• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

PLugins For a factions server (Suggestion Box)

plugins factions

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

kyle_will_eat_u
  • Minecraft: Kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Hi I'm running a factions server and I wonder what plugins you would suggest getting.

Please name the plugin and link me to the bukkit dev page if possible thanks.

I am also looking for good role playing plugins.

Plugins we have
  • Factions
  • Mcmmo
  • lockette
  • vampire
  • logblock

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Cmars
    Cmars

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

http://dev.bukkit.or...-mods/factions/
I've used that most of the time.

Old time user, if you need help with bukkit plugins or permissions add me on Skype xCmars

Xx_Matt_xX
  • Minecraft: X_Matt_X

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

I find that both PvPReward and PvPBounty work very well when combined with factions. It enriches the PvP feel of the server.
Posted Image
"When the going gets tough, the tough gets going." -Joseph P. Kennedy

kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

View PostIkin, on 27 December 2012 - 04:02 AM, said:

http://dev.bukkit.or...-mods/factions/
I've used that most of the time.

This mod we use already but thanks for the reply i will update with the plugins relevant to the factions side

View PostXx_Matt_xX, on 27 December 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

I find that both PvPReward and PvPBounty work very well when combined with factions. It enriches the PvP feel of the server.

Thanks for the reply as well I will look into these plugins

View PostXx_Matt_xX, on 27 December 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

Had a look at both these plugins and they look out of date maybe you could suggest more up to date plugins ?

Posted Image

AshvaleStaff

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

View Postkyle_will_eat_u, on 27 December 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

Had a look at both these plugins and they look out of date maybe you could suggest more up to date plugins ?

Many plugins will still work even if they aren't up to date with the newest version of Minecraft. A good tell to see if it is abandoned is to look for comments from the developer in the comments section.

Rmarmorstein
  • Minecraft: Rmarmorstein
  • Xbox:DSyR x River
  • PSN:eliteriver

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

this is not "Factions Relevent" But these would be nice additions to your server. Any server actually

Logblock - Log Blocks placed and broken
ModeratorGUI - This is one of my favorites, mods amd staff can report issues and bans and you can view them from a web interface.
PVPLevels - Saw this one in the Dev list, figured it was related.

Maybe one of the ones where if you kill someone, you get their head?

I have lots more, those are just the best i could think of off the top of my head

Please Quote me If you are Expecting a Reply!

Rmarmorstein | Retired Staff  | Check out my Server Ghost-Realms!

Follow me: @Rmarmorstein

kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

View PostAshvaleStaff, on 27 December 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

Many plugins will still work even if they aren't up to date with the newest version of Minecraft. A good tell to see if it is abandoned is to look for comments from the developer in the comments section.

Already do that thanks for the suggestion

View PostRmarmorstein, on 27 December 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

this is not "Factions Relevent" But these would be nice additions to your server. Any server actually

Logblock - Log Blocks placed and broken
ModeratorGUI - This is one of my favorites, mods amd staff can report issues and bans and you can view them from a web interface.
PVPLevels - Saw this one in the Dev list, figured it was related.

Maybe one of the ones where if you kill someone, you get their head?

I have lots more, those are just the best i could think of off the top of my head

Thanks for the suggestions using logblock but the other two look good

Posted Image

minecrafterwork
  • Minecraft: minecrafterwork

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

You could look at http://dev.bukkit.or...ver-mods/mcmmo/ if you want skills

-- Certified HTML, Java --

-- Experienced C++, Python, PhP, Javascript, MySQL, ROR --

Get_Graped

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Honestly Lockette in my opinion is not necessarily the best plugin for a faction server. From my point of view a faction server is you claim a base and fight against other clans (Factions) one big part about the rivalry between factions is who has more stuff. So what the people on the server want to do is try to tnt their way into their enemy's base and steal all there stuff. So with the plugin lockette, the enemy's break into your base and are ready to fill their inventories with loads of stuff that they steal. But they are very disappointed when they see a big old lockette sign on the chest restricting their access to the treasure inside. This is just my opinion
Posted Image

kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostGet_Graped, on 28 December 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

Honestly Lockette in my opinion is not necessarily the best plugin for a faction server. From my point of view a faction server is you claim a base and fight against other clans (Factions) one big part about the rivalry between factions is who has more stuff. So what the people on the server want to do is try to tnt their way into their enemy's base and steal all there stuff. So with the plugin lockette, the enemy's break into your base and are ready to fill their inventories with loads of stuff that they steal. But they are very disappointed when they see a big old lockette sign on the chest restricting their access to the treasure inside. This is just my opinion

VIP rank on the server can break the lockette signs that's how we get past that problem, In short gives people an incentive to become a VIP

Tanks for pointing that out anyway's

Posted Image

AshvaleStaff

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

View Postkyle_will_eat_u, on 28 December 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

VIP rank on the server can break the lockette signs that's how we get past that problem, In short gives people an incentive to become a VIP

I sure hope VIP isn't a donator rank.

Get_Graped

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

View Postkyle_will_eat_u, on 28 December 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

Okay, and yeah if thats a donor rank dont u think that would be just a bit unfair
Posted Image

shilohcuevas

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

View PostGet_Graped, on 28 December 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

Okay, and yeah if thats a donor rank dont u think that would be just a bit unfair

but how else would he get money?

kyle_will_eat_u

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostAshvaleStaff, on 28 December 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

I sure hope VIP isn't a donator rank.

Yea VIP is donator rank but im not the owner i just run the plugins for the server but my question still lies what plugins do you suggest are good for a factions based server

Posted Image

Thomazlawd

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Just to bump in (im the owner) VIP ranks pay for the server, pvping i believe is the main part of a factions server something everyone can do. Sometimes stealing everyones items/destorying the base is just as bad as greifing, as the person simply just leaves the server (some stay and dont let that get them down but from experience that amount of people are extremely small). The VIP rank balances out the server in the sense its something every massive faction should have as it shows they have one person that supports the server and gives them a person that can 'mope' up after a war. Lockette simply gives small factions the chance to become empires and more comfortable in the server rather than have the top faction 'clean' their bases before they get to layer 12. this is a bit irrelevant but just an explanation.

colezx1234

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:53 AM

You can try the plugin called mcmmo

http://dev.bukkit.or...-plugins/mcmmo/