Sega5
    Sega5

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Minecraft: Sega5

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hello everyone,

I am having a bit of an error with a Feed the Beast Server I play on. About ~80% of the time I try to connect I get "Internal Excpetion: java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset". Generally I get on for 5 sec. before getting the error. Other times its a minute...or not at all. I have ready many threads on fixing this and have tried MANY things on my end, but I eventually realized that it must be a server side error.

I tried having the host delete my player.dat file, but that did not help. A few other members also had the same issue, but it seems like I am the only one that still has this problem.

Here's a short list of fixes I've tried:
Spoiler:

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know

Spoiler:

Want to play with JL and his crew? Join his fan server at mc.jl2579.net!!!

Register or log in to remove.

dracometeor72

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

My friend had the same issue, and it unfortunately is not server-side UNLESS they have an outdated Java and Java SDK. You should try to install the latest Java and Java SDK. This error will also arise if you do not have enough RAM put into Feed The Beast. You can change this in the options tab of the launcher. Hope I helped! Pleas contact me if you have any further issues or if this does not work.

Sources:
  Me, an experienced server owner

Triangle_Chris

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

View Postdracometeor72, on 20 April 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

My friend had the same issue, and it unfortunately is not server-side UNLESS they have an outdated Java and Java SDK. You should try to install the latest Java and Java SDK. This error will also arise if you do not have enough RAM put into Feed The Beast. You can change this in the options tab of the launcher. Hope I helped! Pleas contact me if you have any further issues or if this does not work.

Sources:
  Me, an experienced server owner

It sounds like you're having issues because of a lack of hardware and software settings that are a bit outdated. Shoot me a PM and give me some more details, like dracometer72 said it's tough to answer the question without more detail.
Posted Image