• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

What Obsessive Compulsive Disorder REALLY is.

ocd reality annoying

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Dextrous
    Dextrous

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 13171 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostLitagano_Motscoud, on 27 December 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

Oh.

That really sucks.
Meh, it's a liveable thing. It's annoying, yes, but not the worst thing in the world.

TEF IS MY GOD

Register or log in to remove.

AramilTheElf
  • Minecraft: AramilTheElf

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostLitagano_Motscoud, on 27 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

...whoa.

There's absolutely no way to resist the urge to do what they do? If there is a way to resist, what happened when they do resist?

OK, it's not like they lose control of their muscles or anything. Imagine the itchiest itch you've ever had, then multiply it by 10, and then try to resist scratching it.

Kind of like that (No, I don't have OCD, this is just what I know of the condition from various health classes)

Posted Image

diamondminer757

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostLitagano_Motscoud, on 27 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

...whoa.

There's absolutely no way to resist the urge to do what they do? If there is a way to resist, what happened when they do resist?
Actually, there is a way to resist the urge.
You have to train your mind, and tell your self
"This is stupid, and pointless." when it happens, and try to fight off the urge.

Its hard, but its possible.

-I have OCD now, but its alot better now that i tell my self that its pointless.
<p>[php]

Dextrous
    Dextrous

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 13171 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

View Postdiamondminer757, on 27 December 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

Actually, there is a way to resist the urge.
You have to train your mind, and tell your self
"This is stupid, and pointless." when it happens, and try to fight off the urge.

Its hard, but its possible.

-I have OCD now, but its alot better now that i tell my self that its pointless.
Neh, I've tried it before. It sort of worked, then I actually found out that OCD was a thing. Now I just can't be bothered and try to live with it.

TEF IS MY GOD

A_British_Gamer

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

I know someone at school who has to have perfectly clean work. No spelling errors or messiness. He just can't accept it. I'm not sure if that's just extreme perfectionism or OCD like he claims, all I know is that it's about time he got his own paper and stops taking mine! Posted Image
Posted Image

Acetyl
    Acetyl

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8242 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

When I was younger, I did have a very slight form of what seemed like OCD.  It was like having a radio in my head.  Constant noise, whether it was voices, music, sounds, looping sounds.  Went on for 6 months or so.  I would have to focus on a faint, but steady ambient noise and tune myself to it in order to quell the noise, and have quiet.

I don't remember what changed.  Eventually I either learned to consciously control it, or phased it out somehow, and it stopped.  Sort of led to me learning to playback, or reconstruct most audio I've heard with a decent amount of accuracy, like a music library built into my mind itself.
-

Dextrous
    Dextrous

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 13171 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostAcetyl, on 27 December 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

When I was younger, I did have a very slight form of what seemed like OCD.  It was like having a radio in my head.  Constant noise, whether it was voices, music, sounds, looping sounds.  Went on for 6 months or so.  I would have to focus on a faint, but steady ambient noise and tune myself to it in order to quell the noise, and have quiet.

I don't remember what changed.  Eventually I either learned to consciously control it, or phased it out somehow, and it stopped.  Sort of led to me learning to playback, or reconstruct most audio I've heard with a decent amount of accuracy, like a music library built into my mind itself.
Hmm... this sounds more like perfect memory rather than OCD... and if it is perfect memory, then you are one lucky soul.

TEF IS MY GOD

treeco123
    treeco123

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4623 posts
  • Minecraft: mearswood

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostDextrous, on 27 December 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

Hmm... this sounds more like perfect memory rather than OCD... and if it is perfect memory, then you are one lucky soul.
Can you go into more detail about that? Wikipedia didn't come up with much, apart from a song.

Posted Image

Dextrous
    Dextrous

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 13171 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

View Posttreeco123, on 27 December 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Can you go into more detail about that? Wikipedia didn't come up with much, apart from a song.
About which subject?

TEF IS MY GOD

treeco123
    treeco123

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4623 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostDextrous, on 27 December 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

About which subject?
Perfect memory.

