It's back! Yes, You Are the Creeper, all the way from Minecraft Beta 1.2_02, is updated from 1.7.3! Version 2!
Click here for an explanation if you were sent here from an adf.ly link - I'm sorry!
More great spotlights:
You Are the Creeper 2 is a total-conversion mod for Minecraft that turns you into Minecraft's most hated mob, the Creeper. Upon loading the game, you will appear as a creeper (but with your own skin). That's not all: mobs will not attack you, villagers will run from you, and a new kind of villager, the warrior, will attack you on sight to protect the other new villager: a king! Kill the king and steal his crown to recruit mobs to join your cause.
YATC2 has been completely rewritten to use Forge and now edits no base classes!
Since the new version is a beta, some features are missing. While some of these (spider and endermen helping you) can't be done because Forge doesn't support it yet, others (creeper vision, nest blocks - which will be redone as the totem system, backpacks) will be coming in future updates.
If you run into problems, please quote the entire error log as a reply to this post.
Changes from vanilla Minecraft:
- You can explode by holding down the 'h' key (configurable in the controls). I wonder what happens if you get struck by lightning....
- You look like a creeper!
- Right clicking a zombie, creeper, or skeleton with a crown will damage the crown and allow you to access the "Control Mob" GUI, where you can give or take the mob's equipped items, set the mob's behavior, and see the mob's health.
- After being recruited with a crown, zombies, creepers, and skeletons will attack villagers and other hostile mobs.
- Villagers are now afraid of you, skeletons, and creepers, and will run from you. You can still trade with them though, if you can catch them! (Left trading in because it's needed to get some items from other mods, like Forestry. Future versions will probably remove trading from normal villagers and require you to trade with zombie villagers).
- Each village now generates an imposing stone castle, containing a king and 5 guards, The guards can kill an unarmored creeper in two hits, so be careful! However, if you can get in, the king will drop his crown. Showing this crown to mobs will recruit them to your side!
Items: (All item ids can be changed in .minecraft/config/YATC.cfg! Run the game once to generate this config file)
- King's Crown: Dropped by the king, can recruit 15 mobs to your side.
- Village compass: This red compass will point towards the nearest village if one is close enough, otherwise it will spin wildly. This item is very useful for progressing in YATC.
How to install:
Basically, just download Forge, put it in minecraft.jar, and put yatc.zip in .minecraft/mods WITHOUT EXTRACTING IT!
Support this mod:
If you want to support this mod, you can put the following code in your forum signature:
This will add the following imagelink to your sig:
(To edit your signature, click your name in the upper right to go to your profile, then click the green "Edit Profile" button, then on the left click 'Signature", and paste the code above into the text box)
If you got to this thread from an adf.ly link , I'm sorry! I can't edit the old 100+ page YATC thread because it is locked, and can't edit the McModCenter download because McModCenter doesn't exist anymore. The only thing I had access to was my adf.ly account, so I edited the old links to point to this new thread. Sorry for the "double dipping", it's not for the money it's so that people trying to download the old mod can get redirected to this new thread.