• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do I upload my Single Player Map to my server?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

theunknown_

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

I know it can be done because the host of the other server I'm on did it.

I sent him the "World" folder, and he just did it...it was the original IP plus a port ie 1.2.3.4:56 (with the additional colon part).

If you could explain a walk through...

cheers.

Register or log in to remove.

sansavarous
    sansavarous

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:35 PM

Ok lets follow the bouncing ball!

And remember kids the quote marks are there for demonstration purposes don't add them to the file/folder names.

1. Backup and stop your minecraft server.

1. Connect to your server with the "management" interface, you want to access the files.

2. Navigate to where minecraft is, you need to find a folder/directory called "world" usually it's in the minecraft folder/directory.

3. THIS IS IMPORTANT YOU MUST DO THIS DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP Copy the "world" folder to another folder, rename the folder to "world_backup" this way you have a backup of your original world.

4. Delete or rename the original "world" folder.

5. Copy the Worldx folder to the minecraft folder, the same place as the "world_backup" and deleted/renamed original "world" folder. (Worldx being the world with x being the number)

6. Rename the Worldx folder to world.

7. Restart your server.

8. Connect to your minecraft server with your minecraft client.

9. Have a homebrew, relax and enjoy!

When you want to restore your original world, rename the new world folder to something else, then rename the world_backup folder to world.

If these instructions confuse you or you are unable to follow them, then perhaps you might want to rethink running a minecraft server.

theunknown_

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

sansavarous said:

Ok lets follow the bouncing ball!

And remember kids the quote marks are there for demonstration purposes don't add them to the file/folder names.

1. Backup and stop your minecraft server.

1. Connect to your server with the "management" interface, you want to access the files.

2. Navigate to where minecraft is, you need to find a folder/directory called "world" usually it's in the minecraft folder/directory.

3. THIS IS IMPORTANT YOU MUST DO THIS DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP Copy the "world" folder to another folder, rename the folder to "world_backup" this way you have a backup of your original world.

4. Delete or rename the original "world" folder.

5. Copy the Worldx folder to the minecraft folder, the same place as the "world_backup" and deleted/renamed original "world" folder. (Worldx being the world with x being the number)

6. Rename the Worldx folder to world.

7. Restart your server.

8. Connect to your minecraft server with your minecraft client.

9. Have a homebrew, relax and enjoy!

When you want to restore your original world, rename the new world folder to something else, then rename the world_backup folder to world.

If these instructions confuse you or you are unable to follow them, then perhaps you might want to rethink running a minecraft server.

Perfectly brilliant young sir!

So for mac users its:

wherever your minecraft server folder is, mine is called "minecraft_server" open that.
Then find your saves, go to library>application support>minecraft>saves>worldx (where x is the number)
copy "worldx" to the minecraft_server folder (hold cmd+drag the folder)
delete (or back-up) original "world" folder
rename "worldx" to "world"

bingo bango and by Jove you've done it.