14 replies to this topic

Shizune
    Shizune

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Minecraft: Paathurnax

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

I've been thinking and after enjoying it a lot on the pc, I thought, why not on the Xbox 360?
Are there any ways to make this possible?

Register or log in to remove.

Cloaked9000
  • Minecraft: Cloaked9000

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

I don't think you can even mod the xbox version...
Would be nice though, but I don't think the mod developer would be able to write the mod for xbox as the PC version is written in Java, where as the xbox version is written in C++ & C#.
Posted Image

Shizune
    Shizune

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Minecraft: Paathurnax

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Ah okay thanks.

Natecraft

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Microsoft has rules against modding their Xbox games, it is illegal to do so.
ragnarock200: awesome, are those things with the creeper faces pistons or furnaces
Snowey1994: There dispensers

thecamelishungry

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

That would take so much time and effort it wouldn't even be worth it. They'd basically have to code minecraft twice, there's so many things it adds.

LukesterGaming

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Theres been countless threads discussing Tekkit/FeedTheBeast modpacks in regards to the Xbox360 already, and all of which saying why it can't be possible for so many reasons, mainly being that the Xbox360 hardware wouldn't be powerful enough to run it all ontop of the existing game too :/ we might see some form of 'mods' or Xbox exclusive features down the line once 4JStudios take their own route of things to add, but even then it won't be exact mods taken straight from the PC version, they'll just be similar things that probably won't even work in the same way anyway.

Posted Image

Please check out my new gaming channel, for Minecraft Xbox360 Edition uploads!

Cloaked9000
  • Minecraft: Cloaked9000

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

If it's not powerfull enough it would be in the next generation Xbox, but there is still the problem of different programming languages.

View Postthecamelishungry, on 22 December 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

That would take so much time and effort it wouldn't even be worth it. They'd basically have to code minecraft twice, there's so many things it adds.
The modder wont code minecraft twice, but they would have to code the mod twice. But that probably wont happen because of what I said above.
Posted Image

dalem246
  • Minecraft: Dalem246

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

how wouldnt xbox be powerful enough to run the mod pack?
Posted Image

MiniNic1
    MiniNic1

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Couldn't they make a DLC for feed the beast I meen like that makes sense right

Urban_Blackbear

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

They could if they wanted to (word for being angry) off the modding community. I don't think they would be happy if 4J copied their work and released it as their own, even if the modders don't have any actual legal rights to it.

darkpitofdoom2

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Well, I don't know how people can say that the Xbox couldn't handle a Mod for Minecraft when it can already handle DLC for Skyrim and other games.  All DLC is doing is adding on things and that's what a mod does, so it couldn't be much of a problem.  Also, I think 4J may add something similar to Feed The Beast but it wouldn't be the exact same thing, it could have some different features and items than the original thing.  One last thing, I don't think the creators of the mods would be mad at all if their mods were to be used.  It means their Mods were so great, it made it onto the console version.  If I were creator of a mod, and heard it made it to Xbox, I'd be proud of myself that my hard work has made it onto something else other than the PC.

Mattbball53097
  • Minecraft: Mattbball53097

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Well, it would be pretty hard for any ole' person to mod Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, and there may be legal issues with 4J Studios, therefore, I don't think it will happen. I would enjoy seeing it though, because I do love FtB!

Howarthee

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

View Postdarkpitofdoom2, on 24 January 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

Well, I don't know how people can say that the Xbox couldn't handle a Mod for Minecraft when it can already handle DLC for Skyrim and other games.  All DLC is doing is adding on things and that's what a mod does, so it couldn't be much of a problem.  Also, I think 4J may add something similar to Feed The Beast but it wouldn't be the exact same thing, it could have some different features and items than the original thing.  One last thing, I don't think the creators of the mods would be mad at all if their mods were to be used.  It means their Mods were so great, it made it onto the console version.  If I were creator of a mod, and heard it made it to Xbox, I'd be proud of myself that my hard work has made it onto something else other than the PC.

View Postdalem246, on 12 January 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

how wouldnt xbox be powerful enough to run the mod pack?

As of right now, the Xbox is using up all of the available space it has while running Minecraft. Running a system-intensive mod on the Xbox along with that would make the game shudder to a complete halt. Think about it, now we have tons of people complaining about lag and blocks reappearing. If a specific mod could make a PC lag, how could it possibly be on the Xbox. (I'll admit, I have no experience with Feed the Beast, but most mods have the potential to make a computer lag.)
The good people, they always die. And the bad people do too...But the weaker people, the people like me, WE have inherited the Earth. -Morgan Jones

Ionkilller

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Microsoft makes sure errything is strict and boring :) so we can't MOD, which is a big part of the fun. Like taking  10 chunks out of a Minecraft world.
Posted Image [SSSS]
And they say cracked is whack.. Pffft...

Chimeratech
  • Minecraft: Chimera_Tech

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Locked for Redundancy

Mods are not allowed on the Xbox platform, thank you

Posted Image