• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Disabling Internal Server for Singleplayer?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

RavianGale
  • Minecraft: RavianGale

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Hello,

I am quite sick and tired of lagging in my singleplayer world from the internal server that is in it. And before you go and say its my computer I have to point out:

-Before it was introduced I had never had a problem and never crashed
-Chunks would load fine.
-I never had issues with running too fast into a certain direction.

Ever since the previous updates I can hardly get anywhere due to lag. The mods I used, such as Dragon Mounts, are very stiff now and I can't even go around the complex of my base in my single player world without it glitching and me falling through the world due to the awkwardness of the internal server.

So here I am, about to go back to 1.2.5, only asking someone, ANYONE, is there anyway to disable the internal server? Its annoying and a useless feature for me because I'm the only one in my house that plays PC Minecraft.

Register or log in to remove.

Syfaro
    Syfaro

Retired Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 5209 posts
  • Minecraft: Syfaro

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

The internal server is how the game is run, there isn't a way to disable it.

Minecraft API - A JSON API for fetching information about Minecraft & Minecraft servers

Read my blog about tech stuff!

RavianGale
  • Minecraft: RavianGale

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Then screw it. I'm going back to 1.2.5. At least then everything ran smoothly.

bacon_avenger
  • Minecraft: bacon_avenger

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

I thought the internal server doesn't start unless you start up a single player game
I ride the bukkit on Linux with a PEX shooter at my side.  Please don't PM me for help, PM's don't help the community at large as it's not publicly viewable.  Use pastie or pastebin for files, I will not download files.  Click the up arrow if I helped. (I also do YT Vids)

Link_Dragon512

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

I wish someone would just make a mod for this...I can't even play single player on my main PC because of this damn feature! This internal server feature has been driving me insane!

Manan6619
  • Minecraft: Master_Manan

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

I agree with you guys; I really wish there was a mod out there that would get rid of the internal sever ­. Unfortunately, I don't think it's as simple as, 'turn of the internal server.' I don't have anyone nearby to play LAN with, and I probably wouldn't do it much anyway, because unlike a full on server, there's no chest protection or grief protection, it's like playing on the 360. However, if there is a mod or something out there that makes the game run like 1.2.5 (And before you say it's the computer's fault...it's not.), now would be a great time to speak up.
Posted Image Posted Image
Also, I've flipped shovel textures for Tinker's Construct for a  more realistic-looking animation, check here:
http://www.minecraft...hovel-textures/

Syfaro
    Syfaro

Retired Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 5209 posts
  • Minecraft: Syfaro

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

Let me explain how Minecraft works.

There is a server that runs (all the world updating stuff such as trees growing, etc.) inside of the client. This is why LAN mode can exist, because it's a server.

You can't disable the main function that runs the game, nothing would happen. No blocks would generate, you couldn't do anything, it wouldn't be a game.

There won't be a way, ever, to disable the main function that runs the game.

Minecraft API - A JSON API for fetching information about Minecraft & Minecraft servers

Read my blog about tech stuff!

Julianacan

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

The server is just a place holder for the world
the way the world loaded in 1.2.5 is it is loaded directly
to the client
in 1.3-1.4 a internal server loades
it then sends some visual data to the client
then that data adds up
visual data+ time it takes to "transfer" data to the "client"
+data loaded by the server+ (when you break blocks) time it takes to "transfer" data from client
to server.
so if there is a mod that could make the server nonexistant(sorry horrable grammer)and load
like 1.2.5 i would be happy too

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG
Thank you