Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article


[16x] [1.6.2] Connected Textures - Finally Updated!

texture texture pack connected random pattern minecraft gibboman456 1.6.2

  • Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#1

Gibboman456
  • Location: I am right here.
  • Minecraft: 456Gibboman456

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Connected Textures V2.0

Finally Updated!

For Minecraft 1.6.2


By Gibboman456,

Imalsome,

and CarGem



SUMMARY:

Connected textures is a texturepack that connects some of Minecraft's block's textures (e.g, bricks, glass, sandstone, etc...) and adds some random textures to the faces of some blocks to make them look more realistic. It is made as a utility for other modders, mappers, and texturers to use in their own work, but it can also be used on it's own.


Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image




CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:


DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.0:

https://www.dropbox....exturesV2.0.zip

Old Downloads:


WARNING! This texturepack requires Optifine or MC Patcher to work! Please download one of the following:

Optifine:
http://www.minecraft...-and-much-more/

MC Patcher:
http://www.minecraft...her-hd-fix-245/


If you have any more suggestions for me, leave them in the comments for this post, or send me a message to be sure you have the textures connected.


BANNERS:

Coming soon...

Register or log in to remove.

#2

NitrogenSnow
  • Location: United Kingdom
  • Minecraft: NitrogenSnow

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

Nice work
Intro Poem to my Channel: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=X9YIFTE3rjA

#3

Gibboman456
  • Location: I am right here.
  • Minecraft: 456Gibboman456

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

View PostNitrogenSnow, on 27 December 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

Nice work

Thank you, kind sir. Remember, if you want anything else added, just contact me.

#4

NitrogenSnow
  • Location: United Kingdom
  • Minecraft: NitrogenSnow

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

View PostGibboman456, on 27 December 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

Thank you, kind sir. Remember, if you want anything else added, just contact me.

Since you're doing random textures, perhaps some random mobs might be nice? A black skinned sheep to a black and white cow, a zombie with different pieces of flesh missing etc.
Intro Poem to my Channel: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=X9YIFTE3rjA

#5

corner_g
    corner_g

    Retired One

  • Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 3010 posts
  • Location: It's a secret to everybody
  • Minecraft: corner_g

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

The saying "it's the thought that counts" comes to mind somehow...

There are a lot of things that you should do with this, but the idea is nice, even considering it is a default edit. The glass and bookshelves should be credited to the original creator of the connected textures mod though.

Fare well everyone! My time to retire has come!
"And with that, POW! I'm gone."
---Lord Crump

Posted Image


#6

Gibboman456
  • Location: I am right here.
  • Minecraft: 456Gibboman456

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

View Postcorner_g, on 27 December 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

The saying "it's the thought that counts" comes to mind somehow...

There are a lot of things that you should do with this, but the idea is nice, even considering it is a default edit. The glass and bookshelves should be credited to the original creator of the connected textures mod though.

Those textures are from the Optifine mod. Sometimes the mod glitches though, and the connected textures don't work, but with the texturepack, they work %100 of the time.

If you are still wnting to know about the permissions of the textures, my request is still pending. If I can't use them, I'll add my own, but they won't be as good.

View PostNitrogenSnow, on 27 December 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

Since you're doing random textures, perhaps some random mobs might be nice? A black skinned sheep to a black and white cow, a zombie with different pieces of flesh missing etc.

I was considering it, but the mob textures just take a bit of time, you know, and time is something I'm quite short of.

Now that I've said that, the update will be coming very soon...

#7

Seradicus
    Seradicus

    Glowstone Miner

  • Members
  • 3097 posts
  • Location: Here.
  • Minecraft: lo0katmyname

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

The shading you added to the sides of Jungle Logs is bad. Largely because No logs have any shading on them in that form, and largely because it gets too dark. I do quite like the Smooth Sandstone, though.

Not a fan of default edits, but... This is pretty decent. 'Least for what you have so far. Be sure to add plenty more, perhaps the occasional flower in Grass?

#8

Gibboman456
  • Location: I am right here.
  • Minecraft: 456Gibboman456

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

View PostSeradicus, on 27 December 2012 - 04:02 AM, said:

The shading you added to the sides of Jungle Logs is bad. Largely because No logs have any shading on them in that form, and largely because it gets too dark. I do quite like the Smooth Sandstone, though.

Not a fan of default edits, but... This is pretty decent. 'Least for what you have so far. Be sure to add plenty more, perhaps the occasional flower in Grass?

I partially agree with the log shading. I really need to fix it.
And I actually just finished putting little yellow flowers on the random grass block, coincidentaly! Thank you for your feedback.

Also thanks for realising that this is version 1.0, so of course there won't be much!

#9

Gibboman456
  • Location: I am right here.
  • Minecraft: 456Gibboman456

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

View PostSeradicus, on 27 December 2012 - 04:02 AM, said:

The shading you added to the sides of Jungle Logs is bad. Largely because No logs have any shading on them in that form, and largely because it gets too dark. I do quite like the Smooth Sandstone, though.

