• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Warpshard
    Warpshard

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

Basically, this is how you could craft Chain Armor in Vanilla Minecraft without needing to get fire with the give command. You could craft an item that is essential to the Chain Armor: A chain link. One chain link is crafted through placing one Iron Ingot into a crafting table or your inventory quick-craft (which would explain the Armor set having the same durability as normal Iron Armor). Once you have enough chain links, you would place them in the same shape as a normal Armor Item. However, you would take more damage than Gold Armor would, but less than Iron Armor (since there are a large amount of gaps in the armor). So, what do you think?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

UnitedSquadron

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

The same cost of Iron armor but better? I believe this is not the best idea. No support.
Posted Image

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4841 posts
  • Location: I could probably put an overused/bad joke here, but instead I put this when I should be telling the world my location.
  • Minecraft: Giygas924

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

View PostWarpshard, on 27 December 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

more damage than Gold Armor would, but less than Iron Armor (since there are a large amount of gaps in the armor).

...wut?

Gold is worse than Iron. Chainmail takes more damage than gold, yet it takes less damage than iron. So, it takes less damage than iron, but it takes more damage than gold... which is worse than iron. It is both better and worse than iron? What?

Posted ImageDid something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?Posted Image

MrKEKEKE
    MrKEKEKE

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

already suggested
and also, useless idea
Posted ImageI'm a creeper in a creeper hoodie hugging another creeper in a creeper hoodie.

Amsedmak
    Amsedmak

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

Personally I love that there is an armor teir that can only be taken from zombies wearing it or by being bought from a villager.
Why do people have youtube Minecraft videos that claim to be current version but were uploaded months ago?

Raffilcagon
  • Minecraft: Ya wanna no?
  • Xbox:You care about this?

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

So, what you're saying is we should use our iron to make an item worse than iron but at the same price?
I see NO ONE who would do that unless they have stacks and stacks of spare iron.

Posted Image

My avatar- Madison Ravenblade, Queen of Gotha. Age 26, master of various weapons, greatest mage in her dimension, dimensional traveler, and has saved several dimensions from certain doom.

Warpshard
    Warpshard

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

All right! I get it, this is an awful idea! Could a moderator close this thread?
Posted Image

Cloxaau
    Cloxaau

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 281 posts
  • Minecraft: Cloxaau

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

Actually, I could expand on this idea.
Well, really, it's more of a whole new idea.
How about you make it so you're slower when you're wearing normal armor, but then add a chain variation of each tier that would be crafted by said tier's chain link (two of which would be crafted by two of said tier's material; shapeless) and would not slow you down?
Okay, it's confusing, but: The chain variation of an armor set wouldn't slow you down, but would require more materials to make (using the concept of 2 input = 2 output; it requires twice as much and yields twice as much).
*Sigh*

Hass_Harley
  • Minecraft: Hass_Harley

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

Or instead of one chain link per iron, mayhaps it could be two or even four? Chains could also be implemented in other items, such as a chain fence or a flail of some sort.

Cloxaau
    Cloxaau

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

View PostHass_Harley, on 27 December 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

Or instead of one chain link per iron, mayhaps it could be two or even four? Chains could also be implemented in other items, such as a chain fence or a flail of some sort.

Or a grappling hook.
I like grappling hooks.
*Sigh*

Hass_Harley
  • Minecraft: Hass_Harley

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

View PostCloxaau, on 27 December 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

Or a grappling hook.
I like grappling hooks.
Yes! Said grappling hook could function like an Ender Pearl, but with limited range and uses.

MoSteel7
    MoSteel7

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

...Well this thread is all sorts of funny.

So here is what I have either pieced together or completely my own.

I had a similar idea, yet didn't make a thread on it because of how over used the idea maybe, yet here is a thread with similar ideas that I can place my own combined with what I have read.

First the Chain Armor.  You can still make it using Iron Ingots which in turn, one Iron Ingot gives you three Iron Chains.  You can then make chain armor the normal way by placing the Iron Chains in the squares to make chest, leggings, shoes and helmet armor.  This way you can have better leather armor but it will break faster then Iron armor as I believe it already does.

Moving on to the tier idea.  You make your regular armor out of Leather, Iron, or Gold.  Diamond isn't on the list because it's the max.  By using the Anvil you can combine Chain Armor with Leather to make it give the same defense as Iron, and slightly more durability but it won't last as long as Iron.  It would be like Leather armor with the durability of Chain Armor but the defense of Iron Armor.  This pattern continues on with Gold and Iron.  When you add Chain Armor to Iron Armor, the Armor gives the same defense as Diamond but lasts only slightly longer then Iron Armor normally would.  I've never used Gold Armor and all I know is it's durability goes down quickly but I can't give any real input on it.

So, Thoughts?

Runick
    Runick

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Minecraft: Runic47

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

What.
You shall not pass! - Gandalf the Grey vanquishing the Balrog

theBlobLord
  • Minecraft: tehBlobLord

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

No, chain armour is awesome for showing off; the whole point of it is it's hard to get.

Talons7331

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Mojang already said no.

I've decided minecraftforum is terrible.Posted Image

Cloxaau
    Cloxaau

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Either way, they don't check the Minecraft Forums, so I doubt they'd ever see this thread.
But hey, a suggestion's a suggestion, so why not?
*Sigh*