back if it was made to max efficiency lol
Posted Image

TWGibb93
    TWGibb93

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

http://www.minecraft.../#entry19860182

pretty much the exact same thread here, look at the video i posted works quite well if your not interested in waiting till the end.

Hairu
    Hairu

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

should work
resource friendly