Latest News Article

Copper and Tin Ore

feed the beast industrial craft forestry copper tin ore rarity

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

icupurple
  • Minecraft: EthanLovesYou

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hello, I recently made a new single player world on the Mindcrack mod pack for FTB and noticed that either the world gen for copper and tin has changed or I'm just the most unlucky person in the universe. I've been mining at around Y10 and found far more diamonds than copper and tin. Have they become extremely rare or are they just more commonly generated at a specific Y level now?

Register or log in to remove.

NobodyCare
    NobodyCare

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1112 posts
  • Minecraft: NobodyCare

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

They spawn more than diamonds but at a wider y level range, making it more spread out. I don't think they made it less common but I could be wrong.

Please quote my post when you are replying to me so that you make sure that I read it.

Global Rules    Mapping and Modding

icupurple

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

View PostNobodyCare, on 26 December 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

They spawn more than diamonds but at a wider y level range, making it more spread out. I don't think they made it less common but I could be wrong.

I had heard that that was true before the update to 1.4.6 though. Than I could get at least half a stack of copper/tin per mining trip. Now I only get 3-6 ores if I'm lucky.

minecraftnut

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

I haven't played FTB for 1.4.6. But in the beta versions they had ore generation enabled for every single mod that added those. So you would end up with crazy amounts of copper and tin because 4 different mods spawned their own versions of copper and tin.
Maybe they only let one mod handle copper and tin ore generation now.

This can be changed in the configs of the respective mods btw. But only if you play singleplayer. On a server the ore generation config is handled by the server.

Zjarek
    Zjarek

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Most of the ores are generated using TE, you can find all informations in config/cofh/thermalexpansions.cfg. Copper should generate on levels 40-75 and tin 25-50.

icupurple

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostZjarek, on 26 December 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Most of the ores are generated using TE, you can find all informations in config/cofh/thermalexpansions.cfg. Copper should generate on levels 40-75 and tin 25-50.

Thanks I didn't know TE was responsible for ore generation.

RLS0812
    RLS0812

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • Minecraft: RLS0812

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

In the newest version of MindCrack ( 1.4.7 ), copper and tin are semi - rare.

For me, one mining trip at layer 42 yields an average of 4 copper and 7 tin ores .. only way to speed up production is to use a LOT of IC2 miners machines ( which are expensive ).

Posted Image