• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

3rd Boss

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Semf1010

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

My idea for the 3rd boss for minecraft is a Golden spider.

For start it has golden glowing eyes.

And other details

Damage: 3 and a half hearts
Health: 120 Hearts
Attack: 1st Attack same as original spiders attack. 2nd attack lays spider eggs that hatch with the original spiders
XP drops: 5000 XP
Drops: Fermented spiders eye(64),Block of gold(64)

Is this a good idea? Bad idea? I didnt break any of the forum rules did i?

Register or log in to remove.

ErasmoGnome

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

You didn't break any forum rules, except maybe not enough detail. Where would this spawn? How would it spawn? How big would it be?

But the part that I think is the worst about this idea is the 64 blocks of gold. That's 576 gold pieces, basically giving you unlimited gold. That is far too much.
Posted Image
If you want to see a great idea for Minecraft, click the banner! Over 400 supporters and counting!

Semf1010

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

I dont even know were its spawn should be lol XD

Charlie2531games

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Reduce the drops, maybe add a new item for the drop.
Intel i7 3770k, 16GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 500GB HDD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
Posted Image

Semf1010

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Ok Id say maybe 32 blocks of gold o.o

Frog81
    Frog81

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10470 posts
  • Minecraft: frog81
  • Xbox:Gorfeywog

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostSemf1010, on 23 December 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

Ok Id say maybe 32 blocks of gold o.o
Maybe FIVE blocks of gold. Also, if you have iron armour (Pretty common) 3 and a half hearts of damage wouldn't hurt you much at all, with all the bonus from armour.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Runick
    Runick

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Minecraft: Runic47

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

From most of the Boss ideas I've seen they just have the same formula: ([Material] + [Mob] = [Boss] e.g [Diamond] + [Zombie] = [Diamond Zombie])
Suggestion:
Change "Golden Spider" to a better name, because a spider made out of gold is just silly isn't it?

Damage: [For starters make it abit higher and give seperate damage values for different difficulties] e.g
Easy - 3 and a half hearts
Normal - 5 hearts
Hard - 7 hearts

Health: [Health you suggested is fine]

Attack: [This is Fine as well]

XP: [This too]

Drops: [Drops are too OP, 64 Golden blocks practically give UNLIMITED gold, and the spider doesn't have multiple eyes now does it?]

Misc: Also Provide Details When/Where/How it will spawn/to find.
You shall not pass! - Gandalf the Grey vanquishing the Balrog

Frog81
    Frog81

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10470 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostRunick, on 23 December 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

From most of the Boss ideas I've seen they just have the same formula: ([Material] + [Mob] = [Boss] e.g [Diamond] + [Zombie] = [Diamond Zombie])
Suggestion:
Change "Golden Spider" to a better name, because a spider made out of gold is just silly isn't it?

Damage: [For starters make it abit higher and give seperate damage values for different difficulties] e.g
Easy - 3 and a half hearts
Normal - 5 hearts
Hard - 7 hearts

Health: [Health you suggested is fine]

Attack: [This is Fine as well]

XP: [This too]

Drops: [Drops are too OP, 64 Golden blocks practically give UNLIMITED gold, and the spider doesn't have multiple eyes now does it?]

Misc: Also Provide Details When/Where/How it will spawn/to find.
All true, all true! Sometimes people use an adjective instead, or replace mob with Herobrine. About 10% of all boss threads are Herobrine.
Posted ImagePosted Image

seasport100
  • Minecraft: SnowyWolf11
  • Xbox:J H4RP

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostFrog81, on 23 December 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

All true, all true! Sometimes people use an adjective instead, or replace mob with Herobrine. About 10% of all boss threads are Herobrine.
You guys are totally right. I would like to see a boss added in that has different mechanics to it and special abilities. The bosses that are currently implemented probably took some time to think of. Most people that post about bosses take like 1 minute.
Posted Image

Frog81
    Frog81

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10470 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

View Postseasport100, on 23 December 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

You guys are totally right. I would like to see a boss added in that has different mechanics to it and special abilities. The bosses that are currently implemented probably took some time to think of. Most people that post about bosses take like 1 minute.
Yep. Below I will have a bad example boss thread.

"LOLOLOL WE NEEDZ A KING CREEPER WHICH SPAWNS WHEN YOU KILL A COW ON GREEN WOOL AND EXPLODES DESTROYING WHOLE WORLD AND HAS A MILLION HEARTS AND DROPS FIVE MILLION DIAMOND BLOCKS!"

That has never been suggested before as far as I know, but you can see how horrible the idea is?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Kekilrocks123
  • Minecraft: Kekilrocks123

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

Eh, sounds pointless and stupid. Maybe a gold spider in the nether that dropped gold ingots? Actually, that sounds kind of cool. I'm going to go make a suggestion for that.

View PostValkorus, on 02 September 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

The 1.7 map looks like Andy Warhol vomited a bag of skittles all over my monitor.  

seasport100
  • Minecraft: SnowyWolf11
  • Xbox:J H4RP

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostFrog81, on 23 December 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

"LOLOLOL WE NEEDZ A KING CREEPER WHICH SPAWNS WHEN YOU KILL A COW ON GREEN WOOL AND EXPLODES DESTROYING WHOLE WORLD AND HAS A MILLION HEARTS AND DROPS FIVE MILLION DIAMOND BLOCKS!"

