My mod, the Rainbow XP mod, changes the colours of the xp orbs into a randomized colour. This allows for the colours of the orbs to be different from the ordinary puke green colour that I'm sure you're sick of. It's quite a simple mod but it does make the game look a lot prettier. The orbs also glow slightly to make it aesthetically pleasing.
A video I made quickly demonstrating it:
It generates the colours by randomizing a number between 1 and 100. If the number is below 93 it will choose a "preset" colour and slightly randomize the values of that colour (so one green might be more green than another and another green might be slightly more blue than another). If the number before was above 92 it will generate a completely random colour using some quick formula I wrote to lower the chances of it generating a black or white colour,It edits the EntityXpOrb and RenderXpOrb class files, so if you have another mod that for some reason edits them then it won't work.
To install it just follow the steps below:
- Locate your .minecraft/bin/versions folder.
- Open the folder containing the version of minecraft you downloaded the mod for (1.6.2). Once in there open your minecraft.jar with a compression program such as bandizip or winrar.
- Delete the META-INF folder.
- Copy the classes from the mod zip into the minecraft.jar.
- Launch Minecraft.
- Enjoy... or sue me. Which ever one you feel like at the time.
For Minecraft 1.7.4: http://www.mediafire...P for 1.7.4.zip