• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

More Armor Slots and Types [A Relitavely Simple Mod Idea]

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

EpicEnderMiner

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

This is an idea to have more armor pieces than just the basic chestplate, leggings, helmet, and boots. This idea would add more armor slots. I know that this has been requested before, but I believe that the specifics of this particular idea is different than any others.

There would be an armor slot for the Helmet (head), Chestplate (upper body), Plackart (middle body), Vambrace (upper arm), Gauntlet, (lower arm), Cuisse (upper leg), and Greave (lower leg). This would mainly be a mod to make geting armor more difficult, and adding a customization aspect. The old armor slots would be changed to the new ones, and the old armor would no longer be craftable.

The armors would be crafted like so, except with any of the old materials used for armor:

Helmet:
Posted Image
Chestplate:
Posted Image
Plackart:
Posted Image
Vambrace:
Posted Image
Gauntlet:
Posted Image
Cuisse:
Posted Image
Greave:
Posted Image

The looks of the armor on the player would be simmilar to how it is now, except that, of course, each piece of armor would be seperate.

Also, the armor bar next to the health bar would be changed. The armor ratios of the protection in comparison to the full set of that tier armor is as follows:

-Chestplate: 25%
-Plackart: 20%
-Helmet: 17.5%
-Cuisse: 12.5%
-Vambrace: 10%
-Greave: 7.5%
-Gauntlet: 7.5%

Of course, the protection value to any peice of armor when equiped would be rounded to the nearest 20th due to the armor bar having 20 segments.

Any suggestions to this idea are welcome, and modders, feel free to make this into a mod! Posted Image

My current avatar is: Raistlin Majere from the Dragonlance novels.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.