That has never been suggested before as far as I know, but you can see how horrible the idea is?
Not to be mean but that kind of resembles that Mutant creeper mod :)
Posted Image

jpmrocks
    jpmrocks

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4149 posts
  • Minecraft: jpmrocks
  • Xbox:WiiU is jpmrocks
  • PSN:WiiU is jpmrocks

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostSemf1010, on 23 December 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

My idea for the 3rd boss for minecraft is a Golden spider.

For start it has golden glowing eyes.

And other details

Damage: 3 and a half hearts
Health: 120 Hearts
Attack: 1st Attack same as original spiders attack. 2nd attack lays spider eggs that hatch with the original spiders
XP drops: 5000 XP
Drops: Fermented spiders eye(64),Block of gold(64)

Golden Spider... Maybe change the name to something else? Like AUraneae? (Its Gold+Spider, but smarter).
Golden eyes... Okay sounds cool.
It needs to hit people harder. Maybe... 6 and and a half? Its not a boss if it just pokes.
Health sounds good.
XP drop seems a bit much to me.
Uh... Too many spider eyes, far too much gold. Maybe 32 gold ingots, 8 spider eyes, 12 string, and some other fourth thing?
The idea needs some work, but it is a pretty decent idea. A much better boss suggestion then many of the ones I've seen.

Posted Image

astrotrap
  • Minecraft: Astrotrap

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Not the worst idea, but not that creative, either. Sort of support, although it would be better as a Nether mob.

sugarmaster1
  • Minecraft: sugarmaster1

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

This sounds like a Nether mob, and we already have a boss in the Nether - the Wither. It doesn't actually spawn in the Nether, but all the materials needed to summon it are found in the Nether, so it's kind of a Nether boss.

I'd prefer a new, original dimension with a new boss in it. Not a boss in the Overworld, because you need to be a dimension traveller to beat bosses.

So, so true. Here's one of my own creation (but still a bad idea):

"OMG YOU GUYS A HEROBRIN BOSS IND IT SPAWNS IN THE HEROBRINE MANSIN GOT A THOUSAND HEARTS IT DROPS A HEROBRINE KEY WHICH CAN BE USED TO UNLOCK UNLIMITED EVERYTHING IN THE GAME!!!1 PLEASE SUPPORT!!!1"

texTnummbers22

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Maybe it could give some kind of potion effect when it hits you?
Posted Image

Frog81
    Frog81

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10470 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

View Postsugarmaster1, on 24 December 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

This sounds like a Nether mob, and we already have a boss in the Nether - the Wither. It doesn't actually spawn in the Nether, but all the materials needed to summon it are found in the Nether, so it's kind of a Nether boss.
Wither is the Nether boss. Sure, it can be made in overworld, but it doesn't have to be. Most people build in the Nether where there is less ­ for them to destroy, heh, you could even build it in The End, and fight the dragon at the same time.
Posted ImagePosted Image

SharkMonster
  • Minecraft: SharkMonster

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

defiantly lower the drops and have something lower then blocks of gold for such a weak boss (Diamond sword=17 hits)
Hope won't make dat chickin kook.

MrKEKEKE
    MrKEKEKE

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

let me refine your idea...

Boss Name:
Arachnid, Golden Horror(bad name)

Spawn:
32 blocks around Desert Temple, applox 10% chance the boss will spawn around the temple, only one will spawn, wont respawn

Damage:
Easy, 4 hearts
Normal, 6 hearts, posion effect
Hard, 8 hearts, poison effect

Attack Type
Lunge, just like a normal spider
Spin, the boss spin 360 degree, damage all nearby mobs and the player(hostile mob will NOT turn hostile to the boss)
Lay Eggs, the boss stop moving for a while and then lay 4-8 eggs, the eggs will spawn into normal spider(80% chance) or a cave spider(20% chance) after 5 seconds
Eggs
a greenish looking dragon egg, can be destroy, have 4 hearts health

Health
120 hearts

Exp

Drops
4-12 spider eyes
block of gold(0-2) 5%chance
gold ingots(2-8) 30% chance

After killed
the boss just despawn like a normal mob, however after the dying animation, about 2-6 spider will spawn and attack the player immediatly

looks better(atleast for me...)

View PostSemf1010, on 23 December 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

you didn't break any rules
Posted ImageI'm a creeper in a creeper hoodie hugging another creeper in a creeper hoodie.

crazeenuthead
  • Minecraft: SirSilverShroud

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Well, the idea would be better if it was more supported. But it sounds mare like a rare mob to me rather than a boss.

I have always thought that there would be a boss symbolic to each dimension, and this sounds like a cross between the Overworld and Nether.

If there where a boss for the remaining dimension (the Overworld), I think it would be more like a Creeper Hive, or the still-slightly-possible Red Dragon.

It is a thought with potential though, I will give you credit for that.
Pigmen - Raiders of the Overworld!
http://www.minecraft...orld-version-3/