Posted Image

Dextrous
    Dextrous

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 13171 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

View Posttreeco123, on 27 December 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

Perfect memory.
It's when someone has such good memory that they remember all and don't forget.
If I remember correctly, only about five living people have been recorded to have it.

TEF IS MY GOD

treeco123
    treeco123

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4623 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

View PostDextrous, on 27 December 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

It's when someone has such good memory that they remember all and don't forget.
If I remember correctly, only about five living people have been recorded to have it.
Ah. I may have heard something about that.
My memory tends to be pretty good with some things, it seems to depend a lot on how much I care.

Posted Image

Foul_Ole_Ron
  • Location: Southern Quebec. No, North Carolina! No wait, I live in my hermit cave. Actually, I'm not a hermit, I live in Scotland.
  • Minecraft: Zanyfeet

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostDextrous, on 27 December 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

It can also be pretty awful, if you remember every or almost every single thing you have ever experienced.
Toasted crustaceans!

MoutainDew2k11

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Oh I thought OCD was people spelling COD wrong, my bad..This was a joke, don't eat me.
Alas, I have plagued this forum with 500+ posts with my arrogance and my ignorant self, onto 1000!
Come join the 101st Minecraft Division! http://www.minecraft...craft-division/

Dextrous
    Dextrous

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 13171 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostMoutainDew2k11, on 27 December 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

Oh I thought OCD was people spelling COD wrong, my bad..This was a joke, don't eat me.
You know the first person to reply to this topic? As in, Trippledot. I'm going to get her to eat you now.

TEF IS MY GOD

The_Pastmaster
  • Minecraft: The_Pastmaster

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Dunno if it's OCD or not but I have this thing where I'm told to do something I do it properly (For an example, unpack a box of tinned peaches, line them up, face out.) then they tell me to stop messing around and hurry up when I'm very confident that I have more than enough time to unpack everything and they just barge in and... "Help" me by throwing it into the shelf and I just want to punch them in the face. >_>
Venit, quessit, induravit.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM, it's what I'm here for. :)

Dextrous
    Dextrous

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 13171 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostThe_Pastmaster, on 31 December 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

Dunno if it's OCD or not but I have this thing where I'm told to do something I do it properly (For an example, unpack a box of tinned peaches, line them up, face out.) then they tell me to stop messing around and hurry up when I'm very confident that I have more than enough time to unpack everything and they just barge in and... "Help" me by throwing it into the shelf and I just want to punch them in the face. >_>
That sounds like somewhat OCD. But that does sound annoying, what those "helpers" do.

TEF IS MY GOD

The_Pastmaster
  • Minecraft: The_Pastmaster

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostDextrous, on 31 December 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

That sounds like somewhat OCD. But that does sound annoying, what those "helpers" do.

Especially since they all say "Oh make it look nice. :D" but then go "TOO SLOW! LESS NICE!" *Kicks my can castle over*

Me: D':
Venit, quessit, induravit.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM, it's what I'm here for. :)

MaGicBush
    MaGicBush

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1316 posts
  • Minecraft: MaGicBush

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

I am pretty sure I actually have OCD though I have never gone to the doctor for it as it doesn't effect me to bad yet(well most of the time). My dad was diagnosed with OCD and takes benzo's for it(repeatedly washes his hands, extreme germ-o-phobe, paranoid about everything literally). I get wierd about certain things that is hard for me to control such as setting my alarm clock when I have somewhere to be the next morning 10-15 times and checking it that many times. I also do some other weird things I am embarrassed to talk about here but they are repetitions. If I don't do it I feel extreme anxiety in my stomach from avoiding the urges.

Posted Image

rh27un
    rh27un

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1914 posts
  • Minecraft: rh27un
  • Xbox:rh27un

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostConservativeParty, on 27 December 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

It is when you check the time every 5 minutes.
What?
Really?
Seriously?
Is it?
Posted Image
(Whitelisted :P)