Latest News Article

Wither skeleton spawner, 1HKO Trap

piston wither nether skeleton lava 1hko mob spawner xp farm

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Randomthought31
  • Minecraft: Randomthought31

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Ok, so as we all know, when you put a skeleton spawner in the nether, wither skeletons spawn a majority of the time. I have been working on making a Wither skeleton grinder, that will allow me to efficiently gather wither heads at a fast pace.

I say I've been working on it, because I can't quite figure out one bit of it.

So far I've created a room that is rather tall (about 12 blocks) with a skeleton spawner at the top. At the bottom, I've tried a number of different methods of using lava to funnel all the wither skeletons to the center, where I've dug out a hole with a sign to block the lava and an iron bar to block the skeleton from actually reaching me.

I've only managed to kill one wither skeleton thus far, an that was because he noticed me at the bottom of the hole by luck and walked his happy butt down into the hole.

My question to the MC Community is, has anybody ever achieved creating a successfulwither skeleton XP farm utilizing a spawner? If so, what is the best method to do so? A video would be very helpful if you know of one.

Thank you all in advance for any replies.
My mega long suggestion for Brewing & Farming!

Register or log in to remove.

NobodyCare
    NobodyCare

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1112 posts
  • Minecraft: NobodyCare

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

The extra few skeletons don't really need to be filtered since they can be used as a xp farm.

Please quote my post when you are replying to me so that you make sure that I read it.

Global Rules    Mapping and Modding

cannajan

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

If you are using a spawner why not just give yourself the skelly heads?

I think most people that build wither skelly farms play in vanilla and dont use spawners, they have to use the areas that generate the wither skellys, (the crossroad part of the nether forts give the most area). They also have to stop anything spawning around the farm which involves tons of clearing and making a lava sea or half slabbing the surrounding area!
RsiriusMC has a good example on youtube called trx

Mineblemone
  • Minecraft: MINEBLEMONE

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

He wants to use a spawner...
Posted Image

NobodyCare
    NobodyCare

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1112 posts
  • Minecraft: NobodyCare

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

View Postcannajan, on 24 December 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

-snip-
It is the same reason why people make pig spawner farms.

Please quote my post when you are replying to me so that you make sure that I read it.

Global Rules    Mapping and Modding

Mineblemone
  • Minecraft: MINEBLEMONE

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

So, here you go:
Spoiler:
On top of the pressure plates, you need a 23 block gap and then put the spawner. The wither skellys will land on the plates, and turn the water flow on. tHis will bring them into the farming area, where there will be a hole at their feet for you to punch them. Use your hand, they only have a heart or to left.
Posted Image

Randomthought31
  • Minecraft: Randomthought31

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

It's actually on a server. I was given a spawner of my choice and placing. So I decided to build a wither skelly farm. and to Mineblemone, you mean lava, not water, right? Water cannot exist in the nether.
My mega long suggestion for Brewing & Farming!

colorfusion

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Lava doesn't actually push mobs AFAIK, you also need to kill them yourself to get rare drops.
Maybe use a lot of pistons or just a long drop where you can 1 hit KO them at the bottom before they hit you. They are 3 (Or 2.5 or something) blocks tall so you can have a block overhead to stop them getting at you.

Juraceous
  • Minecraft: Juraceous
  • Xbox:Juraceous

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

I wish it was possible to get a mob spawner, even if creative only.
Posted Image

I_am_Jens
  • Minecraft: I_am_Jens
  • Xbox:Ni!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

View PostMineblemone, on 24 December 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

So, here you go:
Spoiler:
On top of the pressure plates, you need a 23 block gap and then put the spawner. The wither skellys will land on the plates, and turn the water flow on. tHis will bring them into the farming area, where there will be a hole at their feet for you to punch them. Use your hand, they only have a heart or to left.

If you know how to get water into the Nether, tell me.
Posted Image

Packerdan
  • Minecraft: Packerdan

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Place the spawner in an open room, when the skeles spawn lure them towards you and over a gap, 23 blocks deep, then when you have enough go down and slaughter them all
GENERATION 31: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

bobbybilly123

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostI_am_Jens, on 24 December 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

If you know how to get water into the Nether, tell me.

You used to able to get water into the nether by getting ice via silk touch then breaking that on top of an overworld block... It might not still work.
Posted Image

iMinerpwns
  • Minecraft: Brandonwupwns

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

I feel like pointing this out. I haven't tested this in a while but try it. You need to be able to get the water source block, and place the source block in the nether. I know on some servers you can "craft" water source blocks, so you can try it out if you can obtain source blocks.

I also have a question, if you were to have a regular skeleton spawner, and place it into the nether, would it spawn wither skeletons?
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."

zeebee777

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

It would spawn withers. And the way I do it just place the spawners really high so they fall to one hitish, doesnt need to be exact because I use a d sword anyway, because it has looting III on it, because it's a spawner they just spawn mid air and fall, hehe.