• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Good Plugins For Bukkit

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Franovic

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

OK so recently I made a server for me and my friend so we can build things but I'm thinking of making it public because it can be boring by myself when he leaves (I get bored of single player now)... So I want to get some good plugins so that my server doesnt get griefed and stolen (we spwan things that griefers will use to destroy our things *cough* TNT *cough*). so whats good plugins in your opinions??? Oh and I already have a two plugins that were recommended to me they are: WorldEdit, WorldGuard
PLEASE RENEMBER THAT THIS IS FOR BUKKIT

-Franovic

EDIT:
I Now Have These Plugins:
WorldEdit
WorldGuard
Permissions
LWC
BigBrother (Thx thats perfect to stop TNT)

Anymore I should get?

Register or log in to remove.

rch
    rch

Minecraft.cm

• Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

Have you gone through the Plugins sub-forums on the Bukkit forums?

http://forums.bukkit...in-releases.17/

Mydnyte
    Mydnyte

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

I really enjoy the SimpleServer wrapper for server administration.
It's very easy to use.
You mostly control the server permissions using txt files.

I use the Bukkit plugins mainly to add some flavor to my server.
Such as MonsterHunt, MyWarp, w/e else is fun.

Bukkit has a plugin called Permissions that you can use as a base for server administration.
It's pretty easy to set up, and other Bukkit plugins will use it for their permission settings.

What I recommend though, as I said before is the SimpleServer wrapper w/ bukkit plugins for fun.

Edit: http://devfluid.com/...title=Main_Page
Posted Image

Franovic

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

Yea I also want things like warping so that there would be fast acess to other towns also can you guys name a good chest protection plugin and something that stops people destroying things that ops can pick? like chests or blocks?

VoidingNixx

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

Big Brother is a really great plugin as well. It allows you to see who has changed blocks in an area and do rollbacks by user and radius, amongst other things (and plays nice with WorldGuard/WorldEdit).

If you are looking to port around, Wormhole X-Treme is pretty good.

Franovic

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

Guys these are really good and I like them but I still need a warp command can anyone help with this???

VoidingNixx

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:39 PM

Well, Wormhole X-Treme is good if you want to take the portal route.  If you are looking for commands to use, without structures being built, check out the plugin named xWarp.

Franovic

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:45 PM

K thx thats all the Plugins I need so thx you have all been a really great help to me and my server so you guys have just been a lode of BEASTS

TomXP411

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

VoidingNixx said:

Well, Wormhole X-Treme is good if you want to take the portal route.  If you are looking for commands to use, without structures being built, check out the plugin named xWarp.

VoidingNixx,
I'm using MyWarp; if I want to switch to xWarp, does xWarp support signs? Do I have to re-do them all?

Franovic,
You should also check out Essentials.

It does kits, simplifies spawning (/i, rather than /give user), and it lets you set spawn, set homes, and has a warp module. You can disable the warp module if you're using xWarp or MyWarp.

What I'd like to see is a plugin that automatically gives a basic kit on spawn and does NOT allow users to spawn more items later...

VoidingNixx

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Sorry Tom, I just know of MyWarp and xWarp, but use neither of those on my server.  I'm only using Wormhole X-Treme for portals.  I like to keep things as close to the Vanilla experience as possible. ^^

Damien711
  • Minecraft: Damien711

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:40 PM

Essentials and General to run off permissions would be a nice addition

Posted Image

Aussie1245
  • Minecraft: Aussie1245

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

if u would like it to say that ur owner and certain people admin,builder,citizen, and so on. just get the group manager plugin which i think comes with essentials... anyways u need notepad++(u don't need notepad++ but it's way easier) if u like it way easier u can download mine. At, http://www.mediafire...ty8i049mqr96f0q
Once you have it go in to it then into worlds and then rename the world to the name of your server world :D
Posted Image

joshtheminerguy

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostFranovic, on 11 February 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

OK so recently I made a server for me and my friend so we can build things but I'm thinking of making it public because it can be boring by myself when he leaves (I get bored of single player now)... So I want to get some good plugins so that my server doesnt get griefed and stolen (we spwan things that griefers will use to destroy our things *cough* TNT *cough*). so whats good plugins in your opinions??? Oh and I already have a two plugins that were recommended to me they are: WorldEdit, WorldGuard
PLEASE RENEMBER THAT THIS IS FOR BUKKIT

-Franovic

EDIT:
I Now Have These Plugins:
WorldEdit
WorldGuard
Permissions
LWC
BigBrother (Thx thats perfect to stop TNT)

Anymore I should get?
yes you should get admin powertools

Triangle_Chris

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

It'd be nice to have some plugins running without permissions. Would admin power tools help with that?
Posted Image