• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Diamond Fireworks

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

thecamelishungry

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

I was just wondering if anyone thought the requirement for the trail effect is really worth 1 diamond for only 1 really short rocket.... I mean, it would be great if crafting with a diamond or glowstone dust yielded at least 8 stars due to those items also being nonrenewable.

Register or log in to remove.

spiderraptor42

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

Glowstone is renewable, you can buy it from villagers. Trail effect, IMO, should be changed to something like redstone or sugar that IS renewable.
Posted Image

GerbilCrab475

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Agreed, one diamond is absurd for a one use item that just makes pretty lights.

Posted Image
^Not many of these potions can actually be made in vanilla Minecraft! Support the missing potions today! ^

GabrielSalla
  • Minecraft: GabrielSalla

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

I thought the same...
Don't reply to a topic without reading the previous posts ;)

Fzlue
    Fzlue

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

I'm not even noticing a difference between a trailed and a normal firework. Don't all the rockets leave trails?

RexBox1337
  • Location: Behind y- OKE THAT JOKE IS DEAD OKAY, STOP TELLING ME!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

View Postspiderraptor42, on 22 December 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

Glowstone is renewable, you can buy it from villagers. Trail effect, IMO, should be changed to something like redstone or sugar that IS renewable.

And not that expensive...

View PostFzlue, on 23 December 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

I'm not even noticing a difference between a trailed and a normal firework. Don't all the rockets leave trails?

The particles coming from the explosion now have an trail.
People call me Rex, and Rex is latin for king.
In other words, bring sum mur cupcak's.

LazyJay
    LazyJay

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

I want to throw my voice into this pot of discontent over the use of diamonds as a crafting material for fireworks.

I'm with many other people who agree it should be redstone and not diamonds used to form firework trails.  Furthermore, fireworks are single use items that last but a moment once used.  It would be nice to see a greater reward for our efforts like OP suggested, each crafted firework making 4 or 8 sounds far more reasonable.   As it stands now I think many of us will be faced with the option of crafting a beautiful fire work, or a mediocre one, depending on how willing we are to spend our diamonds crafting them.

*edit* I never used a looting enchanted sword before and I realized that it balances out the drop rate on leather that I was complaigning about.

Natecraft

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostLazyJay, on 25 December 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I want to throw my voice into this pot of discontent over the use of diamonds as a crafting material for fireworks.

... snip...

Another issue I have is with the increased use of leather as a crafting item but it's still relatively low drop rate when killing cows.  If anything I'd like to see the leather drop every time from a cow with perhaps less meat as a balance.  Perhaps 1-3 leather and 1-2 beef.

That's one of the issues the devs have trouble with in this game.  They have great ideas but do a poor job balancing these ideas in the game.  It reminds me of the days before sheep could replenish their wool.  People like me who used lots of wool would have to scour the map for heards of sheep to get enough wool for a large project.  Then, even if you did get enough, you decimated the sheep population over a large area, sometimes to the point where wool became a rare comodity on a server.

Uhm, a little more than half of your post had nothing to do with diamonds being used in a firework recipe.

Anyway, I also agree diamonds for the trail effect is pretty steep, and doesn't really fit in with the mostly powder ingredients.
ragnarock200: awesome, are those things with the creeper faces pistons or furnaces
Snowey1994: There dispensers

DragonHeroBlaze
  • Minecraft: DragonHeroBlaze

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Agreed, nobody will use diamonds to make fireworks.
Check out the spoiler for my weather suggestion and a list of other topics of mine I think you should see.

MellieCakes

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

I only have 11 diamonds right now and I definitely don't plan on using any of those on something that doesn't last that long. I agree that they should change it to something that is renewable. Dimonds are hard to come by in the first place and using them on something that doesn't help you survive seems kind of stupid to me. Posted Image
Posted Image

Gentlemenne

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

Agree,it is not worth when use a diamond just for a firework effectPosted Image

Suho1004

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

I haven't actually made any fireworks yet, but I will agree with everyone else here: diamonds for burst trails are a bit ridiculous. Redstone I could see, though.

Mr.GeO
    Mr.GeO

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Minecraft: Mr_GeO

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Fireworks are one of the most enjoyable and awesome additions to the MC, but...
But diamond as an ingredient of firework - and an ingredient which do not make anything spectacular, really - is in my opinion EXTREMELY overkill. And I'm saying that as an user of IC2 mod where with a bit of effort you are able to set up diamond-producing industry.

Even with said industry up and running I think that cost/effect ratio for diamond-containing fireworks are waaaaay to high. Seems to me that this feature was done with creative mode in mind and then transfered to survival without really looking into it.
Posted Image

redstonevet90

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

If you don't want to spend 1 diamond then make a firework without the trail. My god. This isn't complicated people.

TheMasterCaver's Random Biomes Mod - 1.6.4 Biome Distribution

Compatible with Minecraft Versions 1.7.2 and Later

(Optional Cave Mod Included)

RexBox1337
  • Location: Behind y- OKE THAT JOKE IS DEAD OKAY, STOP TELLING ME!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

View Postredstonevet90, on 27 December 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

If you don't want to spend 1 diamond then make a firework without the trail. My god. This isn't complicated people.

But what if we DO want to make one, but don't want to spend a daimond?
People call me Rex, and Rex is latin for king.
In other words, bring sum mur cupcak's.

iMaartennn
  • Minecraft: iMaartennn

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

I haven't actually made any fireworks yet, but I will agree with everyone else here: diamonds for burst trails are a bit ridiculous. Redstone I could see, though.

iMaartennn - Snapcraft server Owner/Manager

Posted Image

redstonevet90

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostRexBox1337, on 27 December 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

LOL.

Well, since making a trail firework requires that you spend a diamond, I guess you're SOL. You really only have 2 choices here.

1) Don't make a trail firework
2) Spend a diamond and make one

Other than that I don't know what to tell you, besides "you're being irrational."

TheMasterCaver's Random Biomes Mod - 1.6.4 Biome Distribution

Compatible with Minecraft Versions 1.7.2 and Later

(Optional Cave Mod Included)

Enjay
    Enjay

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostRexBox1337, on 27 December 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

Then that's a choice that you have to make.  You can't have your cake and eat it. Posted Image Personally, I have no problems with diamonds being part of a totally optional, completely non essential thing that you make just because you want to.  Just like real fireworks, some of them are ridiculously expensive and you only use/buy them if you have loads of money of just want to show off.  Personally, I think it's pretty cool that you can do something like that in MC too. Posted Image
LOL MineDrama. Posted Image

Someguyfromcrowd
  • Minecraft: Someguyfromcrowd

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

The burst trails aren't particularly exciting looking. They're definitely not working coughing up a diamond for at the moment.

I'd change the trail ingredient to redstone and then find some far more exciting thing for diamond.
I don't know how to deal with this

Quote me to get me back in the thread!

Runick
    Runick

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Minecraft: Runic47

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

I wanted more uses for diamonds since its an end-game item.
but when it was an add-on for fireworks I facepalmed since you would only use it if you have a surplus on diamonds..
You shall not pass! - Gandalf the Grey vanquishing the Balrog