Not a fan of default edits, but... This is pretty decent. 'Least for what you have so far. Be sure to add plenty more, perhaps the occasional flower in Grass?

Funny, just as you posted that, I finished adding random little yellow flowers to grass blocks!

Also, I agree with the log shading, it does need to be done up. I'll start work on it now...

#10

PAPERCHIPS
  • Location: alone
  • Minecraft: DrPaperchips

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

This looks really cool! I can't wait to see where it's going! Good job!
Posted Image
Twitter: Paperchips

#11

Gibboman456
  • Location: I am right here.
  • Minecraft: 456Gibboman456

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

View PostA00000A, on 27 December 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

This looks really cool! I can't wait to see where it's going! Good job!

Why thankyou, dear sir! Now get back to making amazing MinecraftPE maps!

#12

imalsome
  • Location: On Earth or MC Earth
  • Minecraft: austin_rich
  • Xbox:austin_rich

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

hope you can get the ctm for the mineral blocks working i tried it a couple weeks ago with iron and it took me a while to get a working prototype here is what i got for it i also put in my ctm for logs (idea based of of better than default but mine is better) and random texture for sugar cane (each texture has some random leave placement) i have more ctm but not all are perfected yet (i get lazy after a while and don't finish most or they don't fit the default as i have my own custom texture pack) feal free to use any of them if you like
Posted Image
edit: nvm that iron still doesnt work (seams as though i forgot to update the png in my zip folder) ill update it when i stop being lazy and test my new version :P

Posted Image

I scored 100% on the Minecraft Trivia Quiz. How much do you know about Minecraft? Try it yourself at http://samlancashire...inecraft-trivia


#13

imalsome
  • Location: On Earth or MC Earth
  • Minecraft: austin_rich
  • Xbox:austin_rich

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

BUMP
and update should come soon i gave him some more files to use

Posted Image

I scored 100% on the Minecraft Trivia Quiz. How much do you know about Minecraft? Try it yourself at http://samlancashire...inecraft-trivia


#14

jpmrocks
    jpmrocks

    Blaze Extinguisher

  • Members
  • 4149 posts
  • Location: Amplified Hardcore Fortress
  • Minecraft: jpmrocks
  • Xbox:WiiU is jpmrocks
  • PSN:WiiU is jpmrocks

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hmmm... It sounds good, but I'll wait for this official update people are talking about.

Posted Image


#15

Gibboman456
  • Location: I am right here.
  • Minecraft: 456Gibboman456

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

View Postjpmrocks, on 08 January 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

Hmmm... It sounds good, but I'll wait for this official update people are talking about.

What do you mean, "...this official update people are talking about."?

#16

user_1259045

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

None of the metal blocks tile.
Other than that, good work.
Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines (pending)
Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath


Currently playing: Terraria, Spelunky

#17

imalsome
  • Location: On Earth or MC Earth
  • Minecraft: austin_rich
  • Xbox:austin_rich

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostGibboman456, on 10 January 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

What do you mean, "...this official update people are talking about."?
most likely how i said that i sent you textures (i am completly un official btw) and just to let you know he cant open the folder with the textures right now so...

Posted Image

I scored 100% on the Minecraft Trivia Quiz. How much do you know about Minecraft? Try it yourself at http://samlancashire...inecraft-trivia


#18

Namorax
    Namorax

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

I have a question bout how CTM works:

After checking out the ctm folder in the FyreUKTexturepack, I noticed there were some property files that had a comment called "Extra Block". I even found an explanation on "how" the pack uses CTM to take unused metablocks and texture them according to the properties file.

But how do these extrablocks appear ingame? I tried Creative Mode (with NEI) but i wasnt able to get these "extra blocks". Am I missing something? I found a good tutorial explaining how CTM works, and I learned a bit through checking out the FyreUK-property files. But I still dont get how to do  the "extrablocks".
Am I mistaken somewhere and CTM cannot texture unused meta-blocks?

#19

Gibboman456
  • Location: I am right here.
  • Minecraft: 456Gibboman456

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostNamorax, on 12 January 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

I have a question bout how CTM works:

After checking out the ctm folder in the FyreUKTexturepack, I noticed there were some property files that had a comment called "Extra Block". I even found an explanation on "how" the pack uses CTM to take unused metablocks and texture them according to the properties file.

But how do these extrablocks appear ingame? I tried Creative Mode (with NEI) but i wasnt able to get these "extra blocks". Am I missing something? I found a good tutorial explaining how CTM works, and I learned a bit through checking out the FyreUK-property files. But I still dont get how to do  the "extrablocks".
Am I mistaken somewhere and CTM cannot texture unused meta-blocks?
I am not quite sure what you mean by 'extrablocks'. I will download this FyreUK texturepack you speak of, and figure out what this all means.

#20

JoshDaWolf
  • Location: Pennsylvania
  • Minecraft: JoshDaWolf
  • Xbox:edszo

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

You should make grass on dirt blocks connect, it looked great on Minecraft, but the mod doesn't work anymore.
How about subbing guys? CrazyNinjaDuckz Thanks!